Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.01.22, 09:36 PM   #1
Machritis
Mini-Z Novice

Tire and Motor types

Hey,

I'd like some info on tires, I feel lazy now that I'm asking, instead of researching on my own, but I think I'll get better results this way... I have plans of making a Mini-Z website, that will have as much information as I can accumulate, and I would like as much help as I can get on this one...

Today's question is...

What type of tires do well on what surfaces...? (This is for a comparison table).

This will work out something like this...

Type of Tire | Width | Hardness | Surface Recommended

I hope to see some information on this, because I've only seen a little on tires, I guess there really isn't too much, but I'd like to do what I can to make an extremely useful website. There will be more questions to follow. So Instead of making a new thread, I'm going to ask my second question now...

The type of motor for what reason.

What type of motor is fast, and which is faster than which? (ex: X-speed is faster than stock).

This will be a table in decending order (fastest to slowest) showing prices and best values depending on the speed for the price you pay, so I hope I can get this website going ASAP!!!

There will be a bunch more questions on the way, and yes I know that some of these are answered on previous threads, but it is much easier to see the collective data all on one thread, instead of searching for hours where I can get the info I need from you people in a matter of minutes.

Thanks for your imput!

-Machritis
Machritis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.23, 12:37 AM   #2
ru_crazy
Fast and The FuriouZ

Heres a thread on basic types on tires:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...ighlight=tires
Old 2002.01.23, 12:44 AM   #3
ru_crazy
Fast and The FuriouZ

Heres a thread about different commerical motors:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...ghlight=motors
and here is a thread on custom high performance motors:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...ghlight=motors
Hope this helps,
ru_crazy
Old 2002.01.23, 09:09 AM   #4
Machritis
Mini-Z Novice

Speed

Thanks r_u crazy!

As for speed, I plan on getting that up, but not until all the snow melts away. My tennis court is about 90' X 40' so I think I won't have to worry about things getting in the way. And luckily for me, we just had the court resurfaced, but a huge crack came back! Oh well, I'll just have to fix it up. I think I'm gonna go for control right now, since I can only race around on my kitchen floor, which is about 15' X 8'... When the snow melts though, it's all open throttle for me. I have to see how fast my Mini-Z will go, because I can't test that right now, so it'll give me something to look forward to.

I went to that site about the motors and everything, and I like the graphs, execpt for the fact that I couldn't figure out about %75 of it. For now I think I'll stick with the X-Speed, because it doesn't sound too bad, but I'll have to look into those GPM motors sometime. I know one of my friends wants to modify my Mini-Z and stick my modified 600 speed motor from my 1/10 scale cars!!! I think I'll have to slap him out of that idea, because it'll never fit, especially with the 6 cell C-sized batteries... I did want to see how fast it would go though... I'm happy with the 130 speed motors, I was surprised how much power they put out!

I have another question here, the H-plate thing, isn't that the piece that connects the main chassis piece with the rear wheels and motor? Because I keep thinking it's called the shock plate, unless that's what it's called also...

Thanks for the help again!

-Machritis
Old 2002.01.23, 09:17 AM   #5
ru_crazy
Fast and The FuriouZ

The H plate is exactly that--the piece that connects the chassis and the motor pod. Not only does it act as a shock plate, it also varies your body length (3 settings) so different bodt sets can be used.
As far as a motor, I would recommend the X-speed, or if you want faster, one of intialdeeznutz's high performance motors. I have a SHO motor that blew my friends X-speed away.
You are smart for going with control first.
ru_crazy
Old 2002.01.23, 09:24 AM   #6
Machritis
Mini-Z Novice

Motors

On those motors, where are places to find those for a resonable price? I don't really like the Hobby Ect place because... they are over priced, and I can't find the intialdeeznutz motors here, or those SHO... Or do you just buy from that Hobby Ect place anyway? I think I'm missing something here, but I can't really figure out if that Hobby Ect place is any good, because I already don't like the site.

Thanks again... and again...

-Machritis
Old 2002.01.23, 09:38 AM   #7
ru_crazy
Fast and The FuriouZ

Hobby Ect lists alot of products--but are very expensive. The site shop is cheaper and has better service. The minizracing.com shop can get ANY part you need that is commerically made.
Heres what you do:
Search the Part database or Search other sites (like Hobby Ect) and find part numbers and descriptions of what you want.
Contact shop@mini-zracing.com and MR mini-z will check availability and price.
It's that easy!
As far as intialdeeznutz, he is a forum member! He sells his stuff idependent for this site but that is because they are non-commerical product not found else where. His motors are awesome! Just contact him via email.
Machritis--here is my email (slarsons@swbell.net). Feel free to contact me directly with questions.
ru_crazy (steve)
Old 2002.01.23, 09:49 AM   #8
Machritis
Mini-Z Novice

Great

Thanks for the info again... I'll have to look up all this stuff, and see what I can do. I have heard that intialdeeznutz's motors are great, while browsing some of these threads. I would like to check into the SHO motors or some GPM type, because I've heard good stuff about those too. I hope I can find what I'm looking for, which would be a good motor that won't drain my batteries in 30 minutes!!! So I'll see about my budget here, depending on what I have, will tell me when I get the motor or not right now. It's not a matter of if I'll get it, it's more when, but I don't think I have the money yet, and also I still want to race my Mini-Z more before I go crazy and spend too much money on something I don't need... yet... So far I've only driven my Mini-Z for about 45 minutes, I don't have the NiMH batteries yet, so I'm trying to conserve the last four AAA's that I have before I run out here. Anyway, I have to stop posting like this, I hate using forums for conversation, I like them for information... so I'll just restate my questions here...

What types of tires are good on what surfaces? (ex: wide soft tires for smooth surfaces)

What type of motor runs faster than another? (ex: X-Speed is faster than stock)

Thanks for the info and all the help!

-Machritis
Old 2002.01.23, 10:00 AM   #9
ru_crazy
Fast and The FuriouZ

Quote:
What types of tires are good on what surfaces?
Soft is great for smooth surfaces
As the hardness increases, tire life increases but traction decreases. So, if you have harder tires---they work better on higher traction surfaces.
Wide will increase traction but body clearance becomes an issue. So, depending on the body style--you can have wider wheels without body modification.
ru_crazy
Old 2002.01.23, 10:05 AM   #10
ru_crazy
Fast and The FuriouZ

Quote:
What type of motor runs faster than another?
Pinion gear, track surface, and handling modifications all effect speed.
inditialdeeznutz has done TONS of R&D on motors. He should answer that question. The Fastest motor is his Drag motor (but you have to have a turbo installed.
ru_crazy