Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.02.06, 03:18 AM   #16
imxlr8ed

I know Railyard is trying to get stock of MiniZ stuff but this apparently is an arduous process... not sure why it's so tough, you'd think a company should jump at the chance to sell their product, and get new custmers, and make money, and grow their business, and make money... You know, the thing that companies are supposed to do!

I'll be there Sunday, pretty sure Al will be as well.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.06, 06:35 AM   #17
miniznewb

Yea kyosho seems to be very difficult to deal with especially when it comes to mini-z. Our one hobby shop wont carry any kyosho and when I asked the other one about mini-z they said no even know they carry there 1/10th scale stuff. They said they have to go through a different supplier to get them compared to there bigger products
miniznewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.07, 09:07 AM   #18
Mike Keely

Atomic or PN can set them up with a account where they will still be able to have a mark-up. I know that PN has cars, radios, Kyosho parts as well as PN parts.
Old 2014.02.07, 09:26 AM   #19
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

All of the issues I have seen with getting Kyosho product came from shops trying to order through Horizon. Our shop orders directly from KoA and we get really good service. If the order is large enough shipping is free. The single drawback is that the etailers scoop up product which runs K out of inventory before the retail shops can get it. When we have to get items through the online outfits the mark up they place on product unfortunately has to be added to the retail price to maintain margin. That amount is small but still you have to keep the lights burning.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2014.02.07 at 09:29 AM.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.07, 10:45 AM   #20
imxlr8ed

Thanks guys, I'll get a chance to review with Railyard this weekend what their status is... kinda tough to get new racers when theres no cars on the shelves.

The weather this weekend is only calling for a slow 1"-3". I'm pretty sure the new Honda Accord coupes have that kind of ground clearance.

Guess I better text Dave to pull him out of his online realm of racing.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2014.02.07, 11:18 AM   #21
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
All of the issues I have seen with getting Kyosho product came from shops trying to order through Horizon. Our shop orders directly from KoA and we get really good service. If the order is large enough shipping is free. The single drawback is that the etailers scoop up product which runs K out of inventory before the retail shops can get it. When we have to get items through the online outfits the mark up they place on product unfortunately has to be added to the retail price to maintain margin. That amount is small but still you have to keep the lights burning.
how does this process of going through another authorized retailer affect the warranty status, if at all? does warranty status transfer down the chain? given the price of a mini-z these days, it brings piece of mind knowing it's covered to some extent.

even the hobby works chain we work with, only carries mini-z at our track location, the others refuse.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.07, 01:05 PM   #22
abasualdo

No excuses Larry!
abasualdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.07, 08:23 PM   #23
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Clearance yes. But some of us actually shovel/clear there driveway. Time will tell. If weather dont cooperate, will try again next time.
In all seriousness...hope its a go.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.08, 06:06 AM   #24
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
how does this process of going through another authorized retailer affect the warranty status, if at all? does warranty status transfer down the chain? given the price of a mini-z these days, it brings piece of mind knowing it's covered to some extent.

even the hobby works chain we work with, only carries mini-z at our track location, the others refuse.

Not sure that it does. I do remember though that when we first got access to the 03 line that some of the earlier(me first) purchasers that went overseas to get them and then burned boards by installing aftermarket motors with the larger eyelet connectors did in fact run into some issues with warranty because the product wasn't sourced from the assigned market.

As far as who carries what, I suppose it boils down to supply and demand. Our shop carries metal detectors and jigsaw puzzles but not electric trains or robotics and very few static models yet it provides 30% of it's floor space to a permanent RCP track and a pretty good inventory of Kyosho(read Mini-Z) products as well as a workable supply of aftermarket product from one of the left coast suppliers. It is kind of a "I will build it if you come" sort of concept.

If you have access to a shop that will go out on the ledge to support such a small niche market then you had better reward them for their efforts. I think Tim Johnson said it pretty well when he came up with his credo.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2014.02.08 at 06:19 AM.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.09, 01:23 AM   #25
imxlr8ed

See you all in the morning... forgot to text Dave!

Wonder if he'd mind one at 2:30am?

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2014.02.09, 08:14 AM   #26
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

I'll be there...at least most of it anyway.

Old 2014.02.10, 07:53 AM   #27
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

It was a good tune day. We had a couple people interested in trying the Zs out. I think 2 guys were very interested. Hopefully we can keep this deal going.
Any other interest after i left?

Old 2014.02.10, 08:23 AM   #28
imxlr8ed

Nope... you're the only thing that draws interest in our club.

A few peeps driving my loaners, slowed down when the snow came. Good tuning day like you said but I wish we could've gotten in at least one race. I am very happy that you guys took the time to talk to people, we're an excellent crew of ambassadors for the scale we love. Honestly, that's probably what we should stick with for a while but I am thinking to dedicate at least to hours of the day to strictly getting our runs in. I'll put up a little sign and a box of information flyers next time.

Also sorry to Gordon for leading him into a destructive off-track drag race... the shop is just so big that it had to be done!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2014.02.12, 05:28 PM   #29
racerquinn#1

i will make it next time. hopefully putting my trans am back together....so maybe a little road trip with it!!
"The hard road is the better road" So as it is in my favorite sport of road racing, it is in my life. The best tracks are not the easy ones. Racing victoriously to the finish takes skill and knowledge. Followed by courage and determination. The more you navigate the hard turns the better you get at all of them. Follow good lines laid down before you and trust them. Put on the helmet and strap yourself in. Here we go!

-john webber (FB friend)
racerquinn#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.17, 12:28 PM   #30
imxlr8ed

So, who's covering this Sunday?

I'm going to try to get down Sunday for the morning at least to drop off my loaner cars and controllers. If someone really wants to count laps and they are willing to learn the counter and all of it's mysteries... please let me know ahead of time.

Post or text... should be a good tuning/meet and greet day!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)