Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.02.02, 11:19 PM   #61
CristianTabush

I will look into Carbon, but especially at you track, the FRP plates are so much more consistent and faster than the carbon 96, that this is why we released FRP first. FRP, especially in the thickness we chose is a much better spring material than Carbon Fiber or SSG. I have received several requests for the Carbon ones, so I will probably have some made soon to test. It being February, you will not see much new stuff due to Chinese Lunar New Year for the whole month at our factory. We will see some new products land late March, early April, starting with our T-Bar mount, which will blow everyone's mind
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.02, 11:46 PM   #62
B-main
previously spakey

ive seen the tbar mount .and its very cool .i deff need to get one of them

let's go racing
B-main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.02, 11:59 PM   #63
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-main View Post
ive seen the tbar mount .and its very cool .i deff need to get one of them
The one I showed you was a prototype. What CT mentioned is a little bit different, the final product will have even more adjustment points.
VAzRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.03, 12:48 AM   #64
Gofast

Thank you Reflex. Just like the American Idol judges, "A thousand percent YES!" I didn't buy the delrin balls and it's already massively smoother than the original setup. And what? Only $7? Really?

P.S. They are a little taller than the 02 kingpins but fit all the race bodies that I have.
Gofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.03, 07:14 AM   #65
hrdrvr
MBMZR

B-Main - CT is right, the fiberglass ones seem perfect, especially at our track Id probably be switching my 02s over, if I wasnt offing them

Matt hooked me up with one for my 03 at our recent event. I was running 94 and had a great car to start with. Once I installed the T-Bar (hardest one I believe) Matt loaned me, I went a tenth faster within the first three laps. I put the car down and didnt run it again until the first round of qualifying. I TQ'ed with the car in the first round, and was one of only three people to hit 29 in that class. I did 29 all three rounds including a 29/5:00.

The car was unbelievably good, and I feel sorry for my locals to race against it I finally got my hands on a VDSII, and went down another tenth as well as getting an even better 'feeling' in the car

Ive been running a hacked version of RR front suspension on that car allready, and can say the concept alone is far superior to the original 03 design once applied. Ill have this new front end set up onto my mod 03 to compare. I can say, a couple of guys beat me to installing it, and their cars are uber smooth! I cant believe its so free!!!

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.03, 09:23 AM   #66
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

Landon,

The t plate I gave you was the medium one, I had the hardest one on my mod car.
Old 2010.02.03, 09:34 AM   #67
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Ahh, Cool. Thanks for the info Matt, and the part. Ive got my own now, so if you want to PM me your addy, I can send a replacement for you.

Forgive me if this is a double post. I know I replied, but it wont show up even with refreshing multiple times

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.02.03, 09:58 AM   #68
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
Ahh, Cool. Thanks for the info Matt, and the part. Ive got my own now, so if you want to PM me your addy, I can send a replacement for you.

Forgive me if this is a double post. I know I replied, but it wont show up even with refreshing multiple times
It's all good man, just hang on to the plate. I'm glad you liked it, plus you helped show how well the frp plates work on the track.
Old 2010.02.03, 10:28 AM   #69
B-main
previously spakey

the mount will have even more adjustment points..cool FRP it is .matt the tires you cut down for me were 40 not my 30s .my mistake cost me a good showing in my main.=( sorry for the small hijack ct .the upper arms compress 1/2 the spring on one side .does that mean i need to run harder springs than i normally do

let's go racing
B-main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.03, 01:43 PM   #70
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

Quote:
the mount will have even more adjustment points..cool FRP it is .matt the tires you cut down for me were 40 not my 30s .my mistake cost me a good showing in my main.=( sorry for the small hijack ct .the upper arms compress 1/2 the spring on one side .does that mean i need to run harder springs than i normally do
I has a feeling something was up. When you said the car pushed after the tires were tried it suprised me becuase everyone esle I tried tires for that weekend gained slot of front grip.

Back on topic.

I have been using white pn low down springs(sometimes yellow) with a spacer between the spring and the cup and two shims on top of the cup under the e clip. It's a lot to do but it is like this so that there can be unlimited adjustment for the ride height, pre load and droop.

I can't remember how thick the spacer was between the spring and cup but I can check when I get home. I think it was around .3-.4mm.
Old 2010.02.03, 02:06 PM   #71
CristianTabush

Quote:
No, typically you can run PN white or PN Yellow. If you run the PN Knuckles, which lower the front, you can raise your front roll center and get away with purple and green, but the happy medium is either the white or yellow. for me right now.
Old 2010.02.05, 02:01 AM   #72
dorifto46

Prior to installing this new front end my fastest lap was an 8.7... Installed the front end and within a few laps i had already dropped an 8.7 very consistently. Fastest lap i dropped tonight was an 8.5 The front end is so smooth now and gives tons of steering. Next i need to try the frp 96 plates
dorifto46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.05, 02:02 AM   #73
CristianTabush

Good news! Glad you like it!
Old 2010.02.05, 10:25 AM   #74
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

converted 3 of my 03's to a reflex setup last night and all of my cars where on fire...

mr03 stock 70t - reflex front end (kingpins and delrin balls) and 96mm tplates... ferrari 430 body... went from 29 - 5 flat to an 30 - 5:06... track record on this layout is a 31 flat in mod and a 30 5:04 in stock...

car felt absolutly amazing, more predictable then ever before, and endless amounts of steering... i gained so much corner speed it was almost a little difficult to drive in the beginning hahaha... i couldnt keep up with how fast i was going through some of the more techincal sections...

mr03 mod pn 38t ballanced armature in ball braring can with neo magnets and stock brushes - reflex front end (kingpins and delrin balls) and 96mm tplate used to run at 100mm.... car is absolutly amazing effortless to drive and infeild and corner speed is just straight up stupid... i believe i ran a very low 30 lap 5 minr run... it was either a 5:02 or a 5:03... but none the less simply amazing... considering i ran a high 28 lap pace in mod prior cause i could never get any steering with all that power...

i also did a front end on my LM but have to leave the tplate due to it being a true LM class....

and just to let it be known i didnt change a single thing with the cars besides the front assembly and the tplates... and on all of the setups im running yellow 02 springs and medium tplate...

awesome work CT....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00161-20100204-1737.jpg (272.2 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00162-20100204-1738.jpg (255.9 KB, 190 views)

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.05, 10:37 AM   #75
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Dude, Junior, youve got to make those pics smaller. You just blew all the text from the thread straight off the page, lol

Nice results none the less.

I put the RR front set up (delrin balls and tall king pins) on my mod 03 and drove it for few turns. It feels great. I dont have any lap data, as we changed the layout after the event this past saturday. Im sure its going to make for more consistant running.

I put the delrin balls on my hacked 70t pan 03, and it got even better! I cant wait til we have another event!!

LET's Go Racing!