Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.09.25, 04:32 PM   #1
Santy
Spare Parts Racing

Send a message via MSN to Santy
Feedback section?

why isnt there a feedback section?
1 Overland
3 MR 01 demo derby cars
Santy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.25, 05:50 PM   #2
addicted

feedback for what? :O
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.25, 06:09 PM   #3
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
If you mean for the Marketplace,generally people post in the thread for the item they bought,once they receive it.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.25, 06:25 PM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
feedback for members, in terms of reputation?

i've seen way to many of these 'feedback' forums end up nothing but online points to bicker about he said, she said. you rarely end up with much useful information rather ranting threads and bitter arguments over sales gone wrong. i prefer to keep all that off the forum.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.25, 09:16 PM   #5
Santy
Spare Parts Racing

Send a message via MSN to Santy
good point, only reason i asked was that i had a great deal with a member, an wanted to let people know he was a good guy to trust
1 Overland
3 MR 01 demo derby cars
Santy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.25, 09:44 PM   #6
arch2b

you can post a nice reply to their marketplace post
Old 2009.09.25, 10:01 PM   #7
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
you can post a nice reply to their marketplace post
I'd only suggest a system that XmodSource forums use- market place-only feedback. Each point includes a brief description of that transaction from both parties and a link to the pertaining thread. I like that thing because you don't have to dig through heaps of threads just to see whether the seller/buyer is reputable or not.

As far as general reputation system, I wholeheartedly agree- its absolutely useless.
Old 2009.09.26, 04:32 AM   #8
paul_england
zip it up

tbh i think most people just judge weather they are reputable by their postcount.
paul_england is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.26, 07:43 AM   #9
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_england View Post
tbh i think most people just judge weather they are reputable by their postcount.
Reputable as a seller is something someone has/is from there upbringing. It has nothing to do with postcount. Back in the old days you would make a deal face to face.....now it is computer to computer. Whatever you do in life treat the other like you want to be treated aka the golden rule.....

In this forum scammers dont last because word of mouth travels fast.....
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.26, 08:27 AM   #10
paul_england
zip it up

this is what i mean by postcount, if they managed to get over say 500 posts they must have not been scamming or they would have been banned before reaching this point, although a feedback system would be a good idea.
paul_england is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.26, 09:12 AM   #11
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
Quote:
Postcount is NOT the best way to tell.Take this as an example,which you yourself had problems with. Click me.

This is part of the reason why the 50 posts rule exists in the marketplace,the idea is by the time you have reached 50 you will know the site fairly well and have seen plenty of deals go through and feedback left in those threads.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.26, 09:37 AM   #12
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
I appreciate it when people tell me that they have received their items purchased from me and that they are happy. But I don't think an ebay-feedback score is necessary in a forum like this.
If the buyer wishes to leave a positive feedback that is great.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.26, 11:12 AM   #13
arch2b

Quote:
this is what i mean by postcount, if they managed to get over say 500 posts they must have not been scamming or they would have been banned before reaching this point, although a feedback system would be a good idea.
post count, to me, is not a good marker of ones knowledge or reputation exactly. it serves it's purpose to show extent of interaction with which others are provided an opportunity to gauge your worth so to speak. this goes along with what kryten is saying.

but in terms of knowledge and reputation, post count means nothing. i say this with a smile as i can clearly point to a valid example.
would you rather read cristian's posts or mine? i don't think anyone's post count comes close to mine and likely never will. at the same time, i can tell you honestly that members like cristian offer far more content in what they've posted than i have, proportionally. id like to think i've offered some very good content in the course of my record setting post count but proportionally, it doesn't come close. i'm posting frequently by necessity many times, etc. etc. it's clear to anyone and everyone that cristian knows and can explain in far more detail information regarding various aspects of this hobby than i can.

it always gets me when on other forums, members celebrate post counts like some rite of passage or that it elevates them to some higher level of reputation. in reality, that little number means absolutely nothing other than you've posted that specific number of times. in vain, i've tried to point this out only to get angry rebuttles with juvenile reasoning.
Old 2009.09.26, 11:18 AM   #14
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
It's not how much you say, it's what you say.

Last edited by marc; 2009.09.26 at 11:21 AM.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.26, 12:02 PM   #15
bermbuster
GF Racing

quality is always better than quanity......

Being scammed has varying degrees as well.....
outright rip off (never ships)
misrepresentation of quality (this is my favorite)
What is New??? Did you ever see some ads New MR015 only driven 10 minutes.....
Damage in shipping
Slow shipping

All the above except the outright rip off can be sorted through w the proper questions and pictures.
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote