Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.03.06, 11:51 AM   #9781
ruf993
majsrc.com

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed View Post
My opinion... as if any of you want to hear it.

Your race videos were much more entertaining from years ago...

There, I said it. With the speeds nowadays, a clean pass seems like a near miracle! They do still happen but it seems much more brutal in nature. You all push the limit up there at Maj's and that is 100% cool to do but I think the actual racing suffers when you all try to squeeze every ounce of handling and speed you can out of the cars.

There is always going to be some advantage somewhere for someone, be it hyper-matched batteries, tweaked motor, brand new cut tires... nothing you can really do about that but to make a hand-out spec-everything class. pretty sure that is not gonna happen! I understand the need to attract new racers, and trying to draw from a specific on-road crew but if you ring the dinner bell for them and nobody comes... what is the point?

If I had a shop, I would try to draw newbies in more than anything else... why?... because most newbies stay longer. They don't seem to be as torn between running their 10th/12th scale cars or their Zs. At the speeds you guys are running now, if I was a newbie I would be totally intimidated to show up and try to race with you (I'm not a newbie and I am intimidated to run with you guys now). First off, I could never afford the setups most of you run nowadays and secondly... There is no way I could even keep up!

There used to be some really excellent battles in the vids from years back, that's what I miss seeing the most. I'm not saying there haven't been some great battles lately, but it's not as much of a turn for turn nowadays.

Once again, just my opinion.
I hear what your saying it's been tired many times... in the end people still get intimidated like your self.

In my many years racing stock, 80t, 70t, 50t, spec none spec, & open the intimidators are always are going to be top 5 at my track. Also in the years owning a track there are few rare people who dose get intimidated but still keeps going and races on to better them selves. We actually have this one racer who dose not keep up with the jones and was new to miniZ that races with guys in the B main since there was only an A and B. The guys he runs with in the B would or capable of winning the A in other tracks. But he still keeps coming to enjoy him self racing and hanging out with his fellow racers.

I would love to see more new guys come race at my shop. I actually like seeing the new guys race its pure driving ability. Once they advance its only a mater of TIME he will be joining the advance club... The one positive you get when racing with some talented people they are willing to help you with your setup and share a few speed tricks.... All you have to do is ask.

As the last surviving tri-state MINIZ track owner I found out long time ago you can never make everyone happy.... So if your racing crowed is low but they are loyal to your track its best to try to keep the guys who do come happy.

We do have a an autoscale class that has 4-5 guys that run the MR03S having some racing fun...

So like always here at MHS we accommodate to all type of skilled racers....
Team MHS Driver #01

Last edited by ruf993; 2015.03.06 at 11:53 AM.
ruf993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.06, 01:59 PM   #9782
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruf993 View Post
I hear what your saying it's been tired many times... in the end people still get intimidated like your self.

In my many years racing stock, 80t, 70t, 50t, spec none spec, & open the intimidators are always are going to be top 5 at my track. Also in the years owning a track there are few rare people who dose get intimidated but still keeps going and races on to better them selves. We actually have this one racer who dose not keep up with the jones and was new to miniZ that races with guys in the B main since there was only an A and B. The guys he runs with in the B would or capable of winning the A in other tracks. But he still keeps coming to enjoy him self racing and hanging out with his fellow racers.

I would love to see more new guys come race at my shop. I actually like seeing the new guys race its pure driving ability. Once they advance its only a mater of TIME he will be joining the advance club... The one positive you get when racing with some talented people they are willing to help you with your setup and share a few speed tricks.... All you have to do is ask.

As the last surviving tri-state MINIZ track owner I found out long time ago you can never make everyone happy.... So if your racing crowed is low but they are loyal to your track its best to try to keep the guys who do come happy.

We do have a an autoscale class that has 4-5 guys that run the MR03S having some racing fun...

So like always here at MHS we accommodate to all type of skilled racers....
Got it, but I still miss the tighter packs in the vids... seemed much more exciting.

And the whole Carpet/RCP question... run what works for the club! My only problem with carpet is when it gets laden with traction compound and cars start getting put on the track dripping with the stuff. Although I didn't mind the Paragon so much... everytime I smell spearmint, I feel like I should have a 10th scale in my one hand and a fresh box of tires to true in the other.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.06, 02:40 PM   #9783
ruf993
majsrc.com

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed View Post
Got it, but I still miss the tighter packs in the vids... seemed much more exciting.

And the whole Carpet/RCP question... run what works for the club! My only problem with carpet is when it gets laden with traction compound and cars start getting put on the track dripping with the stuff. Although I didn't mind the Paragon so much... everytime I smell spearmint, I feel like I should have a 10th scale in my one hand and a fresh box of tires to true in the other.
sorry you don't see that type of racing on the vids... But we actually have that close racing in the autoscale class. Just the drivers in that class request not to be on the spotlight....

but you are more then welcome to come see it live and race with us..
Team MHS Driver #01
Old 2015.03.07, 09:17 PM   #9784
DMALMAD

Yea gotta say when we run the autoscales with 50t everyone finishes on pretty much the same lap
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.15, 07:22 PM   #9785
egonzalez

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
Yea gotta say when we run the autoscales with 50t everyone finishes on pretty much the same lap

I vote for handout sealed 70turn point series and swap the motor every two weeks until the end of the series. This will give us a pool of the same motors every two weeks and we can't repeat the same motor. With the lipo batteries I think this would be fun and keep the racing close. In this scenario, less teching is also required. RCP or carpet. Any thoughts?

THE PLACE FOR EVERYTHING RC

www.majsrc.com

Friday Night Mini-z Racing 7PM

<<< Team Driver for MHS / R1Wurks / DG DESIGNS >>>
egonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.16, 09:47 AM   #9786
tommy_greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by egonzalez View Post
I vote for handout sealed 70turn point series and swap the motor every two weeks until the end of the series. This will give us a pool of the same motors every two weeks and we can't repeat the same motor. With the lipo batteries I think this would be fun and keep the racing close. In this scenario, less teching is also required. RCP or carpet. Any thoughts?
I absolutely agree on that same thing.I have tried the 70 and 80 turn motor in the MRX cars in the past.it will actually be a slower pace then we use to.but I will tell you.will be exciting throughout the race being tight close racing.and as for a series.I'm all for it I think we need to do that more often. I'll talk to Maj about nice plaques or trophy.it'd be nice to race with something every week
Old 2015.03.16, 10:18 AM   #9787
DMALMAD

Finally, YES a spec trophy race sounds awesome! Im game for 70t sealed
Either surface, rcp or carpet, but no more voting because everytime we vote nobody really knows what they want or whats good for them. Let Maj decide and go from there.
Old 2015.03.16, 01:57 PM   #9788
ruf993
majsrc.com

Thumbs up

I'm in... will set it up in the next 2 weeks
Team MHS Driver #01
Old 2015.03.31, 08:10 PM   #9789
DMALMAD

Friday's video http://youtu.be/0UeBwX5CmwI

Also who is ready for some 50t spec racing? I know I am
Old 2015.04.01, 08:58 AM   #9790
egonzalez

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
Friday's video http://youtu.be/0UeBwX5CmwI

Also who is ready for some 50t spec racing? I know I am
Open tires...

www.majsrc.com

Last edited by egonzalez; 2015.04.01 at 07:51 PM.
Old 2015.04.02, 08:51 AM   #9791
tommy_greeneyes

looking forward to 50 turns spec series.see you guys tomorrow.and as for that open tire.well I'll keep supporting Maj and buying his tires from him to keeping him in business so we can still have a track.always going to be about tire maintenance.why don't we go back to RCP and Run a open tire foams or Rubber tires.
Old 2015.04.02, 01:12 PM   #9792
DMALMAD

Ok to quel this spec tire rubbish. When I switched to different tires I saw no performance gain and 3-weeks later I have only gained 1 tenth compared to my best hot lap on the same layout with the other tires. And even that is usual as at the end of the layout I usually pick up a tenth or two. And even though I don't buy tires from the shop I still spend 40+ dollars every week not to mention the IDT I bought FROM MAJ. Unlike some who bought atomic amz and 2wd from online stores. Not only that but this coming saturday I will also be purchasing tires and many other things for my 1/10th and 1/8th cars which I will be racing at Maj's supporting the hobby shop. I can't speak for anyone else but I show up every week (which is funny because the guys complaining about spec tires and supporting the HS are the ones not showing up) and I support the HS in other ways than x-power tires. Sometimes it is difficult to afford everything so while mini-z tires may be something I have had to cut back on I still maintain the same level of support for the HS. We have a good thing going so lets not mess it up with ignorance and fingerpointing. You stay with your tires and I stay with mine and lets just start the 50t on a good foot.

Also as a side note the tires may be different but a good racer understands how to make the setup match the tires and how to prepare the tires for peak performance. Part of the reason why people think different tires give an advantage is because I have to spend hours making tires which means I spend more time preparing them to perfection and getting everythig exactly right for the outcome I want. Tires have just become a tuning method, like a different type of spring or dps lube if you will.

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.04.02 at 01:15 PM.
Old 2015.04.02, 03:49 PM   #9793
tommy_greeneyes

Devin you're taking this too serious.you're a nice kid do you understand it's only a hobby to have fun.when you get a job that works 50+hours 6 days week.And have bills to pay.you can spend your money where you want. you please be very careful what you say cuz you don't want to open a can of worms.
Old 2015.04.02, 04:26 PM   #9794
egonzalez

I'll race anything... Let just race!

www.majsrc.com

Old 2015.04.02, 04:29 PM   #9795
tommy_greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by egonzalez View Post
I'll race anything... Let just race!
I feel the same way.I'm just looking to race with a good group of guys.