Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.04.25, 08:38 PM   #1
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

For Sale: ****** Discharge Tray (AA & AAA) + Power Supply

I am selling my Indi Booster3 Discharge tray because I found a charger that also discharges. Specs are here:
http://******.automated-shops.com/cg...14106080629.54

It's only a couple of months old and I will include a 12V power supply. I rigged up a wall plug so you don't have to lug a huge power supply around to use the discharge function.

$28 shipped. Priority Mail.

I can post actual pics if anyone is interested, but it looks pretty much like the one in the link.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.25, 10:02 PM   #2
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
I am selling my Indi Booster3 Discharge tray because I found a charger that also discharges. Specs are here:

It's only a couple of months old and I will include a 12V power supply. I rigged up a wall plug so you don't have to lug a huge power supply around to use the discharge function.

I can post actual pics if anyone is interested, but it looks pretty much like the one in the link.

Sorry, I didn't realize that i n t e g y was a banned word.

Here's an updated link, remove the spaces

http://i n t e g y.automated-shops.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=1421&p_catid=24&sid=4wSJJh1U QEvF3WH-14106080629.54
Old 2006.04.26, 07:08 PM   #3
Dog boy Dave

Hey Spoon,
Please excuse my ignorance but what does one do with a unit like this?
I expect that you use it to set a base line before you charge? Could you explain the advantage? I am new to hobby and little support is available here in FL so this board is only resource that i have to learn.
Thanks for your time
Dave

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't realize that i n t e g y was a banned word.

Here's an updated link, remove the spaces

http://i n t e g y.automated-shops.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=1421&p_catid=24&sid=4wSJJh1U QEvF3WH-14106080629.54

Dog boy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.26, 07:56 PM   #4
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog boy Dave
Hey Spoon,
Please excuse my ignorance but what does one do with a unit like this?
I expect that you use it to set a base line before you charge? Could you explain the advantage? I am new to hobby and little support is available here in FL so this board is only resource that i have to learn.
Thanks for your time
Dave

Basically it's a battery tray that will allow you to discharge your batteries (to a safe level) and then charge them using some sort of peak charger. I use a SuperBrain 959 which is intended for battery packs. Here is a basic example of a typical battery pack.

You can get by without discharging your batteries but if you only run them down a little bit and the fully charge them you can get somewhat of a memory effect that will diminish the runtime of your batteries. If you discharge them every once in a while you can make sure to eliminate whatever memory effect they may have.

Some people also say that it's good to "train" your batteries at a high discharge rate for best Mini-Z performance. Of course all of this generally shortens the lifespan of the batteries. But we are usually concerned with battery performance more than life.

I hope that gets you started towards an answer. If you have some time to kill and you want to ready many many threads on this you can try searching for "battery discharge" or "discharge rate" or something like that and you will get plenty of stuff to read. Most of what I have found here on the forums seems pretty accurate.
Old 2006.04.27, 12:26 AM   #5
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Are you interested in any trades?

And on a side note, how do you like the MRC 959? I have been thinking of getting one mainly for 1:18 packs... I ordered a MRC 819 on ebay, but dont know if it is a NiCd only version (they re-released it for NiMh/NiCd)... Ill find out in a few days when it comes, but it will not be suitable for 4 cell operation anyway...

I have a DTX Intellipeak Digital Peak charger that I am just waiting on the 12v transformer to test out... But as I am with alot of things in my RC addiction, a couple isnt enough. I want to be able to charge multiple packs at the same time, to reduce downtime. Mainly so I can have a few packs charged up in less than an hour, and take the trucks outside.

Let me know if you would be willing to trade for anything, I have alot of Mini-Z stuff laying around... scratch your head and name a few things, and Ill let you know if I have it in my parts bin, or on a car that I can strip off.

If you have an MA-010, I have Atomic Ti-swingshafts, balldiffs, bearings laying around that I was going to build a new chassis with, although I ran out of cash and cant get another chassis for a while.

Last edited by EMU; 2006.04.27 at 12:32 AM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.27, 10:36 AM   #6
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU

And on a side note, how do you like the MRC 959? I have been thinking of getting one mainly for 1:18 packs... I ordered a MRC 819 on ebay, but dont know if it is a NiCd only version (they re-released it for NiMh/NiCd)... Ill find out in a few days when it comes, but it will not be suitable for 4 cell operation anyway...

I have a DTX Intellipeak Digital Peak charger that I am just waiting on the 12v transformer to test out... But as I am with alot of things in my RC addiction, a couple isnt enough. I want to be able to charge multiple packs at the same time, to reduce downtime. Mainly so I can have a few packs charged up in less than an hour, and take the trucks outside.
I really like the Purple Brain. I have never had any problems with it. I have only really used it to charge 1:10 scale 6 cell packs and of course with the discharge tray. It's been pretty reliable and adjustable. If you can get one for a good price, go for it. The one thing I do is keep a fan blowing on it. It can get warm sometimes...but I will sometimes have 4-5 chargers going at once so I just blow a big fan over everything.

Quote:
Let me know if you would be willing to trade for anything, I have alot of Mini-Z stuff laying around... scratch your head and name a few things, and Ill let you know if I have it in my parts bin, or on a car that I can strip off.

If you have an MA-010, I have Atomic Ti-swingshafts, balldiffs, bearings laying around that I was going to build a new chassis with, although I ran out of cash and cant get another chassis for a while.
As far as trades, it kind of sucks that I just ordered a bunch of that Atomic AWD stuff that you mentioned. I am waiting for the Ti shafts, the Atomic Ball Diffs, AWD stock motor, and a bunch of wheels.

Right now I am trying to put some cash together to potentially get another AWD chassis so I am not quite ready to put it up for trade. If I change my mind and I can think of anything that I really want though I'll let you know.
Old 2006.04.27, 10:52 AM   #7
LouC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU

EMU - how much do you want for the ball diffs?
LouC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.27, 12:06 PM   #8
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouC
EMU - how much do you want for the ball diffs?
About $18 for one, $35 for both (New in package). This would be cheaper than I got them for after including shipping . The Atomic diffs are much better than the TopCad ones that I had initially. I now have a Kyosho one way up front and a TopCad in the rear (too lazy to switch it out for the Atomic)... Magic is using a Atomic in the rear with a TopCad up front. Mainly because the TopCad diffs have a meshing problem in the rear to the driveshaft pinion. The bearing needs to be shimmed to have it mesh correctly without slipping.

Spoon, I completely understand... let me know if there is anything else you would want to trade. If I get the cash to get the booster, ill let you know
Old 2006.04.27, 01:22 PM   #9
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
About $18 for one, $35 for both (New in package). This would be cheaper than I got them for after including shipping . The Atomic diffs are much better than the TopCad ones that I had initially. I now have a Kyosho one way up front and a TopCad in the rear (too lazy to switch it out for the Atomic)... Magic is using a Atomic in the rear with a TopCad up front. Mainly because the TopCad diffs have a meshing problem in the rear to the driveshaft pinion. The bearing needs to be shimmed to have it mesh correctly without slipping.

Spoon, I completely understand... let me know if there is anything else you would want to trade. If I get the cash to get the booster, ill let you know
hmmm atomic ball difs... that make me thinking if i need them (after Lou decides of course) Do you have extra one-way by chance?
Old 2006.04.27, 01:47 PM   #10
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
hmmm atomic ball difs... that make me thinking if i need them (after Lou decides of course) Do you have extra one-way by chance?
I only have the oneway that is installed. Lets not hi-jack this thread... we can keep this to the ARCMS thread.
Old 2006.05.09, 08:08 AM   #11
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU

EMU,

I just thought of some stuff that I am looking for. Basically, I have a new MR02 RM that I am trying to setup. I am not necessarily looking for all of these items but probably some combination of a couple of them.

-Disc damper
-Kyosho Oil Shock
-Atomic ML mount
-PN Racing Motor Mount
-The new 3Racing motor mount

Let me know if you have any of this stuff, maybe we can work something out.
Old 2006.05.22, 10:46 AM   #12
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:

Bump, the discharge tray is still available.
Old 2006.06.16, 12:39 PM   #13
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

The discharge tray is still available, here's a pic. It will charge and discharge AA and AAA batteries. Well, you need a seperate charger to charge the batteries.

I connected it to a wall plug so you don't have to lug around a hefty 12v power supply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DischargeTray.JPG (167.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 2006.06.17, 06:07 AM   #14
rlc77
Hippygeek

Spoon....I sent you an email regarding this. Did you get it?
Old 2006.06.17, 07:42 AM   #15
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlc77
Spoon....I sent you an email regarding this. Did you get it?
Just saw it, it was hiding in my spam folder.