Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.04.01, 11:34 AM   #16
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

At least Mooresville has said they will have rentals, they Dnano website has some rankings listed as rentals so it seems other stores are doing it. It is a good way to get someone racing with minimum investment, from there some will be hooked and join the fun. In some ways the Dnano take s the place of the Z as an entry level road course racing scale, people can "move up" to MiniZs when they want more tunability and speed.
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.01, 11:35 AM   #17
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Maybe I was being a little negative about them. If I'm going to race I want my own, however, I don't know if I can afford it. Especially considering my job right now is only temporary and will be over in two weeks. I'm making decent money now but basically it won't last.

Concerned about sending off your precious Mini-Z? Don't be!
Action B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.01, 06:04 PM   #18
Saman2014
Xmods Veteran (need a Z)

Send a message via AIM to Saman2014 Send a message via Yahoo to Saman2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
B, Take this as an oppertunity to get in new Z folks. Since you are a small group, you dont stand to lose many members to dNaNo. The people Ive met from your group (Nate, Mike, Maya, yourself) arent going to abonden MiniZ just cause something else comes along. If anything you guys will get some free exposure for small scale high grade cars. Maybe the LHS will put a dNaNo booth up at NKon in your small scale RC section!?

People are using MiniZ as a gateway RC all the time. People get a MiniZ, then an MRS4, then TC, etc.. Now you can capitalize on the people who start one scale smaller Dont think Im knocking the dNaNo tech, because Im totally impressed by it, but when it comes down to it, the MiniZs are more tunable, more drivable, more detailed, and they have TONS of aftermarket parts support. MiniZ is the next logical step up for people who want to take it.

Also, if the store gets a customer base from dNaNo, then the customer base is interested in MiniZ, youll have a better shot at getting them to support you. Its hard for 3-5 people to convince a store to get/keep anything, but if youve got 10-15 (or more) folks running dNaNos who are spending money in there, and interested in MIniZs, you may have something.

Keep positive! Keep your head up, and be ready to jump on the oppertunity to show your cars, and driving off whenever you can. Also, be real careful not to steer people away from dNaNos (while steering them towards Zs), cause if they dont buy those from your LHS, your LHS wont be interested in moving forward!
Your right! and brandon, if your not in the dNaNo boat, Im not. if you choose to stick with Z's ill stick with them, without you I dont know what the next step is in progressing and I dont have your experience. I rely on you to guide and teach me. I know nothing and am very knew, I had an Xmod 1 year before I met you and I was dying to find out how to upgrade it, I looked at so much **** asking my parents if I could get it, in CA for christmas I bought the batteries and Stage 2 engine just so I could find a group to race with and to have an edge. I knew nothing about the similarities and differencs of Mini-Zs and Xmods until you showed me. You showed me the next step is to get a Z, preferably an MR-010 AWD. Then what? thats were you come in once again. I just thought that if you tried dNaNos, I might as well. (I also need someone with soldering skills for wires and FET's"
Old 2009.04.01, 08:15 PM   #19
Saman2014
Xmods Veteran (need a Z)

Anyone have an extra $350 dollars? I want to get all of this stuff to make "Super Z"

Kyosho 30569MB Mini-Z ReadySet MA-010 AWD Lancer Evo X Metallic Blue

$199.99
$199.99

V2.2 Regulated Power Board

$49.99
$49.99

Atomic MO-006 Stock R Evolution Motor

$28.99
$28.99

Atomic Mini-Z AWD Delrin Motor Pinion Gear Set

$4.39
$4.39

Mini-Z AWD Shielded Bearing Set

$12.99
$12.99

Atomic Mini-Z AWD Short Springs - No5 Blue
$2.99
$5.98

Atomic Mini-Z AWD Black Split Star Narrow Wheel 0 Offset

$3.99
$7.98

Atomic AWD094 Drifting Tire Set 8.5mm

$4.49
$8.98

Enjoy AWD116 RC Rim Lights - Red

$12.99
$12.99

Tires - Slick 8.5mm 10°

$3.99
$7.98

Sub Total: $340.26

Estimated Shipping:

* $9.96 - UPS Ground
* $27.95 - UPS Second Day Air
* $64.24 - UPS Next Day Air
Old 2009.04.01, 09:00 PM   #20
pinoyboy

Send a message via AIM to pinoyboy Send a message via MSN to pinoyboy Send a message via Yahoo to pinoyboy
I would pass on V2.2 Regulated Power Board. Just get a 2x2 stack of 8858 fets
Old 2009.04.02, 09:50 AM   #21
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
After doing a considerable amount of parts wrangling this past weekend, I now have two fully functional MA010s, and our "parts car" is fully functional except for a blown diff.

I still owe Mleemor60 for one of them, but if you want a Z we can probably work something out, Saman.

I'm going to get a nano, but it's not going to be until June or July. It's just not in my budget until then.
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 10:24 AM   #22
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

If you will settle for a stock unit I will send you one.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 05:33 PM   #23
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Well, Lets do something to get this kid a Z. I just ordered a used transmitter and I have that old enzo body.....

Mike are you referring do a Z for Saman or a Dnano for Nate?

You guys have convinced me that this isn't so bad. I may have been a little negative. If hobbytown is supporting kyosho I will try and save so that I can be out there with some new interested people in the future. It might be a while but I'll race those too I guess. Thanks for all your input! You guys have made me see this in a more positive light.

Old 2009.04.02, 05:39 PM   #24
Saman2014
Xmods Veteran (need a Z)

If Brandon gives me his green half painted Enzo I will get the HFAY motor and a Calsonic Body, not skyline but GTR!!!! My fave car used to be the skyline r34 but now I have to move on to the GTR r35 so Im really exited about that. My current Xmod is a GTR. I will put my wing on the Enzo untill I get the GTR and maybe replace the GTR wing with mine. Plus I have a hood scoop.
Old 2009.04.02, 09:20 PM   #25
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
Well, Lets do something to get this kid a Z. I just ordered a used transmitter and I have that old enzo body.....

Mike are you referring do a Z for Saman or a Dnano for Nate?

You guys have convinced me that this isn't so bad. I may have been a little negative. If hobbytown is supporting kyosho I will try and save so that I can be out there with some new interested people in the future. It might be a while but I'll race those too I guess. Thanks for all your input! You guys have made me see this in a more positive light.
AWD dif unit
Old 2009.04.02, 09:30 PM   #26
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
Yeah, that'd be great Mike, and greatly appreciated
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 09:37 PM   #27
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
let me know if i can help out in any way.

i'll be getting a dnano in a couple months after i have a chance to save some money.

look at it this way, get the people in with the dnano and hook them with the mini-z one can serve to transition to another.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 10:32 PM   #28
Saman2014
Xmods Veteran (need a Z)

I think we can convince the people with the dNaNos that Mini-Zs are the next step after dNaNos to get them interested and show them all the possibilities
Old 2009.04.03, 12:32 AM   #29
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Mike, you remember that destroyed dif from mayas car lol. That's the one in the extra car. Just ket me know I can send a couple bucks for it.

Old 2009.04.03, 07:17 AM   #30
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I am sending one out to Nate today. I would rather that you spent a couple bucks on Maya. She's my hero.