Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.09.26, 02:19 PM   #31
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Send a message via AIM to Lionblade Send a message via MSN to Lionblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionblade
@EMU: I have a few packs of IC3's coming, one for you.
Got 'em a day early, I have them in my hand now...okay, so they're on the desk, but I have to type, ya know.

I'll probably break them in today while I work...that is if I'm not tempted by Forza/Burnout 3/Jade Empire.
Lionblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.26, 02:24 PM   #32
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Got 'em a day early, I have them in my hand now...okay, so they're on the desk, but I have to type, ya know.

I'll probably break them in today while I work...that is if I'm not tempted by Forza/Burnout 3/Jade Empire.
Sweet, thanks for the update
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.28, 06:52 AM   #33
Ibrake Ifry

hey guys, its me marcos... I should be there this saturday also with a readyset of my own SO PLEASE be easy on the new body...hehe Oh and btw its a kyosho one of course...
Ibrake Ifry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.28, 08:36 AM   #34
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrake Ifry
its a kyosho one of course...
There are options except kyosho?
Old 2005.09.28, 05:06 PM   #35
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
There are options except kyosho?
Yeah...but not when they go nuts when other cars are near them. *cough*iwaver*cough*

@ Marcos: which readyset? $20 says it's an Enzo. If not, I hope you got an EASILY VISIBLE body. My SLR taught me that...destroyed in about 5 minutes. My best advice is to be careful, though. Since you just got your Z, there's a good chance you'll be in the C...little bit of a rough main. If you got an Enzo, you can always use my red body if you think you'll get beat around, or Eugene's green and silver since that seems to be losing paint for some reason anyway. XD

@Eugene: I charged both new packs and tested them. Now, either my other batteries are slowing down, or these things are rockets. I'm sure you'll like them. I know I will...I just hope Crop doesn't try to block me on the straight like last week...he'll be OWNED.

@Michvin: Eric did really well and won his main last week...but Crop was complaining to me after the race. He said Eric was tanking a bit. I guess he's got a point...I was marshalling that race, and Eric pushed past a little bit...but Al told him twice to watch his reverse into traffic. Now, I personally didn't see him reverse into anyone, so I can't defend his statement, but it may be something you want to advise to Eric, I don't want Crop to get angry as he so often does with me...Which, by the way, I still don't understand. He did well with your McLaren, though. And the paintbrush Marlboro scheme is...original. Hey, can't see the brushstrokes from 15 feet away, right.

And, uh, if any of you guys saw...Eug's green/silver Enzo is quickly becoming yellow, and in the oddest places. The paint chipped next to the base of the spoiler, exactly how did I get hit there? Someone had a higher car I guess...the only one I can think I tangled with a bit was Crop, dunno how high his 575 is.
Old 2005.09.28, 05:11 PM   #36
michvin

Quote:
Yeah...but not when they go nuts when other cars are near them. *cough*iwaver*cough*

@ Marcos: which readyset? $20 says it's an Enzo. If not, I hope you got an EASILY VISIBLE body. My SLR taught me that...destroyed in about 5 minutes. My best advice is to be careful, though. Since you just got your Z, there's a good chance you'll be in the C...little bit of a rough main. If you got an Enzo, you can always use my red body if you think you'll get beat around, or Eugene's green and silver since that seems to be losing paint for some reason anyway. XD

@Eugene: I charged both new packs and tested them. Now, either my other batteries are slowing down, or these things are rockets. I'm sure you'll like them. I know I will...I just hope Crop doesn't try to block me on the straight like last week...he'll be OWNED.

@Michvin: Eric did really well and won his main last week...but Crop was complaining to me after the race. He said Eric was tanking a bit. I guess he's got a point...I was marshalling that race, and Eric pushed past a little bit...but Al told him twice to watch his reverse into traffic. Now, I personally didn't see him reverse into anyone, so I can't defend his statement, but it may be something you want to advise to Eric, I don't want Crop to get angry as he so often does with me...Which, by the way, I still don't understand. He did well with your McLaren, though. And the paintbrush Marlboro scheme is...original. Hey, can't see the brushstrokes from 15 feet away, right.

And, uh, if any of you guys saw...Eug's green/silver Enzo is quickly becoming yellow, and in the oddest places. The paint chipped next to the base of the spoiler, exactly how did I get hit there? Someone had a higher car I guess...the only one I can think I tangled with a bit was Crop, dunno how high his 575 is.

i think crop was seeking for excuse for not winning the race
Al told Eric to watch his backouts, true, but that was during the qualifier, not in finals, so the complaint is not to the point.
Old 2005.09.28, 05:34 PM   #37
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Quote:

i think crop was seeking for excuse for not winning the race
Al told Eric to watch his backouts, true, but that was during the qualifier, not in finals, so the complaint is not to the point.
I had thought so. Like I said, I was marshalling the main and I didn't see him reverse into anyone.

Crop does make a lot of excuses, I guess. I think he hates to be passed...especially by a certain few.

I think he should always be in the B with all the stuff he's done with his car. He just gets a little too emotional.
Old 2005.09.28, 05:42 PM   #38
michvin

Quote:
I had thought so. Like I said, I was marshalling the main and I didn't see him reverse into anyone.

Crop does make a lot of excuses, I guess. I think he hates to be passed...especially by a certain few.

I think he should always be in the B with all the stuff he's done with his car. He just gets a little too emotional.
emotional is typical for this age.
Yeah, it doesn't feel nice at this age to be passed by someone of your age or even younger, especially when you're a veteran on the track and the other kid is second time there
Old 2005.09.28, 05:47 PM   #39
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Quote:
emotional is typical for this age.
Yeah, it doesn't feel nice at this age to be passed by someone of your age or even younger, especially when you're a veteran on the track and the other kid is second time there
I guess. I like when Eric passes me in practice, it's fun to try to get around him, he happens to run most of my normal line.

Even if Crop doesn't have much experience with him, it's not really a good excuse. I've been a vet much longer than him, and it was great when Eric jumped on the track with me the first time a couple weeks ago. We seem to run well together all of the time...

I don't think age should really be an excuse. If you ever see him, there's a little kid named Robbie that comes to the track sometimes. He gets frustrated, but a lot less than Crop. He's 6...AND he's a lefty.
Old 2005.09.28, 06:47 PM   #40
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
my son is 5 and he is getting better about being conscious about traffic. he rarely complains about being passed but more about beeing hit while reversing into oncoming traffic.

if you find yourself getting all worked up, possibly you not in the right hobby it's supossed to be fun, not frustration. win or loose.... i do more loosing than winning and i host events
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.28, 11:03 PM   #41
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
my son is 5 and he is getting better about being conscious about traffic. he rarely complains about being passed but more about beeing hit while reversing into oncoming traffic.

if you find yourself getting all worked up, possibly you not in the right hobby it's supossed to be fun, not frustration. win or loose.... i do more loosing than winning and i host events
It wasn't all that bad at the track..
My son (he's 12) really did couple of dangerous backouts... but race organizer and myself talked to him and in the main he did nothing like that. And, to be honest, he won not because he drove as a tank, he was just plain better...
As unbiased observation as it could be - i'm his father after all
Old 2005.09.29, 12:45 AM   #42
EMU
EMUracing

Marcos has the 360 GTC. He will be using the front end parts from the Iwaver (PN Kingpins, Atomic Knuckles) with the PN ML Motormount, and I am not sure if he got a rear damper for it yet.

The Enzo had the gloss coat when it was painted, and the paint doesnt stick well to the gloss coat. If it was primered that would have solved the issue. I think I may run the green/silver this weekend.

Vin, thanks for the batts
Old 2005.09.29, 01:18 AM   #43
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
Marcos has the 360 GTC. He will be using the front end parts from the Iwaver (PN Kingpins, Atomic Knuckles) with the PN ML Motormount, and I am not sure if he got a rear damper for it yet.

The Enzo had the gloss coat when it was painted, and the paint doesnt stick well to the gloss coat. If it was primered that would have solved the issue. I think I may run the green/silver this weekend.

Next time before u paint:
Either talk to me
OR
take the oven cleaner (the harsh one)
put the body in the closable container and spray the cleaner all over.
leave overnight
old toothbrush will remove all the paint easily, leaving nice white body
Oh, windows.... they'll become matt. But since u never noticed that on my enzo body, it'll be fine
Old 2005.09.29, 02:54 AM   #44
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Next time before u paint:
Either talk to me
OR
take the oven cleaner (the harsh one)
put the body in the closable container and spray the cleaner all over.
leave overnight
old toothbrush will remove all the paint easily, leaving nice white body
Oh, windows.... they'll become matt. But since u never noticed that on my enzo body, it'll be fine
I know how to paint, just didnt want to take the time.
Old 2005.09.29, 02:34 PM   #45
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU

The yellow 360 GTC, right? Dunno if Kyosho released a red one.

If you use the now camo Enzo, I'll just use the bumblebee Enzo. Doesn't make a difference to me, as long as I don't have to use MY enzo..

I don't have enough for a new ASC anymore, so I'm notr sure what's happening with that situation. I might not even get another Enzo...the Ford GT is looking good, especially since nobody has one around here. Christmas is too far away.

Maybe after this points series I can convice the old man to chalk up another $36 for a body.