Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > RCP Tracks

Old 2009.08.21, 09:46 AM   #1
Ensonic

Different coded / keyed Kyosho RCP and normal RCP?

Hi,

today I got a Kyosho expansion set for my original RCP Track (2 * Wide L 50) and the surprise was big. The connection didn't work to the other plates. Only rough side to blank side would fit. Was it a mistake in production or wanted Kyosho a "copy protection" for over seas customer?

In the RCP track FAQ was that text:

Quote:
8) (Q) I live outside the US and shipping is too high to send tracks overseas. Will they be available outside the US. (A) Yes, we are currently manufacturing some custom tracks and layouts for Kyosho. They will be distributing the RCP Tracks in most countries outside the US in a few months. The Kyosho/RCP Track will feature the Kyosho label on selected side rails and will incorportate the new PIN design and the finish line print on both sides. Kyosho will offer the RCP Track in two sizes. The first size track will be similar to the US size tile and the second track will incorporate a smaller tile design, so larger configurations can be created in limited spaces. The Mini-tile will have a shorter side rail height, which gives the overall mini-tile track, a more open ride. The mini-tile will measure approx. 11 1/2" x 11 1/2". We will offer blank mini-tiles if the user wants to increase the lane width of the mini-tile track.
So, there should be only the printed kyosho logo as a difference.

Here an Kyosho Germany the product picture of the expansion kit shows the rough side with the right coding (like mine at home, the new Kyosho ones was vice versa coded) They showed for every product the same picture, so that is a picture of the mini 96 expansion set but the coding shoud be equal.

http://www.kyosho.de/?page=shop/flyp...t&setlang=deu#

Ensonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.21, 11:06 AM   #2
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

The 50cm tracks manufactured for Kyosho Japan have an opposite link pattern to the tracks sold out of our distributors from Spain, Sweeden, Mexico and the US. The 30cm tracks sold from Kyosho Japan are the same as all others. It is just the 50cm tracks which are different.

Our Spain distributor offers an exansion tile to convert from Japan to all other 50cm tracks. The tile has the Japan link on one end and all countries link pattern on the opposite side.

There was no original reason for the difference in tracks. Once we noticed that our factory was producing the tracks differently, it was too late to make the change as many people in Japan already had the 50cm tracks with the opposite link pattern.

I will talk to Kyosho Japan about changing their picture to reflect the 50cm link pattern. I believe the picture they show on their site for 30cm and 50cm tracks is the same picture.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2009.08.21 at 11:09 AM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.21, 04:01 PM   #3
Ensonic

Hi,

that's not the answer I wanted to hear :-( Now I have more problems I ever wanted to have. How would conversion tiles work on the expansion pack? On every place I want to get wider, I have to use these special patterns. The reason why I chose RCP is first of course the quality and second to be flexible with track layout. And this ends with having two kinds of patterns.

The problem is, that my local dealer only ordered this Kyosho pack because I wanted him to do this for me. So there is no chance to give it back. He could not sell it to another customer (who uses Japan tiles) because he normally only sells helicopters. And I don't believe Kyosho takes the pack back, because they think, that's the dealers problem. There fault is to have the wrong product photo, normally they should take the product back.

What makes me disappointed and angry is, that I did everything to inform me, before I ordered the kit, if everything is compatible. The Kyosho picture was ok, and in your FAQ here was written that everything is the same despite the kyosho logo :-(

Do you have a solution? I could sell the kit, but I will loose a lot of money, because in Germany there are very little people driving Mini-Z, more less people uses RCP, because carpet is cheaper and so more popular, and from that less people the most ordered in Spain, because TRP had the track in stock, where Kyosho had one delay after another. And IF I could sell it, where do I get the right US / Spain expansion kit? TRP does not have it and could not deliver :-(

Selling the two Spain Wide L and the Diagonal Kit for buying Original Kyosho makes no sense, because Kyosho isn't able the deliver an Kyosho diagonal kit. I think i burned around 450 $ today or 299 Euro, that's the price Kyosho takes here for it :-(

Last edited by Ensonic; 2009.08.21 at 04:08 PM.
Old 2009.08.21, 04:16 PM   #4
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

The RCP FAQ from this forum was posted in January of 2004. This was before we started making tracks for Kyosho Japan. I just edited the section about overseas tracks to reflect the difference in the Kyosho Japan 50cm kits and tiles. I am also contacting TRC to let them know to put warnings on their site. I will change the RCP Tracks website to reflect the difference in Japan tracks, as well.

I should have reviewed the FAQ thread to see if it is still valid to prevent this from happening.

Let me get a hold of TRC in Spain and find out what they have in stock and to see if they can hook you up with the correct expansion kit. I also have some other solutions that I am working on as well.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2009.08.21 at 04:30 PM.
Old 2009.08.21, 05:15 PM   #5
Ensonic

Hi John,

Thanks for your fast and very friendly help. Is nice to see that I chose the right product. For all other European drivers. Be carefull. Buy only Kyosho, or only from TRP, Sweden etc.
Old 2009.08.22, 02:27 AM   #6
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

i have come across this problem before too.
last time i checked with trp he had the conversion tiles in stock so you should be ok
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.22, 03:55 AM   #7
Ensonic

This might be a good solution for a normal track. There is one point where the Kyosho track ends, and the trp begins. So there you need two conversion tiles, and everything is fine, but for the conversion kit that widens the track with a third tile in the middle , I can't immagine how this should work?

But we found a much better solution...
Old 2009.08.22, 05:35 AM   #8
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

im sure the tiles trp has have holes cut for barriers but the foam is still inserted so you have the option to use them in a 3 tile wide straight.

so,
rcp tile,trp conv tile,kyosho tile
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.14, 09:32 PM   #9
yscheong

I had started my Mini Z Club in Malaysia on 2007. I had order the Kyosho Japan Track to put in my club before RCP have a distributor in Taiwan. Later on I order the RCP track from Taiwan, when it arrive, I face the same problem with you.

If I can recall, they have offer the conversion title but cannot used in center title. And the distributor inform me that both have a different thickness as well.

Lucky I manage to sell it out and now using pure RCP track......

If both are interchangeable, it is perfect. Too bad now they have different version.
yscheong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.19, 11:59 AM   #10
Ensonic

Hi John,

Sorry for that, I was quite angry, because my attempts to sale the tiles went wrong. Normaly emails are the safest way to get into contact. Our first email contact was save and fast so I thought the last Emails went through to you either. I contacted you twice a month in november and december all with no reply. So you sent the tiles, but they didn't arrive? :-( What can we do now? I will of course delete my last post or edit it...
Old 2010.02.19, 12:02 PM   #11
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensonic View Post
Hi John,

Sorry for that, I was quite angry, because my attempts to sale the tiles went wrong. Normaly emails are the safest way to get into contact. Our first email contact was save and fast so I thought the last Emails went through to you either. I contacted you twice a month in november and december all with no reply. So you sent the tiles, but they didn't arrive? :-( What can we do now? I will of course delete my last post or edit it...
I am contacting USPS to find out what happen to the shipment. We had issues with a few other shipments going out of the country. Sometimes they are held up in customs and get lost in the shuffle. If I can't get answers from USPS by tomorrow, I will prepare a second shipment.