Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.10.21, 05:44 PM   #1
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

What are you doing with your Mini-Zs today?

This is a place to check in and describe progress, projects and accomplishments. I am sure someone else, somewhere out there is tinkering too.

What am I doing with my Mini-Zs today?

A few hours became free time and I was able to sort more stuff into theirs place, that helped a bunch. Work just started on a set of 4 MR-03 RWDs to get them ready for Kyosho Stock class racing . First job will be swapping out all the bushings for bearings, should be fun...

Anybody?
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.10.21, 05:53 PM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I'm finishing up building a GLR chassis. It's almost ready for testing.

I plan to build an 86mm mini-z in the next week or two.

I recently got a mini tile rcp track that needs to be setup, which will have some somewhat dedicated small track cars, hence the 86mm setup.
Old 2018.10.21, 07:41 PM   #3
SuperFly
bitPimp

Just had an awesome 5pm–3am session last night, with just two of us, a large track, and a lap timer in practice mode. We just got the lap timer bridge built, software installed, and just received the RCP expansion kit with extra blank and straight pieces, so it was great to be able to jump in and soak in it for a while.

I'm finding that I enjoy building up cars and painting bodies as much as I do driving them. So lately, I've been doing a lot of shuffling through old parts and derelict chassis, order a few missing pieces, and building cars out of junk. Also have been making a return to shorter wheelbases and dropping DasMikro ASF boards into MR02 chassis.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z

Last edited by SuperFly; 2018.10.21 at 08:43 PM.
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.10.21, 08:16 PM   #4
herman

Quote:
I plan to build an 86mm mini-z in the next week or two.
Interesting... would love to see a pic of your set up, and pretty curious about what body you'll be using...

Quote:
Just had an awesome 5pm–3am session last night, with just two of us, a large track, and a lap timer in practice mode. We just got the lap timer bridge built, software installed,
What laptimer are you guys using these days? Also what software is most preferred?

Thanks in advance for any reply...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.10.21, 08:23 PM   #5
EMU
EMUracing

Reviving old cars is so much fun. I love reinventing setups on oleds cars from parts in the bin. You don't realize how much you have until you start going through it all. I have a few MR02 cars that I plan to revive.
Old 2018.10.21, 08:27 PM   #6
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
Interesting... would love to see a pic of your set up, and pretty curious about what body you'll be using...

What laptimer are you guys using these days? Also what software is most preferred?

Thanks in advance for any reply...
I ordered an I-Lap decoder + two sensors ($220). For software, one of the guys in my club, the legendary Blaine, wrote some excellent software I highly recommend: Next Level Timing. It's free, Mac + Windows, and has a really great practice mode that calls out lap times, fast laps consistency. Logs all races and practice sessions. Remembers transponders/racers. It has about 50 voices to choose from in all major languages.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
Old 2018.10.21, 08:32 PM   #7
herman

As for me... been mostly in lurk mode on these forums and checking in, looking and reading posts that seem interesting... and post once in a while (case in point)...

For me I recently got some das mikro stuff that I hope to test...
- their 2.4ghz boards got 3 to install (plan to replace a busted mr03, convert an AM mr015 board to 2.4, and finally convert another AM F1 to 2.4...

- also got some of their transponders that are supposed to work with the robitronic lap counter system. Would appreciate any info regarding what software to run with robitronic... total newbie here...

So far that's about it...
Old 2018.10.21, 08:34 PM   #8
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
As for me... been mostly in lurk mode on these forums and checking in, looking and reading posts that seem interesting... and post once in a while (case in point)...

For me I recently got some das mikro stuff that I hope to test...
- their 2.4ghz boards got 3 to install (plan to replace a busted mr03, convert an AM mr015 board to 2.4, and finally convert another AM F1 to 2.4...

- also got some of their transponders that are supposed to work with the robitronic lap counter system. Would appreciate any info regarding what software to run with robitronic... total newbie here...

So far that's about it...
That software I linked should work with most systems and decoders, it's not I-lap specific.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
Old 2018.10.21, 08:56 PM   #9
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
That software I linked should work with most systems and decoders, it's not I-lap specific.
Good to know, I will have to check it out. Thanks...
Old 2018.10.21, 09:03 PM   #10
EMU
EMUracing

Z-round should also work with robotronic transponders.

From my limited knowledge, the easy-lap transponders are robotronic protocol.

Should we add pics of current projects to this thread?
Old 2018.10.21, 09:08 PM   #11
SuperFly
bitPimp

I should clarify, from his site:

Quote:
SUPPORTED DECODERS
Trackmate Iridium RC lap counter
I-LapRC Race Timing System
Orange Lap RC
Easy Lap Serial Decoder
Easy Lap USB Decoder (windows only)
Send us feedback to get other hardware supported

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
Old 2018.10.22, 09:22 AM   #12
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
I should clarify, from his site:
I have the Easy Lap system so I will take a look tonight. Thanks again...
Old 2018.10.22, 08:41 PM   #13
herman

Thanks for response guys... so what I gather software that can run on robtronic - zround/i-lap/easy lap would next level timing work?

I got to do another search... maybe all of my questions have been answered already...

Many thanks again...
Old 2018.10.22, 08:52 PM   #14
herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Reviving old cars is so much fun. I love reinventing setups on oleds cars from parts in the bin. You don't realize how much you have until you start going through it all. I have a few MR02 cars that I plan to revive.
Agree... I remember having a mr01 with that iconic clk body... was built like a tank and almost bulletproof until you busted a servo gear (which was pretty hard to do with the clk body) and swapped it out with the aluminum servo gears...

I also remember trying to set up a mr01 with the least hop up performance parts that would make it competitive... if I can remember it right, it just boiled down to... tires, bearings, cf plate, ball diff and top shock... oh and having an x speed and modded stack fets didn't hurt either... lol

Also remember having a pretty solid mr02.. ah those were the days... if only I can get to a track... soon though, I hope...
Old 2018.10.22, 09:13 PM   #15
EMU
EMUracing

I see more track into in the Philippines lately... none near you?