Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2012.01.16, 02:17 AM   #31
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

The Earnhardt, Wheldon, and McLaren tracks are officially updated on the ISRL site (March, April, and May tracks):
http://www.mini-az.com/isrl.html
These were adjusted to address some of the clubs' space limitations. Wheldon and McLaren are simply mirrored from their original layout, Earnhardt had to be reshaped some.

That is the last of the anticipated changes. Whew!
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.19, 07:46 AM   #32
Foggy Style

I see that the rules are clear on most points and a little grey in others . If there is any worries on what is allowed or if a track is set out properly,we should encourage all clubs to video all finals .
This will show if the right amount of tiles and bumps are used and if a shell is legal and 70t motor can be shown and laps achieved this proves no solo runs as well. It worked well with Dnano's.
Also if a racer attends another club as a guest and puts in a race time,can i confirm that timemust be submitted for that month,as we only get one timed final?

Last edited by Foggy Style; 2012.01.19 at 07:50 AM.
Foggy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.19, 05:43 PM   #33
racerquinn#1

i can film our final with my phone
"The hard road is the better road" So as it is in my favorite sport of road racing, it is in my life. The best tracks are not the easy ones. Racing victoriously to the finish takes skill and knowledge. Followed by courage and determination. The more you navigate the hard turns the better you get at all of them. Follow good lines laid down before you and trust them. Put on the helmet and strap yourself in. Here we go!

-john webber (FB friend)
racerquinn#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.20, 04:49 AM   #34
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

I don't think we need to go to the extent of recording races. Frankly I'm not going to watch 96min of video to verify everyone. However you can post video if you like. Show what your club does and attract more drivers!

While our hope is for spirited competition in the ISRL, there is no big money on the line and we're doing this for fun, so we're trusting that drivers have read and understand the regulations, and Stewards oversee their clubs to make sure nothing is missed. The OLPS history has been one of honest racers giving it their honest best and we're confident that we will see that same caliber of sportsmanship in the ISRL.

Good luck in the January races everyone!

Foggy- Well, there are two ways you could approach this unusual circumstance:
1- Drive as a non-scoring filler car with the visited club, and run your official scoring race with your own club.
2- Drive your official scoring race at the visited club, but your score would be reported with your own club (necessary for the way we calculate scores).
IMPORTANT: The key here is you must choose what you're doing before you race. You can't run a race and later decide to make it filler or official, you must call it BEFORE you race. Once its official, its done and may not be re-run.
Old 2012.01.23, 02:52 PM   #35
imxlr8ed

A few questions... sorry to be a pain.

The tires for F1... can racers use cut and combined tires? Like some who run the F1 outer portion and run a regular radial on the inside of that. Or are we limited to strictly running the Kyosho, full F1 tires?

If I had an LM body that was cut out to run it in a 98mm wheelbase, can I still use it to run it once again as a 102mm? Reason I ask is because I know it's pretty much an open body format for LMP so I don't think there will be any advantage to running an Autoscale with hacked up wheel wells, plus... due to the fact that I am waiting for my 962 to explode the front end on the first real crash (even though I reinforced it), I would like to be able to swap to my Mazda LM if that happens.

Going to test my counter out tonight to see if I can start a multiple car, 70 lap race on the same go. I never tried it like that before.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.24, 05:33 AM   #36
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

And here I though I'd thought of everything.

FMWC Tyres -----
At this late stage I don't want to monkey with the regs, so I'll say we stick to the wording as-is.
e.8. Any rubber tyre.
e.9. The front traction patch may be no wider than 13.5mm. The rear traction patch may be no wider than 15.5mm.

If the tyres are within those parameters, however they got there, they're good. However to keep more in the 'spirit' of F1 I may change this to specifically F1 tyres next season.

80MdM Bodies -----
LMP Class
e.6. Body must fit the required wheel base without excessive modification such as grinding out new wheel wells.

The point of this reg was to prevent someone from putting a tiny body onto a 102mm chassis to get an advantage. The LMP's should be large vehicles befitting their namesake. So it should be fine to use a shell that would have fit the LM's without grinding. As long as you don't need to modify the wheel wells to fit the LMP, that would be ok. (So no Mini Coopers on the 102mm chassis).

Obviously we'll examine how the shell regs work out over this season and refine as necessary next season.

Don't forget the FMWC has been changed to an 8min race to address that scoring quirk you figured out, so its no longer a 70 lap race. It works just like OLPS now.

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2012.01.24 at 05:36 AM.
Old 2012.01.24, 10:22 AM   #37
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Weasle View Post

Don't forget the FMWC has been changed to an 8min race to address that scoring quirk you figured out, so its no longer a 70 lap race. It works just like OLPS now.
Oh yeah... wow, guess I was still obsessing about it for some dumb reason. I guess we're ready to go then this Sunday!

Thanks again!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2012.01.25, 08:58 PM   #38
racerquinn#1

will see you guys there!!!!! need any help setting up the track ed on sunday
"The hard road is the better road" So as it is in my favorite sport of road racing, it is in my life. The best tracks are not the easy ones. Racing victoriously to the finish takes skill and knowledge. Followed by courage and determination. The more you navigate the hard turns the better you get at all of them. Follow good lines laid down before you and trust them. Put on the helmet and strap yourself in. Here we go!

-john webber (FB friend)
Old 2012.01.26, 08:52 AM   #39
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerquinn#1 View Post
will see you guys there!!!!! need any help setting up the track ed on sunday
Gotta teach you some thread etiquette.

PM sent.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2012.01.30, 12:24 PM   #40
imxlr8ed

Is the 150 minimum weight correct for LMP? We all had to add alot of lead to our cars yesterday to make the weights. Maybe I read the document wrong?

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2012.01.30, 02:44 PM   #41
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

I hope we read it wrong. Added a ton of weight!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.30, 04:55 PM   #42
racerquinn#1

yes alot of weight was added for our cars. i have a picture to prove!?

-john webber (FB friend)
Old 2012.01.31, 05:19 AM   #43
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

That is correct. LMP >=150g, GTS >=125g. The idea is to give the GTS's a fighting chance against the LMP's. Remember both classes are competing for overall position in the points. The LMP's can be made from anything, including Lexan. This frees them up to add weight wherever you want for best handling, and then use the strongest motor you want to overcome the weight. The GTS are required to use polystyrene bodies and limited motors, though they are also free to trim and modify to reduce weight within those limits.

We'll see how this works out in the first season (too late to change it now). What we might do next season is lower the LMP minimum and simply not have a minimum for the GTS.

BTW, a couple of our GTS guys at Mini-AZ had cars that came in at about 125.6g! Brad (YBslow) makes these brass weight kits that fit the recess grooves under the chassis putting the extra weight at the very lowest point of the car. He doesn't have them up on his site yet, but they're awesome stuff.

I call my GTS (and former OLPS) car the "Silver Moose". I forget now exactly, but its something like 156g. I really need to work on lightening it. About 10g of that is a light kit I built, but its scientific fact that lights make cars faster.

My F1 has 20g of lead stuck outside the body back over the rear axle. It makes the car very heavy, but it really helps the rear stay planted and I find my tyres last longer since they're not sliding around as much.
Old 2012.01.31, 06:36 AM   #44
Foggy Style

I thought even though we ran together the GTS and LMP are seperate classes? Now we're all competing for the same championship?
I also think all A finals should be videod. I have seen guys go to another club,race in their HFAY A final and get 95 laps(not as fillers) Then at the end of the month they submit 110+ lap counts. This is cheating at OLPS,so whats to stop them doing the same here? Thats why i think we need videod finals.
We have already been accused of cheating by not having the RCP bumps,by people who havent even been to our club or seen what track we have there.
Our club is officially withdrawing from the ISRL series.

Last edited by Foggy Style; 2012.01.31 at 06:38 AM.
Foggy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.31, 08:15 AM   #45
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy Style View Post
I thought even though we ran together the GTS and LMP are seperate classes? Now we're all competing for the same championship?
I also think all A finals should be videod. I have seen guys go to another club,race in their HFAY A final and get 95 laps(not as fillers) Then at the end of the month they submit 110+ lap counts. This is cheating at OLPS,so whats to stop them doing the same here? Thats why i think we need videod finals.
We have already been accused of cheating by not having the RCP bumps,by people who havent even been to our club or seen what track we have there.
Our club is officially withdrawing from the ISRL series.
Do you have videos of your races? We are going to post ours as soon as the results are released only because you asked for them.

Which club are you with?... I can't seem to recall any big stink about someone cheating with the bumpouts or changing lap counts.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)