Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.02.22, 07:44 AM   #16
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Day 3:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gukPXUm...ture=youtu.be#

Turns out there's a day 4 happening...morning results have had Rosberg fastest and Renault powered teams having epic issues. I'll get more results by the days end.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.22, 01:51 PM   #17
TheSteve
VE7FM

Don't you wish there was a race tomorrow? It is only a matter of time until redbull has all ducks in a row but I'd like to see them suffer a little until then.
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.22, 02:27 PM   #18
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

21 days to go until Australia...I predict at least 1/3rd of the field doesn't finish.

It's a sad state of affairs when that looks likely. I wonder if the ERS failures will cause engine detonations (being so closely interlinked) and I wonder therefore how hard it will be to complete the season on the allotted 4 engines

Too many changes too fast with regs that don't allow for serious testing (7 total track days + 100km of "photo" work is laughable in a new formula season) and the net result is a slow car that will likely break down.

my custom body album...
Old 2014.02.27, 09:05 AM   #19
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

So turns out I goofed...there is testing in Bahrain this week.

Read a funny article today about the relative pace of the field of cars:

[quote] teams grapple with the technological revolution of the all-new V6 era amid severely tight testing restrictions, it emerged after the recent Bahrain test that many 2014 cars - notably the Red Bull of reigning world champion Sebastian Vettel - might struggle simply to qualify for Grands Prix.[quote]

Guess they'll avoid talking about the 107 percent rule until RedBull gets up to pace

According to test data, only 14 of 22 cars wouldn't make the Aus GP starting grid based on the 107 percent rule.

Crazy, right?

my custom body album...
Old 2014.02.28, 08:37 AM   #20
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

From Autosport.com:

Sergio Perez again set the pace for Force India, as the second day of the final pre-season Formula 1 test got underway in Bahrain.

The Mexican, who went fastest on Thursday in what he declared as his first proper day of testing in the VJM07, leapt straight to the top of the times with his first flying lap and ensured he stayed there with another quick effort around an hour before the lunch break.

Fernando Alonso went second fastest for Ferrari, less than a tenth adrift of the Force India. The double world champion clocked up more than 40 laps as the Scuderia seeks to catch up to the pacesetting Mercedes cars.

The morning's running was interrupted by two red flags, both caused by Mercedes-powered cars.

Lewis Hamilton brought out the first by going off with just over an hour gone, but went on to set the fifth fastest time and rack up more laps than anyone after his Mercedes was returned to the pits and cleared of gravel.

McLaren's Jenson Button was the other culprit. The MP4-29, which went third fastest in the 2009 world champion's hands, did not appear again after losing drive around two and a half hours into the session.

Not much was seen of Daniel Ricciardo either. He completed the fewest laps of anyone (15) as world champion team Red Bull's struggles continued.

The Australian, who on Thursday admitted his team has "not been up to scratch" so far in pre-season, set the ninth fastest time but was nearly three seconds adrift of his best from day one, and covered half the distance managed by Jean-Eric Vergne for sister team Toro Rosso.

Jules Bianchi continued Marussia's promising start to this final test, following the IT-related nightmare it endured last week, by clocking over 30 laps and setting the fourth fastest time.

Felipe Massa took over the Williams FW36 from Valtteri Bottas and went sixth fastest as the team switched focus from long runs to set-up and aero performance work.

Pastor Maldonado endured another difficult session in the 'twin-tusk' Lotus E22. The Venezuelan's running was curtailed early by an exhaust problem on day one and he has completed just 24 laps so far on day two after the old one was re-fitted.

Caterham suffered another significant delay as new parts turned up late and had to be fitted during the early part of the session.

Marcus Ericsson took over driving duties from Kamui Kobayashi and took up residence at the bottom of the timesheet, three quarters of a second behind Maldonado's Lotus.

Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap Laps

1. Sergio Perez Force India-Mercedes 1m35.570s 33

2. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m35.634s +0.064s 45

3. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m36.901s +1.331s 20

4. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Ferrari 1m38.198s +2.628s 33

5. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m39.041s +3.471s 61

6. Felipe Massa Williams-Mercedes 1m39.323s +3.753s 44

7. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Renault 1m39.756s +4.186s 30

8. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari 1m40.428s +4.858s 41

9. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull-Renault 1m40.867s +5.297s 15

10. Pastor Maldonado Lotus-Renault 1m41.762s +6.192s 24

11. Marcus Ericsson Caterham-Renault 1m42.516s +6.946s 22

AutoSport - Ben Anderson - 2/28/2014, 2:51 AM

my custom body album...
Old 2014.02.28, 11:30 AM   #21
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I'm starting to focus most of my news from Autosport.com:

By Jonathan Noble Friday, February 28th 2014, 15:28 GMT

Formula 1 teams have approved plans to tweak the qualifying format for 2014 in a bid to spice up the spectacle of Q3.

As AUTOSPORT revealed earlier this month, F1 team managers were called to a meeting with the FIA in Bahrain last week to discuss ideas to improve qualifying.

The meeting was put together because of concerns that too many drivers were electing to sit out the final qualifying session in a bid to save tyres for the race.

The proposed revisions featured drivers starting races on their Q2 tyres rather than Q3 rubber, extra tyres being provided for Q3 only, and Q1 being reduced from 20 to 18 minutes with Q3 lengthened to 12 minutes so that drivers can all complete two runs.

Those ideas were duly debated during Friday's meeting of F1's Strategy Group and AUTOSPORT has learned that they were approved.

The matter now needs to go to a vote of the FIA's World Motor Sport Council to be ratified before being put into the regulations in time for the Australian Grand Prix.

The support of the governing body will be a formality though, with FIA president Jean Todt having told AUTOSPORT recently that he fully backed the changed.

"It's constructive to have a little review of qualifying. Some people say, 'no we cannot go out in Q3 because we don't have enough tyres,'" he said.

"We are not talking about getting involved in a revolution. By doing a little refinement, a little finetuning, we can get at something [better]."

Teams also discussed potential revisions to the engine homologation regulations, in light of Renault's problems, but these were rejected.

A push by Bernie Ecclestone to expand the controversial double points rule for the final three races of the season, rather than just the season finale, was also voted down.

my custom body album...
Old 2014.02.28, 04:01 PM   #22
TheSteve
VE7FM

A very good solution to tire issue in qual three.

All the rule changes and new engines annoy me, not sure the sport still qualifies for the name "F1", but I'm still looking forward to the first race.
Old 2014.02.28, 06:34 PM   #23
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I should try to find the interview with Caterham driver Kamui Kobayashi where he flat out says GP2 cars are now faster than F1 cars.

It's a bit sad....

my custom body album...
Old 2014.03.01, 01:25 AM   #24
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I do like that qualify change... Now we can really see how fast these cars are on a single lap since they don't have to race on those tires. So, tear them to shreds!!!

So many rule changes, it will be an interesting season to see which teams can adapt the quickest. See which teams make improvements throughout the season, and which teams start strong, and don't develop the car as much through the season. I think Force India may fall into the second category, but I hope they do well. This rule change may have put them solidly near the front, but we will soon see if their pace will sustain over a race distance.

Red Bull will be the team to watch I feel. With all of their problems now, it reminds me of 5/6 years ago. They will probably make the biggest increase of performance throughout the season, because they are nowhere near the front right now from what I have seen... they need to figure out what to do with the Renault engine first. This alone will make it an interesting season, since we will have new front battles, and less Vettel runaway victories.
Old 2014.03.01, 09:08 AM   #25
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

From Autosport.com:

Felipe Massa set the pace for Williams as the penultimate day of pre-season Formula 1 testing kicked off in Bahrain, while reigning champion team Red Bull suffered another significant setback.

Daniel Ricciardo hailed Red Bull's progress after completing a 20-lap stint and setting the third fastest time during Friday's test, but world champion Sebastian Vettel failed to complete a lap this morning when the RB10 broke down on his installation run.

The team put up extended screens in the pitlane to shield the car from prying eyes as it returned to the pits. Vettel attempted another installation lap later but the car broke down again before it left the pits, so the four-time title winner helped marshals push the RB10 back to the Red Bull garage.

Adrian Sutil's Sauber also broke down on its installation lap at the very start of the test, stopping at the pitlane entrance and requiring fire marshals to attend to the rear of the car.

Force India has set the pace for two consecutive days with Sergio Perez driving, but Nico Hulkenberg fell three quarters of a second short of beating Massa's Williams to top spot on Saturday morning.

Mercedes made a late start after a precautionary engine change for the W05, but Nico Rosberg still clocked 22 laps and set the third fastest time on a set of medium compound Pirelli tyres.

Lotus also made a late start following fire damage caused by an engine failure on Friday for the twin-tusk E22. Romain Grosjean completed 14 laps in the repaired car this morning.

Daniel Kvyat's Toro Rosso, Kevin Magnussen's McLaren and Kimi Raikkonen's Ferrari rounded out the top six in a morning session that came to an early end when Jules Bianchi's Marussia broke down at Turn 2, 10 minutes before the scheduled lunchbreak.

Fernando Alonso completed over 100 laps on Friday, but Raikkonen again found his running limited in the F14 T, managing only nine laps so far.

Marcus Ericcson went seventh fastest for Caterham, clocking the most laps of anyone as he worked through a race simulation for the Leafield team.

my custom body album...
Old 2014.03.03, 07:11 PM   #26
kyoshosan

That's What I'm taking about! Williams Martini Livery F1

kyoshosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.03, 10:14 PM   #27
TheSteve
VE7FM

Looks killer. Cowboysir when we can we expect the Mini-Z version, I wanna race it against my Minardi!
Old 2014.03.04, 02:28 PM   #28
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Thats a sim from Forza 5...not necessarily the exact version for williams F1.

No matter what i will be doing a Martini Williams F1. It's probably the classiest looking finish/scheme Ive seen in a long time.

my custom body album...
Old 2014.03.09, 11:42 PM   #29
TheSteve
VE7FM

Only a few days to go!
Old 2014.03.12, 09:59 PM   #30
TheSteve
VE7FM

Practice 1 tomorrow at 6:30 Pacific