Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.01.25, 08:12 AM   #46
mini-z
Administrator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2EZ View Post
Lighten up this is a great site and worth puting up with the side bar if it helps keep the site growing and improving.
Thanks 2EZ! Without a few positive comments like this in the maelstrom of this thread, you'd probably be looking at a "The Forums are Closed while Mini-Z attempts to piece his laptop together after violently ejecting it through a window!" message right now.
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.25, 08:12 AM   #47
mini-z
Administrator

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
ITS BIGGER!!! it was 50% of my screen on the previous page!!! 1600x1200 resolution LOL...
Try now D - are you using IE?
Old 2008.01.25, 08:17 AM   #48
mini-z
Administrator

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfcparts View Post
No sir I don't like it...

Having stuff in stock with timely ticket responses may produce better sales than those annoying ads... but if they are paying some bills to help in said items and in keeping hop up prices manageable, I can't complain.
Thanks Mr. Horse! One of the many goals that the sidebar is attempting to realize is increasing ad revenue, so that precisely as you surmised, instead of the Shop allocating an immense portion of profits to running the sites, sponsoring events, and fostering local racing, we can provide a new revenue stream that will help cover some of these costs, providing more capital for new shop inventory etc.
Old 2008.01.25, 08:18 AM   #49
mini-z
Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I just thought I'd post my results as people are still having discrepancies - the sidebar on mine has been this size for 2 - 3 days, since the change after the first round of complaints. I'm on 1440x900 and it's a great size this end:

Jonny
Thanks J - this helped me determine that it's only IE users that are experiencing the new width problem - which should now be fixed.
Old 2008.01.25, 08:19 AM   #50
mini-z
Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
the color is better, anyone feel that it's larger now? or is that just me.. it's almost half my screen now.

is this what the rest of you are seeing? I've attached a screen shot. I sized it down from the normal with of 1680 x 1050.

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/sidebar.jpg
B, this was invaluable in diagnosing the issue - please try again now, it appeared to be a problem w/ IE only, which is why FF users were reporting a vast improvement, while IE users remained baffled as it seemed to get even bigger for them. Thanks!
Old 2008.01.25, 08:47 AM   #51
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
It is now a fixed uniform width... on all pages.

And yes... Internet Exploiter.
Old 2008.01.25, 09:16 AM   #52
Jonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z View Post
Thanks J - this helped me determine that it's only IE users that are experiencing the new width problem - which should now be fixed.
Ah of course! Doh, I should have picked that up...

I'm glad it's all good now, it certainly doesn't intrude and will without a doubt be beneficial.

Jonny
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.25, 09:37 AM   #53
briankstan

D.

Just wanted to report that what I'm seeing now (for the size of the sidebar) works great for me.

I never had a problem with it being there. just the size (apparently only for IE users) was really making it hard to focus on the posts.

I'm sure I can speak for everyone in saying "thank you" for your continued support of our favorite hobby. sometimes we get frusterated, but you always take our opinions to heart and we all appreciate it.

Again this is the best place for Mini-Z anything. I'm happy to be apart of it.

Thanks
Old 2008.01.25, 09:39 AM   #54
briankstan

oh, one more note.

I still notice that after you move down about 4 post that you can't see the sidebar it's just blank space.

I don't know if this is possible, but I have seen then on some sites that the ads move down as the screen is scrolled down, just a thought?

it would work great for the Shop and News portions.
Old 2008.01.25, 10:16 AM   #55
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
oh, one more note.

I still notice that after you move down about 4 post that you can't see the sidebar it's just blank space.

I don't know if this is possible, but I have seen then on some sites that the ads move down as the screen is scrolled down, just a thought?

it would work great for the Shop and News portions.
Scripts that do that are usually very annoying on some systems... slowing the scroll of the page down, taking longer to load... and flashing/blinking because it doesnt move, it regenerates the entire area that moves each time the window scrolls... over and over...
Old 2008.01.27, 05:35 PM   #56
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

Send a message via AIM to 2EZ
Thanks Mini-z I fine so much good in this site I read it almost every day and have learned and applied much making my enjoyment of the hobby greater Thanks for your work and the efforts of this site making Miniz's and small scale RC that much more fun.
And thanks for listening to us who read and post to this site!!

Last edited by 2EZ; 2008.01.27 at 05:37 PM.
2EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.03, 07:21 PM   #57
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

I know that most of the folks that visit the forums are grown men, I just wonder if the Jessica Simpson adds and others of its nature are appropriate for younger people looking to get into the hobby.
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.03, 07:47 PM   #58
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicsoul View Post
I know that most of the folks that visit the forums are grown men, I just wonder if the Jessica Simpson adds and others of its nature are appropriate for younger people looking to get into the hobby.
what would lead you to believe we would even consider that kind of advertising material? just asking as it seems so off the wall as to be confusing.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.03, 11:27 PM   #59
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

I have never seen anything questionable on the site before. Earlier today I was suprised to see several adds with Jessica Simpson in compromising situations. They where at the top of the page underneath the menu bar. I am not trying to be off the wall or confusing. I think the site is great and a wonderfull resource.
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.04, 06:36 AM   #60
byebye

Get screenshot next time.

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote