Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.01.07, 08:58 PM   #1
Dudemeister

WTB: dummy chassis

NAME : Chris Pirvan
DESCRIPTION : Dummy chassis

Looking for 4 or 5 dummy chassis with or without wheels. If no wheels, they should at least have the axles.

Display case would be a plus but is not required.

Let me know what you have and how much you're asking for it/them shipped.

Thanks
Old 2009.01.07, 10:16 PM   #2
atallfunguy
Type less Drive More

I have the Chassis, display case, rims, tires, everything,

Your price 0

Just pick it up at ILR or I can give it to one of the guys that come to race from SF on Sat.

Do you know Romel or Hernandez ??

Paul
atallfunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.07, 10:25 PM   #3
Dudemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by atallfunguy View Post
I have the Chassis, display case, rims, tires, everything,

Your price 0

Just pick it up at ILR or I can give it to one of the guys that come to race from SF on Sat.

Do you know Romel or Hernandez ??

Paul
Thank you Paul,

I appreciate the offer, and I'm sure that we will be able to work something out. Yes I do know Romel and Jonathan, so if you can send it with them, that would be great.

On the other hand, if you want to check out the bodies first hand, I'm planning on being there around 2-3 PM.

Chris.
Old 2009.02.03, 02:36 AM   #4
Dudemeister

Still looking

I'm still looking for some dummy chassis.

The previous offer did not come through, so if anyone has some dummy chassis for sale, let me know your asking price. You can post here or send PM.

My custom Ferrari F430's are looking for some "undergarments".

Thanks
Old 2009.02.03, 11:47 AM   #5
jude26

I've got one. I don't know, how about $10 shipped? Comes with axles, no wheels or tires.
MR-03 VE
MA-010
jude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.03, 12:12 PM   #6
mini-z
Administrator

We've got dozens of dummy chassis, cases, and tires - we plan on adding them in a new part-out section of the shop - what do people think w/b a fair price?
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.03, 12:32 PM   #7
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z View Post
We've got dozens of dummy chassis, cases, and tires - we plan on adding them in a new part-out section of the shop - what do people think w/b a fair price?
Body is 20$, rims are 5$, 40 tires could be 5-10$, the case prolly $10 by itself, so dummy could be $5 since it serves the least purose out of the whole AS set.
Old 2009.02.03, 02:06 PM   #8
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Don't forget to include the dumby chassis wheel nut's. Those are the little black nub's that you pop off when you remove the wheels from the axles. The dumby chassis is incomplete without those as they are vital to keeping the wheels on. I've never tried it, but I dont' know if the alloy wheel lock's will work on the dumby axles. I would say $2 dollars for a full set of four of those wheel lock's.
Oh yea, let's not forget that plastic peice that holds the dumby chassis onto the display base!
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.03, 08:30 PM   #9
Dudemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z View Post
I think a fair price for the a display case with a dummy chassis is about $10.

Especially if you consider that some of these have already been paid for, I assume that these parts are left over after the ASC body was used for either customization of a ready set, or sold to racers who bought the bodies strictly for racing not collecting. So the remaining parts (dummy chassis, wheels and display case), have already been paid for, so whatever they bring on the open market is pure profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Body is 20$, rims are 5$, 40 tires could be 5-10$, the case prolly $10 by itself, so dummy could be $5 since it serves the least purose out of the whole AS set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Don't forget to include the dumby chassis wheel nut's.... I would say $2 dollars for a full set of four of those wheel lock's.
Oh yea, let's not forget that plastic peice that holds the dumby chassis onto the display base!
Seriously, have you guys really thought this through? This stuff that is considered "trowaway" (since the really important part is the ASC body), at the prices you guys have set, it would cost $27. For 3 dollars more I can buy a complete ASC gloss coat, keep the dummy chassis and the case and either sell the ASC body, race it into the ground, or simply throw it away. I think you guys need to step back and reconsider what you THINK you'd be willing to pay for it, because you KNOW that if it when it comes down to it you won't pay it.

So, now that we are talking prices, and this is the thread I started after all, I am willing to pay $5.00 for a dummy chassis with axles and wheels, and $10 for a complete set.

If Tiny RC is indeed considering selling this stuff, at these prices I would buy a few pieces (5 to start with)
Old 2009.02.03, 09:01 PM   #10
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Both of us said it should cost about $5 and you just said you WOULD pay $5 for it, so whats the problem?
Old 2009.02.03, 09:07 PM   #11
briankstan

$5 for the case and dummy chassis is a good price. more that that, it's not worth it.
Old 2009.02.03, 09:16 PM   #12
jude26

I guess it comes down to how bad you want/need it. You might be willing to only pay $5 at the most for it and by all means thats your choice. For me personally, for $5 its not worth packing up, cost of a padded envelope, postage and the hassle of going to the post office.
jude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.03, 09:23 PM   #13
Dudemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Both of us said it should cost about $5 and you just said you WOULD pay $5 for it, so whats the problem?
Actually, by your account, the rims were $5, the chassis was $5, the case was $10, and the tires were $5 to 10, that's $25. Marc then added $2 for the little wheel nuts, for a total $27.

That is the number I have a problem with. Yes, the dummy chassis with wheels, axles and lock nuts is worth $5, the display case is worth another $5.
Old 2009.02.03, 09:27 PM   #14
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
where is the sense of community? i gave most if not all of mine away for the cost of shipping.

sure it takes some effort to find a free usps box, sit in front of the computer to print a shipping label and make the trip to the mail box to leave it there for the postman to pick up.

are you guys really that lazy that you can't take maybe 10 minutes out of your day to help another mini-z member?

i honestly have to say i'm disappointed by some of the responses here. i thought we as a community here were made of better stuff than opportunistic profit driven scalpers.

send me an email thru the forum. i will personally give you a dummy chassis from one of my shelf autoscales. all for the simple cost of basic usps priority shipping and a couple minutes of my time.

Last edited by arch2b; 2009.02.03 at 09:33 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.03, 09:30 PM   #15
Dudemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude26 View Post
I guess it comes down to how bad you want/need it. You might be willing to only pay $5 at the most for it and by all means thats your choice. For me personally, for $5 its not worth packing up, cost of a padded envelope, postage and the hassle of going to the post office.
I agree with you, going through that is a hassle, unless you have more than one to sell.

If you had 4 or 5 to sell, and someone was willing to pay, let's say, $25-30 for all of them shipped, then you probably would do it, because the cost to put them in a Priority Mail box and ship them accross the country would be about $5. So you would net $20-25 on something that to you may not be worth anything.

Just a thought....