Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Parts and Hop-ups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2007.05.17, 07:41 AM   #1
Kel

TGR Sinister Chassis and TGR Sinister Pro Chassis

Not sure if you have seen this but check it out!

TGR Sinister
TGR Sinister
********** Product ID: 13540
The TGR Sinister is simply the best 1/24-1/28th scale designed to this day. After 2 years of Research and Development, countless prototypes and gallons of Caffeine, the TGR Sinister is finally here! The Sinister will change the Mini Race scene as we know it, being the first "Mainstream", mass produced 1/24-1/28th racing chassis

Lowest CG Possible
The number one design target on the Sinister was to achieve the lowest possible attainable center of gravity. Today's mini cars are run on super smooth and super high bite on-road tracks, which increase the need for a car with a Super Low Center of Gravity. This was achieved on the Sinister by lowering the batteries, motor position on the rear pod and servo.

Centrally Placed Weight
The Sinister's design not only brings the weight of the car down lower, but also centers it towards the back of the car. Having the weight bias of the car towards the rear axle like this creates better acceleration, mid corner traction and transitional stability. The centrally placed battery pack and motor create a very balanced car.

Light Weight Design
The materials and design of the parts used in the Sinister make the car really lightweight. All Unnecessary parts and material are removed from the chassis and aluminum pieces without affecting the durability of the car.

Use of Standard Bodies
The TGR Sinister accepts all Kyosho 98mm (Mid Motor design) Autoscale bodies. It can also take Pan Car-Style Bodies such as the PN Racing Racing Pan Car Body and Atomic VDS 1 and VDS2 (which are the ones we recommend running).

Standard Electronics
Even though you can install a Standard Mini-Z PCB with small modification, one of the beautiful features of the Sinister is the ability to use standard, high grade electronics. The use of high grade electronics gives you more frequency ranges (27mhz, 40mhz, 75 mhz, 2.4ghz, etc), better power modulation by using higher grade Electronic Speed Controllers (such as the Novak Spy and TGR Spinner), which translate into less glitching and longer runtimes with more punch.

Ease of Adjustability
The TGR is highly adjustable and can be done very easily. In the front end you can change camber and caster by just changing the front suspension upper plate (takes just 2 screws) and affect the behavior of your car radically. In the rear end you can adjust the stiffness, droop and roll characteristics without changing any parts. Due to the many different mounting options, the behavior of the car can be altered drastically by simply changing a screw location or adding a washer under or above the suspension plates.

High Quality Materials
The TGR Sinister is manufactured of high quality Carbon Fiber, 6000 series Aluminum Alloy and Stainless Spring Steel. All chassis parts are CNC machined from high quality carbon fiber plates which yield a high grade of durability and strength. All aluminum pieces are precision laser-cut and finished in beautiful red anodization.

Includes:
Chassis
20 degree slick tires
Ball differential
Aluminum front knuckles
Ball bearings
Instruction book
Decal Sheet
Requires:
Wheels
Micro Servo
Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
Receiver
Body
Battery
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13540.jpg (76.9 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg 13540L2.jpg (81.1 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg 13540L3.jpg (71.3 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg 13540L4.jpg (68.5 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by arch2b; 2007.05.17 at 06:25 PM.
Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.17, 08:11 AM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
can you cut/paste the info? attach the images? i'll emial robert asking for permission

update.... i asked and got permission to post thier information and use the images for this product.

Last edited by arch2b; 2007.05.17 at 10:02 AM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.17, 05:08 PM   #3
Kel

edited to include infoarmation for the pro kit with permission

Oh sorry, you can refer to them as atomic mods or AM, and look at thier site for all the specs. Here is a pic of it and it looks like the coolest thing ever! So many ways to set it up and adjust it.

TGR Sinister Pro
TGR Sinister Pro
********** Product ID: 13541
The TGR Sinister is simply the best 1/24-1/28th scale designed to this day. After 2 years of Research and Development, countless prototypes and gallons of Caffeine, the TGR Sinister is finally here! The Sinister will change the Mini Race scene as we know it, being the first "Mainstream", mass produced 1/24-1/28th racing chassis

Lowest CG Possible
The number one design target on the Sinister was to achieve the lowest possible attainable center of gravity. Today's mini cars are run on super smooth and super high bite on-road tracks, which increase the need for a car with a Super Low Center of Gravity. This was achieved on the Sinister by lowering the batteries, motor position on the rear pod and servo.

Centrally Placed Weight
The Sinister's design not only brings the weight of the car down lower, but also centers it towards the back of the car. Having the weight bias of the car towards the rear axle like this creates better acceleration, mid corner traction and transitional stability. The centrally placed battery pack and motor create a very balanced car.

Light Weight Design
The materials and design of the parts used in the Sinister make the car really lightweight. All Unnecessary parts and material are removed from the chassis and aluminum pieces without affecting the durability of the car.

Use of Standard Bodies
The TGR Sinister accepts all Kyosho 98mm (Mid Motor design) Autoscale bodies. It can also take Pan Car-Style Bodies such as the PN Racing Racing Pan Car Body and Atomic VDS 1 and VDS2 (which are the ones we recommend running).

Standard Electronics
Even though you can install a Standard Mini-Z PCB with small modification, one of the beautiful features of the Sinister is the ability to use standard, high grade electronics. The use of high grade electronics gives you more frequency ranges (27mhz, 40mhz, 75 mhz, 2.4ghz, etc), better power modulation by using higher grade Electronic Speed Controllers (such as the Novak Spy and TGR Spinner), which translate into less glitching and longer runtimes with more punch.

Ease of Adjustability
The TGR is highly adjustable and can be done very easily. In the front end you can change camber and caster by just changing the front suspension upper plate (takes just 2 screws) and affect the behavior of your car radically. In the rear end you can adjust the stiffness, droop and roll characteristics without changing any parts. Due to the many different mounting options, the behavior of the car can be altered drastically by simply changing a screw location or adding a washer under or above the suspension plates.

High Quality Materials
The TGR Sinister is manufactured of high quality Carbon Fiber, 6000 series Aluminum Alloy and Stainless Spring Steel. All chassis parts are CNC machined from high quality carbon fiber plates which yield a high grade of durability and strength. All aluminum pieces are precision laser-cut and finished in beautiful red anodization.

Includes:
Chassis
Spinner ESC
Setup Board
20 degree slick tires
Ball differential
Aluminum front knuckles
Ball bearings
Instruction book
PRO Tips Booklet
Decal Sheet
Requires:
Wheels
Micro Servo
Receiver
Body
Battery

**please do not encourage the circumvention of the filtering. using achronyms or abbreviations is more than adequate as it's a small world at this scale. plus if anyone wants more info they can simply emial thru the forum.

thank you, arch2b**

Last edited by arch2b; 2007.05.28 at 02:04 PM. Reason: TGR Sinister Pro
Old 2007.05.17, 05:57 PM   #4
CristianTabush

The car runs great! I'm about to go run a pack with it
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.17, 06:10 PM   #5
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

It looks really cool and all and well thought out but that rear end makes me wonder...I've never been a big fan of side spring damping units.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.17, 06:29 PM   #6
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
sorry for intruding on your posts kel, i posted all the information available from am on these products with thier permission naturall, thanks cristian
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.18, 12:13 AM   #7
color01

It looks like a very nice piece of kit for sure. My one comment is regarding the body mounting system: it doesn't look like it's even remotely possible to have Mini-Z style side clips on that chassis, so I guess that means all bodies mounted on this chassis get two holes drilled in them in the rear quarter-panel area.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.18, 07:37 AM   #8
Kel

Thanks for putting that on there arch. It looks like the side clips on the body will slide inder that carbon piece on the side, but I'm not sure. Cristian tell us how it runs!
Old 2007.05.18, 03:56 PM   #9
CristianTabush

Yes the chassis does take autoscales with the use of body posts in the rear. It may not be the most practical way, but it really isn't that bad either. Not to mention the fact that you will almost certainly never loose or dislodge the body.

About the suspension, I said the same thing... Until I drove it. Very similar set-up to the Mini-Z F1. I'll tell you the car is very planted at high speeds. I thought it was going to need actual damping, rather than just spring loading and I was wrong. The car is very hooked up, it gets a bit bouncy at high speed, but that was fixed by the addition of a retro fitted mini-z top shock.
Old 2007.05.18, 07:00 PM   #10
eztuner12
Do you want to go fasst??

Post ready set pics of the Sinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Yes the chassis does take autoscales with the use of body posts in the rear. It may not be the most practical way, but it really isn't that bad either. Not to mention the fact that you will almost certainly never loose or dislodge the body.

About the suspension, I said the same thing... Until I drove it. Very similar set-up to the Mini-Z F1. I'll tell you the car is very planted at high speeds. I thought it was going to need actual damping, rather than just spring loading and I was wrong. The car is very hooked up, it gets a bit bouncy at high speed, but that was fixed by the addition of a retro fitted mini-z top shock.
Hi Cristian
It would be nice from you to post some pics of the Sinister chassis ready set with; Tires, electronic and batteries installed, so we can appreciate it in full.
Thx
eztuner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.19, 11:43 AM   #11
batamrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eztuner12
Hi Cristian
It would be nice from you to post some pics of the Sinister chassis ready set with; Tires, electronic and batteries installed, so we can appreciate it in full.
Thx
hi,
found this pic, the TGR with lexan body,
cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lexan tgr.jpg (41.9 KB, 238 views)
batamrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.19, 01:00 PM   #12
eztuner12
Do you want to go fasst??

Full article and pics of the Sinister and its electrinics

Quote:
Originally Posted by batamrc
hi,
found this pic, the TGR with lexan body,
cheers
To those that are interested in seeing a full article about the Sinister and a comparison with the Mini-z Racer, go to;
http://www.minizz.com/article737.html
They have all the pics you need to see and learn all about this chassis, From top to bottom, side to side and its electronics installation as well.
eztuner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.21, 10:46 AM   #13
CristianTabush

Photos are a bit sloppy, I will post better ones later one.
Old 2007.05.22, 10:21 AM   #14
Davey G
Need a mini z Painted????

Send a message via MSN to Davey G
Any idea what lexan body was used in that aricle posted above??
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.24, 01:14 PM   #15
CristianTabush

The Lexan Body is one that is being developed by TGR currently.