Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs

Old 2004.06.20, 12:33 AM   #1
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

RCP Mini-Tracks have arrived/ Upcoming Shows and Events

All RCP Mini-Tracks are shipping out on Monday the 21st. Most people who preordered will receive their track on Tuesday or Wednesday and the rest should have theirs by the end of the week. The Mini-blanks will go out after the 96's have been shipped. I will put some additional blanks in the newly ordered and preordered kits.

The Mini-40's are available through special request. These tracks will most likely be available for around $82, shipping included to any continental US state.

We are currently finalizing plans for future shows where you can test and see some of our tracks displayed. Please see below for a list of some upcoming shows and what you can expect to see.

1) July 7th - 11th Our tracks will be showcased at the HobbytownUSA National Convention in Lincoln Nebraska. At the show their will be a large track set up for 1/18 scale Mini-T , 1/18 scale Micro RS4 and 1/24 scale Mini-Z racing.

2) October 7th - 10th We have been invited back to Las Vegas for the Hobbyvisions International show at the Venetian. You can see information on the show at www.hobbyvisions.com . At this show we are working on one of our biggest displays to date. We will combine our 2003 Kyosho RCX 30' long suspension bridge track with our 2004 Kyosho RCX off road Mini-Monster track for one spectacular display. We are also working on a RCP/Kyosho Palm Cruiser track for this show as well. We will have a full line of Kyosho cars and trucks for the public and trades to test drive all four days of the show. There is no charge to run on the tracks. We supply all Kyosho cars, F-1's, Overlands and Mini-Monsters. We will also have some 1/18 scale cars set up as well. The RCP Palm Cruiser track should be very exciting. This track will allow the public and trades to test and race for the first time a Kyosho Palm Curiser boat on one of our prototype RCP water race courses. See some picture of our prototype track below. We are currently working with Kyosho Japan on a RCP/Kyosho track for trade show and dealer use overseas. Information on the Kyosho Mini-boat can be found here. http://kyosho.com/boats/kyob1009.html

3) June 19th - Sept 19th We are the official track sponsor of the RadioShack USA XRL tournament starting this weekend and running through to Sept, with the finals shortly after. This tournament has two large road courses set up for the tournament racing activities with some additional smaller RCP tracks set up for public testing. All the tracks and tournament platform stages are transported via two large tractor trailer trucks across the US, stopping in each city of the series. All information on this racing event can be found at www.xmodsrc.com.

4) June - December 2004 Our tracks are being showcased at many of the new Import Night car shows that take the stage in many cities across the country. Our track was recently featured at the Furious Nights show and some pictures can be seen here. http://www.importmadnessonline.com/eventcalendar.html More tracks will be featured in upcoming shows such as Hot Imports Nights in Chicago. We will post some dates and schedules for these new car shows shortly.

5) Ferrari Maserati continues to showcase our tracks at their Ferrari Maserati Racing Days in cities throughout the US and Canada. You can see information and a calendar of events at this link http://ferrarichallenge.com/ and here. http://ferrarichallenge.com/content....enge&year=2004
Click on the RCP Logo and you can see more information on the racing series.
http://ferrarichallenge.com/content....enge&year=2004

6) We are working on displays for other upcoming trade shows in Chicago and Los Angeles and we will provide details and dates soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-423F.JPG (128.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-422F.JPG (126.9 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.06.20 at 02:21 AM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.20, 11:36 AM   #2
TNB
Pet Human

The blanks will be nice! I'll probably see you at the HobbyVisions Show. It's just too bad Ferrari isn't holding an Interactive Challenge here as well since there are available here. Perhaps, that's why I only saw the Lamborginis last night at the Palms. And I'll probably pass on the Shack contest after purchasing and driving an Xmod. BTW, I'm still waiting on the other information.
Old 2004.06.20, 06:45 PM   #3
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

TNB, I have some information regarding your email. I will send it your way later tonight.

Any chance you would like to help out at the Mini-Z tracks at Hobbyvisions 2004? NML usually helps us out with the west coast shows, but it would be great to have some additional Mini-z enthusiasts from the local area help out with the tracks and running demo's for the public and trades.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.06.20 at 06:57 PM.
Old 2004.06.20, 07:17 PM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
where's the east coast love?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.20, 08:06 PM   #5
USATorque55

Send a message via AIM to USATorque55
I'm w/ ya Arch...

NY only gets XRL...ooh a bunch of stock X-Mods that cant turn in a circle at all...Oh and dont forget the asian woman, and flashy music....

Such fun...

I want some Hobby Shows around here or anything involving Mini-Zs...
USATorque55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.20, 09:46 PM   #6
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z
Any chance you would like to help out at the Mini-Z tracks at Hobbyvisions 2004?
Sure I'd love to help and can probably make arrangements to take time off of work during the week. Email me specifics regarding set up dates (Wednesday night?) and pass/early-entrance pick-up information.
Old 2004.06.21, 01:25 PM   #7
Dragon40

#3 XMOD tour

Number 3 has me curious about the Xmods lap counting device. The Xmods have a connector inside the car for a light kit. But if you enter the XRL race, a transponder plugs up in place of where the light kit plugs in. Like, is this something RS will be marketing at a decent price in the near future? A Lap counting system at at affordable price? Then we mod it for mini-z..... hmmmmm.
Dragon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.21, 01:43 PM   #8
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

The sensor cables we installed into the XRL tournament tracks where made by AMBit, so the AMBrc system is being used for this tournament. My guess is RadioShack will continue to use this system for all their future racing events.
Old 2004.06.21, 01:57 PM   #9
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
but will rs make the system available for purchase? hopefully at rs prices?!
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.21, 05:07 PM   #10
fraz

Howdy John,

I don't know if I can make Vegas because I think I have a race the following weekend there and that is a bit of a haul for back to back weekends. If they schedule it for the same weekend as my race out there I would be happy to bring my Z gear too.

I was looking at the other scheduled items and I saw that the Ferrari Challenge comes to the Monterey Historics here in August. Any chance they need help from an "exhibitor"? It is only an hour away from me and I would love to go down and demo driving technique and/or RCP track tips.

PS, I don't drive a Ferrari, though I do drive Italian (Alfa Romeo) so maybe they'd let me hang
Old 2004.06.21, 05:34 PM   #11
TNB
Pet Human

Fraz,

Last year the HPI Challenge World Finals were taking place during the Hobby Visions show, but as far as I know HPI has only set races for July (Texas) and August (New York). Which race are you planning to attend in Las Vegas?

Edit: October 6th-9th, Boulder City, NV "Las Vegas Super Nationals"
http://www.qsac.org/schedules/special

Last edited by TNB; 2004.06.21 at 06:37 PM.
TNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.21, 07:17 PM   #12
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

fraz, if you can make it to Hobbyvisions, let me know and I will have some passes made for you. It would be great to have you and TNB there and demonstrate some of your RC skills on the tracks.

Regarding the Ferrari Challenge, yes it would be great to have you run some cars there. I will be speaking with the people from Ferrari later this weak and I will find out the details for the event and see about getting you some passes.

I am currently working on some pictures of our new RCP additions, that just arrived. I will post them here first thing in the morning.

Fraz, did you have some prototype pieces that you wanted to show me or was that someone else, I don't remember at the moment. I would be interested in seeing them.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.06.21 at 07:22 PM.
Old 2004.06.22, 07:10 AM   #13
cdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z

The Mini-40's are available through special request. These tracks will most likely be available for around $82, shipping included to any continental US state.

I want to special request a Mini-40 I don't have room for a 96 yet. What should I do?
cdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.22, 12:45 PM   #14
Aaronnn
(TITANIUM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeath
I want to special request a Mini-40 I don't have room for a 96 yet. What should I do?
nevermind i edited my reply out..

Last edited by Aaronnn; 2004.06.22 at 12:57 PM.
Aaronnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.23, 01:43 PM   #15
fraz

Darrell, the race I was referring to is not officially on the schedule yet and is the Paris Memorial at the Silverbowl. The name may change because Paris Racing folded this year but hopefully somebody else will sponsor it and still name it after Ron Paris who started it long ago. This race is one of the big 1/8 onroad races I like to get to every year and it is usuallt the 2nd or 3rd weekend in October.

John, I'll see how my schedule goes for Hobbyvisions.

re: the Ferrari Challenge, I would love to hang out and race Mini-Z all weekend and I am 99% sure I am free that weekend too. It's funny that I live so close and have never been to the Historics event. There always seems to be some race I'm at.

re: prototype piece, yep it was me but I have been extremely busy on too many levels to get them drawn up. It is only one modification to a standard corner piece that would make the RCP track super fast and flowing. I have a 2-day 1/8 race this weekend and I need to test my new car and motor before the nationals next month. I'll see if I can get to it by next week.

BTW Mini-Z fans, you heard it here first.... I am now driving Kyosho 1/8 scale Evolva so it's Kyosho all the way!!