Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2020.09.03, 05:07 PM   #1
Akina Speedstar

Nissan Skyline R34 GTR RWD Drift Car

Hi all,
I decided to make my own RWD drift car with my 3D printer and some left over parts with so much time on my hands. LOL The chassis and parts were all designed in Fusion 360. The design is HEAVILY taken from the Indonesia BRP and the Atomic DRZ. Since this was my first shell, it's taken quite some abuse and so it was missing its front bumper. I CADed that up in Fusion 360 as well and 3D printed it. The spoiler is a custom GT - style wing. The TE37s are also custom 3D printed which can be found on Thingiverse (along with, Work Meister S1, Work Emotion T7R, and Spoon SW388 wheels).
I decided to go for a somewhat Yashio Factory S15 livery (shoutout to Oka-chan)! Unfortunately, I didn't have Tamiya TS paint to give the glossy look, but Tamiya PS still gets the job done well. The stickers are also completely DIY. I printed the logos on paper using a laser jet printer and transferred the ink to clear packaging tape.
It has an Onisiki Gyro, XPower Brushless ESC, Ko Propo ASF 3Channel Receiver, Atomic Metal Gear Servo, and 6000KV brushless motor. It runs on 300mAh 2s LiPo battery.

[If no images pop up, head over to my gallery]

Thanks and stay safe everyone!

Last edited by Akina Speedstar; 2020.09.03 at 06:06 PM.
Akina Speedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.09.03, 05:26 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Awesome to see the home brew parts and the decals! given the nature of the stripes, you did a great job.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.09.03, 07:25 PM   #3
TPDazzle

I agree! Nice work. Nice job also with the steep steering angle for a true 2wd drift car. I'd like to mess around with one some day. . .
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.09.04, 04:06 AM   #4
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Nice work! Fusion 360 isn't always intuitive, I have difficulties at times especially because I start/ stop/ continue many of my projects and need to relearn how to think the development of the parts through as I pick it up again after months away.

Keep developing the ideas, and test with the home printer. When you want a more final version you can have it printed at shapeways with about 2 week turnaround.