Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.10.25, 10:44 AM   #31
ChiMiniRc

This is the video I took showing how the body mounts work for the bodies they will provide.

They also will be selling adapters to use your mini-z bodies. What I'm not clear is the rear end. It looks like they are going to have you add something to back of your autoscale. And from my own fitment, nearly every body has the sideclips hitting the motor. May need to remove the sideclips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trC9hVEQyRM
ChiMiniRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.25, 01:10 PM   #32
color01

I like their system, actually. For an AWD, independent suspension car it never made sense to me why you shouldn't mount the body at the front and rear of the chassis as opposed to front and middle. It also looks like the mounts will be easily portable to Mini-Z bodies, they really just glue in under the hood and trunk.

That said, it does not look like the mounts will appreciate a lot of crash damage... they do look a little flimsy considering the types of crashes some of us speedfreaks can get into. Maybe the Lexan bodies absorb a lot of this impact (where can I get one of those Lexan Evo X's, actually?) but those mounts on an ASC body may not fare so well.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.25, 01:16 PM   #33
ChiMiniRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by color01 View Post
I like their system, actually. For an AWD, independent suspension car it never made sense to me why you shouldn't mount the body at the front and rear of the chassis as opposed to front and middle. It also looks like the mounts will be easily portable to Mini-Z bodies, they really just glue in under the hood and trunk.

That said, it does not look like the mounts will appreciate a lot of crash damage... they do look a little flimsy considering the types of crashes some of us speedfreaks can get into. Maybe the Lexan bodies absorb a lot of this impact (where can I get one of those Lexan Evo X's, actually?) but those mounts on an ASC body may not fare so well.
The manufacturer is into licensed die cast models so they will be producing their own lexan bodies for the car.
Old 2010.10.25, 11:43 PM   #34
will3kgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by color01 View Post
Looks decent actually. Can you confirm if the wheels are the same as MA-010 wheels?

Also if you have any larger pictures of the car components I'm sure we can ID some of them (servo, motor, etc.). Keep us posted!
The wheels are interchangable with MA-010 wheels.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.26, 03:58 AM   #35
syafiq
moe-otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMiniRc View Post
This isn't from Kyosho. This is from Sun Star, makers of some nice die cast cars.

There was a bit of a communications gap so I'm not 100% sure on all of this.
  • Rolling Chassis (+ motor + servo) $80
  • RTR, with ESC and 2.4ghz combo $149
  • Target is 1/10 scale owners who want to supply their own electronics (RTR was using the same 2.4ghz set Hobbyking sells for surface use)
  • 4wd chassis
  • larger motor then the 130 size
  • RTR will include LiFe power and charger (not so sure here. Some type of lithium battery but not sure if LiFe or Li-ion.)
  • includes Ball Bearings
  • Uses their own body mount and bodies are lexan. Mounts are not compatible with Mini-z
  • Doesn't have a name yet and they are looking for suggestions.

First impressions.

1. Larger motor and lithium power. It's pretty darn fast
    2. AWD makes it manageable. Much better turn in than the MA-010 Kyosho AWD.
    3. Test drive on a very bumpy track and it did pretty well.
    4. Looking forward to testing of fleet at these at the www.chiminirc.com club for durability and performance.

I've got some videos up now. Getting some pics up. Only had my phone so pics and video are ugly. Tomorrow I hope to get better pics and vids.
    http://bit.ly/dj4nZq

i just want to continue ub0211042 question.
is there any part from MA-010 that can be use on that chassis?
(can you list down the part)
syafiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.26, 09:49 AM   #36
ChiMiniRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by syafiq View Post
i just want to continue ub0211042 question.
is there any part from MA-010 that can be use on that chassis?
(can you list down the part)
I'm thinking wheels will be the only part. Maybe the drive shafts but I'll have to take it apart to figure it out.
Old 2010.10.26, 01:37 PM   #37
will3kgt

[QUOTE=will3kgt;396478]Hello friends! Hippo & I were also at the iHobby show in Chi-town and test drove this car on the track they had available.....Here's my take.

1. No BS out of the box.....the best AWD 1/28 scale car I've driven, and Ive raced 1:28 scale for 10 years.

2. The best way to descibe this is look at an XRAY M-18 and scale it down to
1/28 scale.

3. It already has bearings installed!

4. You can adjust the toe in/out.

5. Love the steering servo, and the fact that it comes with Li-Ion batts out
the box.

6. This car is FAAAAST with just the stock motor.

7. I believe they have adaptors to fit ASCs, if not, they're working on it.
I'm sure many of us won't have a problem figuring out a way. The
lexan Mitsubishi Lancer they already have for a body is quite nice.

8. 2.4Ghz & race competitive right out of the box.
Old 2010.10.26, 01:49 PM   #38
ChiMiniRc

[QUOTE=will3kgt;396515]
Quote:
Originally Posted by will3kgt View Post
Hello friends! Hippo & I were also at the iHobby show in Chi-town and test drove this car on the track they had available.....Here's my take.

1. No BS out of the box.....the best AWD 1/28 scale car I've driven, and Ive raced 1:28 scale for 10 years.

2. The best way to descibe this is look at an XRAY M-18 and scale it down to
1/28 scale.

3. It already has bearings installed!

4. You can adjust the toe in/out.

5. Love the steering servo, and the fact that it comes with Li-Ion batts out
the box.

6. This car is FAAAAST with just the stock motor.

7. I believe they have adaptors to fit ASCs, if not, they're working on it.
I'm sure many of us won't have a problem figuring out a way. The
lexan Mitsubishi Lancer they already have for a body is quite nice.

8. 2.4Ghz & race competitive right out of the box.

What's your thoughts on the batteries? I mean, without a snap in spring loaded battery tray like a mini-z, I don't see a point to run AAA anyways as I'd have to wire up a pack. But this thing with Lithium batteries is WAY faster than a mini-z so a seperate class is a must.
Old 2010.10.26, 02:03 PM   #39
will3kgt

[QUOTE=ChiMiniRc;396518]
Quote:

What's your thoughts on the batteries? I mean, without a snap in spring loaded battery tray like a mini-z, I don't see a point to run AAA anyways as I'd have to wire up a pack. But this thing with Lithium batteries is WAY faster than a mini-z so a seperate class is a must.
I've thought about that. If one wanted to use AAA batteries, they could be velcroed in after they are wired. I'm in agreement with you though, why wire up AAAs when this chassie was set up for Lithium Ion batteries. This car is fast and handles just fine right out of the box, and the runtime is great.
Old 2010.10.26, 02:51 PM   #40
ChiMiniRc

[QUOTE=will3kgt;396521]
Quote:

I've thought about that. If one wanted to use AAA batteries, they could be velcroed in after they are wired. I'm in agreement with you though, why wire up AAAs when this chassie was set up for Lithium Ion batteries. This car is fast and handles just fine right out of the box, and the runtime is great.
Have you had a chance to throw yours down on RCP yet?
I am a little worried that with the lithium batteries, there isn't enough weight down low to prevent the car from rolling.
Old 2010.10.26, 03:15 PM   #41
imxlr8ed

Would be interesting if they hook these chassis to their "platinum collection"... anyone up for racing a 1957 Cadillac around an RCP?

http://www.sunstartoys.com/index.htm

Nice rally collection on there too... might be more towards where they're going with these.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.26, 03:24 PM   #42
will3kgt

[QUOTE=ChiMiniRc;396524]
Quote:

Have you had a chance to throw yours down on RCP yet?
I am a little worried that with the lithium batteries, there isn't enough weight down low to prevent the car from rolling.
I'll throw some laps down on the RCP on 11/13. As far
as the roll issue, it can be fixed with the setup. Try using
a wider offset for starters. (+1F & +3B). Then, maybe a higher
degree tire up front. If this doesn't work......lead on the light side.
It handled fine in Chicago, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 2010.10.26, 03:30 PM   #43
ChiMiniRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed View Post
Would be interesting if they hook these chassis to their "platinum collection"... anyone up for racing a 1957 Cadillac around an RCP?

http://www.sunstartoys.com/index.htm

Nice rally collection on there too... might be more towards where they're going with these.
Dunno, they pushed their experience in die cast in terms of body availability. Me personally, I told them I wanted more american cars.

Also, at this time they do not plan on using sunstar as the name of the MFG for this product. Name of the MFG and the chassis are still up in the air.

I'd love to call it the RS28
Old 2010.10.26, 04:15 PM   #44
will3kgt

Quote:
Dunno, they pushed their experience in die cast in terms of body availability. Me personally, I told them I wanted more american cars.

Also, at this time they do not plan on using sunstar as the name of the MFG for this product. Name of the MFG and the chassis are still up in the air.

I'd love to call it the RS28
What does the RS stand for?
Old 2010.10.26, 04:19 PM   #45
ChiMiniRc

Quote:
What does the RS stand for?
Racing Sport / Race Spec. Does it matter?