Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Tom Thumb Hobbies, Columbus OH

Old 2004.02.21, 11:31 PM   #1
latency
Mini-Z Race Junkie

Send a message via AIM to latency
Tom Thumb: Just back from latest KYOSHO CUP RACE!!

Incredible day of racing. I would like to take just a second to thank Mike and Tom Thumb Hobbies for a very well ran Miniz Cup race. We had a great time meeting new racers and forum members. Alex (Kyo rep) was really cool to hang out with, and he gave some really good pointers as well.

I have posted up a quick blog entry on my site for my days activities, but more importantly for you folks is the PICS!!!

Here they are, all 135 of them. Sasso and I togther (he shot with my cam while I raced) snapped over 450 pics total. These are the ones I have gone through so far. Have fun checking them out!

http://www.latencyproject.com/miniz/...post/index.htm

The album I built, you need to scroll the lower scroll bar to see all the pics.

Nice to meet all you guys in person! Unforutnately with all the class I was in, I found myself trying to keep up with keeping my racers ready to go...would have liked to talk to you guys more.

Hopefully you guys had a good time!

Talk to you guys later!!

latency
BMW M3 GTR MR02 PNRacing Speedy powered
Corvette C5R MR01 PNRacing Speedy powered
Cup Car conversion ChaserRC Stock Modified powered

KoPropo Helios 10EX

Last edited by latency; 2004.02.21 at 11:54 PM.
latency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.22, 12:06 AM   #2
McLaren F1 T3
MAN SHOOT

Send a message via AIM to McLaren F1 T3 Send a message via Yahoo to McLaren F1 T3
i see a big fat mclaren mercedes west f1 jacket eh?
nice to see a mclaren fan represent at k-cup. mad awsome
outfit abe. Good job to all the winners.

cheers,

mike
Old 2004.02.22, 08:33 AM   #3
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

excellent race day. Nice meeting other racers from out of town.

We had a good turn out of racers. I believe the head count was 25 or so but many with multiple class entries. There was nick and shannon from Wyoming who went to the Las Vegas finals last year and they dominated alot of races today. Impressive pair those guys are. Good skill. A group from cleveland were there as well.

The man, the myth, the Arch2B was there too. Good to meet ya Arch. And loved your collection of goodies too Techno made it from Cincinnati. Mini-Z himself even popped in to my suprise. Good seeing you again Dave! would have liked to see your superF1 on the track for some head to head but wasn't to be. Maybe next time.

Several of us showed before the doors opened at 8am. Controlled practice was from 9-10am after that the first round of qualifying which took the rest of the morning into lunch time. The cup race didn't officially end till about 7pm and after that the awards ceremony and clean up. It was an awesome experience for sure and very well organized. Stress level was high but all in good fun and friendly (though sometimes emotional) competiton

Latency and sasso took pics. i have some and they are pending. Kyle, appropriate you should make my team shirt your opening pic. Kinda lets people know that 'On this day, you'd better step up... or step out'

(race results/report coming in due time.. stay tuned)

Last edited by West.F1; 2004.02.22 at 08:37 AM.
West.F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.22, 08:43 AM   #4
sasso
Mini-Z Novice

Smile

I have gone to quite a few trophy races and this was the most fun by far. The racing was great, good time hanging with the guys, Mike and steve did a great job running the races.

It was awesom. Can't wait to race again next week.
sasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.22, 09:08 AM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
despite the 14 hours in a car, it was well worth the trip! if not to race, than just to meet you guys

thanks for all the pics and i look froward to the official race article/review hopefully it will exclude my less than mediocre performance
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.22, 12:32 PM   #6
traders168

Hi Guys!

Im just wondering if can sombody join the race with a broken mirror & fog lights?

Congrats to all you guys, thanx 4 this thread.
Old 2004.02.22, 12:37 PM   #7
traders168

Hi Guys!

Im just wondering if can sombody join the race with a broken mirror & fog lights?

Old 2004.02.22, 12:55 PM   #8
latency
Mini-Z Race Junkie

Talking Oh yeah...

Quote:
Originally posted by traders168
Hi Guys!

None of my cars have mirrors. They snap on day one of racing.

But seriously, there were numerous cars and overlands that had wings missing etc. They do not make a big deal of it. They just do not want body lightening.

KoPropo Helios 10EX
Old 2004.02.22, 12:56 PM   #9
techno
Hopeless Z addict

Which one me or arch I lost my fogs and he lost a mirror! lol it was great fun! I might be going back up that way now that I heard he is going to keep the track looks like a great shop to race in nice people!

Last edited by techno; 2004.02.22 at 02:24 PM.
techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.22, 01:45 PM   #10
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

wow, Nice shots. Now you need to show some with the names of the members. Always nice to put a face with a name. Arch, How about a 3rd times the charm? In NY you could finish higher? Unfortunetly, they are enforcing the batterie (although modified) rule starting at that race. SO All of the racers going to the finals, you need to get the approved batteries.

The early bird gets the worm, But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!
PAULANGELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.22, 03:10 PM   #11
latency
Mini-Z Race Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by PAULANGELO
wow, Nice shots. Now you need to show some with the names of the members. Always nice to put a face with a name. Arch, How about a 3rd times the charm? In NY you could finish higher? Unfortunetly, they are enforcing the batterie (although modified) rule starting at that race. SO All of the racers going to the finals, you need to get the approved batteries.
I think Rodney goes by RCKid on here:

Starting left to right, Shannon, don't recall his nic here, center latency, right Skrogger79

And here is Sasso and West. Think you should be able figure which is which. Those guys take their F1 enthusiasium very seriously! Very cool to watch those guys race. Like a mini F1 race without the ear plugs.

Rest of the folks just lurk here, or I don't know their forum nics.

KoPropo Helios 10EX

Last edited by latency; 2004.02.22 at 03:15 PM.
Old 2004.02.22, 03:52 PM   #12
rckid1
Mini-Z Nerd

great day of racin

Mod MR-01 Blue chassis, roll shock, x speed, red alum. screws, kyosho sp turning tirods and kuckles, diff, corvette, bearings

Mod MR-02 Enoz custom, BBS alum rims, st. steel king pins, red chassis, x speed, oil shock, diff, bearings
rckid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.22, 03:56 PM   #13
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

Thank you. It is always nice to put a face with a name. It's always funny too that after you do have it, it dosn't always fit in with what you imangiened. Glad you all had a good time. I was actually in Cleveland that morning/afternoon (airport stopover) and was wishing I could make it there.

The early bird gets the worm, But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!
PAULANGELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.22, 04:34 PM   #14
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally posted by PAULANGELO
....It's always funny too that after you do have it, it dosn't always fit in with what you imangiened....
that is the same thing i was thinking despite my noteable online persona, i am just an average joe you would never recognize in a crowd
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.22, 04:41 PM   #15
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

alright, in addition to latency's pics, here's some more from the event. Look under sedan series pages 8 and 9

http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/westf1

also F1 series page 1 but those were courtesy of latency, just with comments added.

(I'd a had more pics but was also trying to put together a vid for my wife and little ones since they couldn't make it)

Latency- great pics man. keep em coming

Arch- glad you made it home safe despite the ill weather.

PaulAngelo- take lots of pics from the NY event. Would love to see them.

Last edited by West.F1; 2004.02.22 at 05:08 PM.
West.F1 is offline   Reply With Quote