Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.10.04, 12:53 AM   #61
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrake Ifry
so can you guys give me an idea what to expect if i race this saturday coming up in the enduro...since first of all i just started racing and second of all never raced or heard of an enduro...
For an Enduro, you want to keep lots of batteries charged before the race so you dont have to charge during the race. When you pit in, the batteries you remove, put them straight in the charger so you get a set charging right away because we may be running 2 races.

Pit strategy comes into play. You can run fast, and hard, and pit more often... Or you can run conservative and pit less. I am going to run conservative. I not going to run the fastest motors I have, since faster motor, less runtime, more time in the pits... I am probably going to stick with a Speedy BB with either an 8t or 9t depending how much acceleration is needed. If its an oval, then I would probably run 9t. If it is the same course we have been running, I would run 8t eventhough I have been running a 9t currently. I would also not run a Neo motor, since they

Every time you crash, hard acceleration will kill battery life, only use as much acceleration is necessary to get you to the speed you go. Coast the turns with about half throttle, then increase smoothly to full as you go down the straight. Try not to crash, and use batteries that have decent runtime.

For oval, you may want to run slightly harder tires (at least in front). You dont want your steering to be very sensitive, as harder turns will scrub more speed. Set the steering rate less on the TX as well. Oval you want to get the car to run as efficiently as you can, so save on speed. Lighter bodies will be on the track a little longer. Your GTC should do well Enzo should also do decently, since it is a wide stable body. Mike is going to strip my green/silver Enzo so I can prep it for paint. He should be back in 2 weeks from a trip to Europe. I may switch me MR02 MM to the McLaren to save some weight and reduce the size on the track. Smaller cars avoid more accidents.

If some parts that I have ordered come in, I may have a 90mm setup going. Which I can run either the Porsche GT3, RX7 (FC) which I may pick up from Al if I can get the chassis setup in time. I ordered an MR015 chassis set that I am going to transplant an 01 or an Overland board into.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.04, 08:06 AM   #62
Ibrake Ifry

I heard al say something about having partners...how would that work...and how many sets of batteries should I charge? wow...a circle track huh...the fastest motors will definately stand out! This is going to be like nascar! yes! how many people are going to be running at the same time?
Ibrake Ifry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.04, 10:22 AM   #63
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
Mike is going to strip my green/silver Enzo so I can prep it for paint.
The body is already in destain - should be ready tonight
BTW, it was a blank or yellow plastic originally?
Old 2005.10.04, 11:42 AM   #64
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
The body is already in destain - should be ready tonight
BTW, it was a blank or yellow plastic originally?
Yellow thanks Mike

If we have partners, then faster motors will be more important... since pit strategy will almost be thrown out the window... since as soon as one teammate gets off the track, the next one gets on. So more time spent in the pits wont lose laps. I would prefer without teams... but it all depends who shows.
Old 2005.10.04, 03:30 PM   #65
Ibrake Ifry

wow this enduro sounds like a lot of fun!!! Eugene, you got me so hooked on mini-z racing thanks man! I figured out another reason why my car was unstable at top speed! the spot where you attach the h-plate on the chassis was really loose, in fact, the h plate could wiggle from left to right about a few millimeters...now to really shock all you guys out there...i switched from the kyosho chassis to the iwaver chassis and the h-plate fit snug enough to not let the h-plate wiggle! Isn't that shocking!
Ibrake Ifry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.04, 03:56 PM   #66
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Send a message via AIM to Lionblade Send a message via MSN to Lionblade
I wonder how he'll pair us off if there's a lot...I wasn't at the last team Enduro.

Hopefully he won't make pairs like Willie with Roland...we'd all be doomed.
Lionblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.04, 06:42 PM   #67
EMU
EMUracing

Finally got around to getting the pics of the Vette

You can notice that I have installed a set of Alloy Enzo Wheels

Have a few more in my gallery http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album733
Old 2005.10.04, 06:48 PM   #68
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Send a message via AIM to Lionblade Send a message via MSN to Lionblade
I thought he was running the silver Vette for modified?

And I looked at the other parts of your gallery...you've got pictures of that Enzo body I had a part in...ahem..."destroying" before the paint was allegedly destroyed.

Some of the paint lost on the top of the body was from Marcos's roll over the Enzo last week...I think I was using that Enzo at the time. I hit the wall coming around to the front section of the track and spun sideways...Marcos hit his brake and rolled over me and proceeded to continue to do so...off the track. XD
Lionblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.04, 11:48 PM   #69
michvin

Enzo is stripped!
Couple of pictures of "work" during process.
BTW, i never saw anything as good as kyosho's paint...
Why you'd like to repaint this body? it even still has horses!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3210.jpg (27.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3211.jpg (22.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3215.jpg (17.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3217.jpg (19.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3219.jpg (14.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 2005.10.04, 11:49 PM   #70
michvin

2 pictures more - 5 attachements maximum:
So, EMU, you can call me any time to pick up the body...
Another thing - i'll forget later - the wing.
It's absolutely parallel to the ground, meaning it does nothing handlingwise, unless the desired effect is just to add weight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3220.jpg (18.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3221.jpg (14.8 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by michvin; 2005.10.05 at 12:18 AM.
michvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.05, 12:47 AM   #71
EMU
EMUracing

Thank you so much looks great. I should be able to swing by tomorrow, ill call you.
Quote:
Why you'd like to repaint this body? it even still has horses!
I already have a yellow... Might as well change it up a little. I think I may get a different color for the next point series... And besides, the paint
Quote:
Another thing - i'll forget later - the wing.
It's absolutely parallel to the ground, meaning it does nothing handlingwise, unless the desired effect is just to add weight.
That is basically all that it would do at this scale anyway. Maybe if it was modified it would need to be repositioned a little to actually give some downforce. But for now its just weight and drag.
Old 2005.10.05, 12:58 AM   #72
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

Hey guys I am in Hong KOng right now and they have the AD KO module and AD board here for MiniZ, do you think I should get them? HOw much is a fair price? I couldn't find any info about it. There will be a club race here on Oct 8 and I wish I have my car and tools here. THere are plenty of stuffs here for MiniZ
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.05, 01:09 AM   #73
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiTam
Hey guys I am in Hong KOng right now and they have the AD KO module and AD board here for MiniZ, do you think I should get them? HOw much is a fair price? I couldn't find any info about it. There will be a club race here on Oct 8 and I wish I have my car and tools here. THere are plenty of stuffs here for MiniZ
RC Mart has the ADband boards with module for either the Helios or Mars going for $110 before shipping.
Helios: http://www.******.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=12700
Mars: http://www.******.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=12699
(put RC MART without spaces where the ****** is in the URL)

It is a much better ESC, but... the KO Propo timing system used at Action RC is AM 27mhz based. So it will not detect the laps.

It has much faster response than the 27mhz AM system currently used is.
Old 2005.10.05, 10:55 AM   #74
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Send a message via ICQ to pchan0 Send a message via MSN to pchan0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
Thank you so much looks great. I should be able to swing by tomorrow, ill call you.

I already have a yellow... Might as well change it up a little. I think I may get a different color for the next point series... And besides, the paint

That is basically all that it would do at this scale anyway. Maybe if it was modified it would need to be repositioned a little to actually give some downforce. But for now its just weight and drag.
How about a flame scheme?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Enzo front'.JPG (116.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 2005.10.05, 11:25 AM   #75
michvin

ANOTHER flames?