Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.11.04, 03:58 PM   #1
Roketmini
The C is Missing.

Send a message via AIM to Roketmini
New Xmod-Specific Forum?

With all the talk of the new Evo xmods, i think it would be nice if Xmods had their nice little corner to themselves. And please don't go telling me "they're xmods, they dont deserve their own spot". If Iwaver and Mini-X cars have their own private spots, why not Xmods?
Old 2005.11.04, 04:20 PM   #2
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roketmini
With all the talk of the new Evo xmods, i think it would be nice if Xmods had their nice little corner to themselves. And please don't go telling me "they're xmods, they dont deserve their own spot". If Iwaver and Mini-X cars have their own private spots, why not Xmods?
I do not see a place for Mini-X on the forum. Iwaver got a spot because it was a clone of the Mini-Z. Xmods have a forum on this sites sister website www.tinyrc.com.

But from what I have seen from RS's xmod forum, there tends to be alot of younger posters. They tend to act alot like the few that come on to this forum, make one or 2 post then vanish. 'My Xmod can kick your Mini-z's butt' kind of posts. Just tends to tear apart the forums and cause regular posters to go elsewhere.

Roketmini, that is NOT directed at you, you have been a nice asset to this forum.

Or they just have no clue about what they are talking about.

Quick example: I was reading earlier today on RS's site about what is the best way to drift your xmod. There were 2 or 3 that posted that it is best to drift on a wetted down wood floor. Another poster in that thread said to spread sugar on the floor and drift on that. Thankfully there was sane person that posted and said they were idiots. Water would destroy the ESC and sugar would get into the gears and motor and cause damage.

With all that said, I would say I would not object to seeing an Xmod section added. I just think the moderators might be put into working overtime until the new members calmed down and saw how this board is run compared to other mini r/c forums.
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.04, 04:27 PM   #3
Roketmini
The C is Missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda52
I do not see a place for Mini-X on the forum.

Thank you for correcting me, I THOUGHT there was a place for them.
Old 2005.11.04, 04:38 PM   #4
briankstan

I beleive alot of existing members have Xmods, either new or old, I don't think it would be such a bad idea to have a section to post comments or updates. IMO

Brian
Old 2005.11.04, 05:30 PM   #5
Boss302
Mini-z Addict.

Send a message via AIM to Boss302 Send a message via MSN to Boss302
I say no.

Mostly I have to agree with Bda52, Look at ***********, Full of n00bs, I come to mini-zracer because its mostly Mature people posting. Xmods attract noobs and Its called "mini-z" Racer.com for a reason , no? Beleave me Im an Xmod supporter( Ill be getting a Real mini-z in a month or so once My paper route becomes availible , trust me this time). I would NOT bash Xmods, And even after I get my Z I won't , unlike a few people Im gratefull I have what I have. I really think we should leave it to tinyrc.

MA-010-Completely Stock.
Boss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.04, 07:32 PM   #6
Roketmini
The C is Missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss302
I say no.

Mostly I have to agree with Bda52, Look at ***********, Full of n00bs, I come to mini-zracer because its mostly Mature people posting. Xmods attract noobs and Its called "mini-z" Racer.com for a reason , no? Beleave me Im an Xmod supporter( Ill be getting a Real mini-z in a month or so once My paper route becomes availible , trust me this time). I would NOT bash Xmods, And even after I get my Z I won't , unlike a few people Im gratefull I have what I have. I really think we should leave it to tinyrc.

True, Xmod's do attract noobs, but, after all, noobs are simply people who lack experience and (not to be rude) problem solving skills. And if there is an Iwaver forum here, why is the site not called "Iwaverracer.com"? I don't want to get into an argument or anything, but there are serious, noob-free xmod forums out there, just look at the atomicmods.com forum and you'll see what I mean.

(P.S. I'm beginning to look into Overlands so I can have something to drive against my F-150, any suggestions?)
Old 2005.11.06, 12:21 AM   #7
Randel Stevens

good news and bad news regarding need for xmods spot on a mini-z fourm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda52
I do not see a place for Mini-X on the forum. Iwaver got a spot because it was a clone of the Mini-Z. Xmods have a forum on this sites sister website www.tinyrc.com.

But from what I have seen from RS's xmod forum, there tends to be alot of younger posters. They tend to act alot like the few that come on to this forum, make one or 2 post then vanish. 'My Xmod can kick your Mini-z's butt' kind of posts. Just tends to tear apart the forums and cause regular posters to go elsewhere.

Roketmini, that is NOT directed at you, you have been a nice asset to this forum.

Or they just have no clue about what they are talking about.

Quick example: I was reading earlier today on RS's site about what is the best way to drift your xmod. There were 2 or 3 that posted that it is best to drift on a wetted down wood floor. Another poster in that thread said to spread sugar on the floor and drift on that. Thankfully there was sane person that posted and said they were idiots. Water would destroy the ESC and sugar would get into the gears and motor and cause damage.

With all that said, I would say I would not object to seeing an Xmod section added. I just think the moderators might be put into working overtime until the new members calmed down and saw how this board is run compared to other mini r/c forums.
I am neither xmods or miniz, and i must say your post is well spoken and your point are valid. But looking at the data only the new allwheel drive mini-z is at least 75% or more a copy of the new RS's Xmods EVO. I know this post will be bashed endlessly but at the end of the day the data is clear. If you buy and run the new MINI-Z you will be in the same class as the xmods. The only diferance will be that mini-z ppl are much more educated.

call me crazy but thats the way i see it.
Randel Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.06, 12:47 AM   #8
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randel Stevens
I am neither xmods or miniz, and i must say your post is well spoken and your point are valid. But looking at the data only the new allwheel drive mini-z is at least 75% or more a copy of the new RS's Xmods EVO. I know this post will be bashed endlessly but at the end of the day the data is clear. If you buy and run the new MINI-Z you will be in the same class as the xmods. The only diferance will be that mini-z ppl are much more educated.

This is not bashing in anyway. No one in this thread has mentioned anything about the EVO v AWD Z until now. I do not think that is what Roketmini was intending this thread to be. A quick 2 cents on it though, there is really not much you can do in this scale different than mid-mounted motor and shaft drive. Belts would just be too hard and tiny to try to adjust or replace in this scale. I am not saying it could not be done, just seem impractical. As always, I could and probably am wrong.

I would not say Z racers are more educated that Xmod racers. I would say more mature. That all has to do with the cost of the cars. To me it seems like the average age of Z racers are 24-38 where as the average Xmod racer is in there teens. If I were not into R/C cars and my child wanted 1/28 scale car, I would lean toward the Xmod. Almost half of the price and available every 32 feet. (Seems like there are RS everywhere!) If they are going to just go out and beat the heck out of the car would you rather be out $60 or $120? I'd opt for $60. If they were going to be racing in a controlled environment, local track or under parental supervision, then I would consider going to the Z at $120.

Again, I would not object to and Xmod section, I do own 3 Xmods, in this forum even though there is one on the sister site, www.tinyrc.com. From the little bit I have gone through tinyrc there seems to be a bit more traffic through this forum and now with the shop combined into one spot, it might not be a bad idea to merge the forums.
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.06, 12:49 AM   #9
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:

There are quite a few similarities between the new AWD Mini-Z and the Xmod Evo. Mainly in the drivetrain(although the Kyosho drivetrain should be smoother). But that is where the similarities end. The suspension is different (more like the MR02 front suspension all around). The ESC is not comparable at all. I have heard bad reports of the Evo plastic being fairly brittle, and breaking easily. The Kyosho plastic should be of a higher grade than the Xmod.

As for a copy of the Xmod, how many different ways can you think of putting power to the wheels in an AWD setup at this scale. I wonder if some of the old GPM Xmod parts will be compatable.

I do not feel that there should be an Xmod section here, unless it is an Xmod/Kyosho hybrid section (which wouldnt last, due to the Mini-Z AWD release). I have been working on an Xmod/Mini-Z hybrid (want to see what a GREAT Xmod G1 will do against the Mini-Z AWD)... Which is why I feel it is fine to post it on this site. If it was just Xmod, I would either post at TinyRC or a different Xmod related site.

If the forums would merge, there would be much more traffic... but not neccessarily the traffic that would be wanted. There would probably be more Xmod vs Mini-Z flaming, more random spamming by tweens... However, I feel that TinyRC has less of that compared to other Xmod related forums... The moderators here and at TinyRC do a great job. Moderating can be quite difficult

Last edited by EMU; 2005.11.06 at 12:54 AM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.06, 12:23 PM   #10
Roketmini
The C is Missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
As for a copy of the Xmod, how many different ways can you think of putting power to the wheels in an AWD setup at this scale.
To name a few configurations...

1-Gen 1 Xmod style
2-Xmod Evo style
3-Micro RS4 Style
4-Motor parallel to shaft (Think TC3)
5-Dual motors, 1 on each end (Think Rock Crawlers)

Anyway...I took a look at tinyrc and was a little disapointed. The forums there seemed less organized than the ones here, and the red background was a little hard on the eyes. I would be happy if I could use my account from here on tinyrc.
Old 2005.11.06, 01:44 PM   #11
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roketmini
Anyway...I took a look at tinyrc and was a little disapointed. The forums there seemed less organized than the ones here, and the red background was a little hard on the eyes. I would be happy if I could use my account from here on tinyrc.
Just setup an account there the same way as you did here. Most of my stuff on the different Tiny RC forums are more or less the same, just my avatars are slightly different as each one is set up to different requirements. I do have the same screen name so you know it's me.
Old 2007.06.01, 07:11 PM   #12
eztuner12
Do you want to go fasst??

Thumbs down Mini-Z electronic board transplant to Xmods Evo

Greetings
Nice to hear there still people interested in Xmods.

Do any of you have heard or experimented transplanting a Mini-Z electronic board to an Xmod Evo?
I only quit my Xmods Evo, doe to the terrible transmitter that comes with the kit.
Any info or comments will be appreciated
Thx
eztuner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.06, 04:02 AM   #13
byebye

Quote:

Reply to quote #3-Randel your words get alot of attention

Sure there are similarities but you have to take a look at every scale 4wd car. I believe this one is more similar to the x-ray than the x-mod and if you look at the battery layout and motor placement of the evo x-mod, whos copying who? If Kyosho pulled ideas off of them then good on them. In a wider aspect look at the auto industry. How many awd cars are out there now? How many are all developing paddle shift? Traction control is almost standard. Should there be a debate of who's copying who? It's not worth it and maybe you haven't been around this scale long enough to see the similarities of all the 1/28 scale manufacturers.

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.07, 05:23 AM   #14
Randel Stevens

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye
Reply to quote #3-Randel your words get alot of attention

Sure there are similarities but you have to take a look at every scale 4wd car. I believe this one is more similar to the x-ray than the x-mod and if you look at the battery layout and motor placement of the evo x-mod, whos copying who? If Kyosho pulled ideas off of them then good on them. In a wider aspect look at the auto industry. How many awd cars are out there now? How many are all developing paddle shift? Traction control is almost standard. Should there be a debate of who's copying who? It's not worth it and maybe you haven't been around this scale long enough to see the similarities of all the 1/28 scale manufacturers.

-Byebye
i see the mini-z ppl point and i really dont care to speak on xmods behalf, and i belive the point i attemted to make has been made. Just looking at the data the xmods and kyosho new 1/28 RC are in the same class. the fact that one cost 70 dollars and kyoshos will cost 150 and up does not change the fact that for the most part the cars are the same and can compete head to head.

Its just my opion based on data only

randel
Randel Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.07, 12:03 PM   #15
byebye

Quote:
i see the mini-z ppl point and i really dont care to speak on xmods behalf, and i belive the point i attemted to make has been made. Just looking at the data the xmods and kyosho new 1/28 RC are in the same class. the fact that one cost 70 dollars and kyoshos will cost 150 and up does not change the fact that for the most part the cars are the same and can compete head to head.

Its just my opion based on data only

randel
No one owns the MA-010 and I don't think there is any data out there on the ma-010 to compare to what has been done with the evo x-mod. I think we won't know until it's out. Personally I would buy the ma-010 simply because it works with the bodies I have now. I don't have to put it together either. It's done already. The great thing about the chassis set is it comes with the different wheel offsets and other parts to make it that much more compatible. I've already set aside the $400 for 3 ma-010's and am not ready to send out more money just to let the evo sit on the shelf. I have two x-mods with mini-z pcb's doing that already.

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote