Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.10.06, 04:31 PM   #16
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

A preliminary completed circuit has been submitted for approval along with a loose schedule. As soon as I hear from the powers that be I will tune the schedule into a reasonable format with specific times for the action. I will also get the finished layout posted as well. I can say this so far. The track will be quite fast and very challenging for all levels of driver. Remember this is an open competition event and speeds are expected to be, how should we say, excessive. Hopefully all the big guns from along the East Coast will find their way to this event. Left Coaster's are certainly welcome. Bragging rights are at stake. Here is a real opportunity to show off all the new Pro-28's, MRCG's, Sinister's and home built creations that are lurking in the wing's waiting for the chance to show off.

More to come. Soon.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.13, 09:18 AM   #17
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Reflex racing has just joined in as a contributer to the NEKOCON 11 event. The quality of their products and their participation through prize donations will add to the competitive level of the event. Thanks to Cristian and Joe for joining us.
Old 2008.10.13, 10:13 AM   #18
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
awsome!

i've been reminding people in va/md abotu nekocon adn i hope a few come out.

will any of the nc driver make it?

glad to hear reflex has jumped in on this. great bunch of guys.

lets just hope i don't get stuck with a trial for jury duty
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.13, 10:38 AM   #19
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Currently looking at at least 4 from NC and at least 2 from SC.
Old 2008.10.13, 10:40 AM   #20
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

My son Zak and I will be coming up from NC. Look forward to meeting, and racing with you all. I know Landon from SC will be coming up.

Pedro
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.13, 12:22 PM   #21
imxlr8ed

I'm planning to attend... I'm planning to re-work my cars this next month, and I can't do that if I go to Vegas, NekoCon fits my budget a little better.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.13, 01:54 PM   #22
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

It will be a pleasure metting you. Would you please try to talk the Gasman into coming also. I owe him a drink or 12 for his help with the Core System.

My goal for this event is to have at least 63 total entries for all three classes.
That will give us an A,B,and C in each group.

If we can show a good turn out and a competitive event it will set the stage for an even bigger showdown for 2009.
Old 2008.10.13, 02:49 PM   #23
Daddy Rabbit

mlee,

I look foward to meeting you again up in in Hampton, the diablo was fun, what little i was able to see, looikng foward to the next.

Landon and I plan to race in all three events at NekoCon, but if i can be of any help, depending on the final schedule, let me know.

Being that we will be racing in an open space, we will need to bring our own pit tables and some portable driving stands, is this correct?
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.13, 04:16 PM   #24
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Andy, I will need to check on that. I believe that tables and chairs are going to be supplied but I'm going to verify it.
Old 2008.10.13, 04:42 PM   #25
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

We will be there? I think.

I am pretty sure me and earl will be there. Hope fully I will be able to run a little better than I did at the ALS race. Anyway hope to see you all soon!

Jay
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.13, 05:46 PM   #26
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Just heard from Phillip Ng. Despite having to handle the PN Worlds Phillip and PN will also be contributing prizes and give aways for the NEKOCON.

The event is picking up momentum as it grows closer. With a little bit of help from all who plan to attend this event could take on a life of it's own as the Premier annual open competition throwdown of the year. Come on right coasters. Let's get together and show the rest of the Country how it's done.
Old 2008.10.13, 09:30 PM   #27
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Ed, I guess I wont have to wait until december for our F1 rematch It will be more fun to do it in person too.

Pedro, I cant wait to chase you around the track again! Im guessing youll be bringing your AWD. I just reset my PN car up wit ha Stock R so Ill have some heat ro run with against ya

Jay, Im looking forward to getting to race you again as well. we still need to try and get is SC and NC guys together more.

Ive been tlaking it up a bit at our local spot as well. There are a few poeple who have shwn interest, so maybe we can come with more than just my dad and I.

Mike, The sponsership deals are sounding better and better. Maybe now that those big names have signed up some others will follow suit! This looks like its going to be one fun weekend.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.14, 07:58 AM   #28
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
Hey guys, here's the track lay out. Chibi-Motegi!

This should be a very exciting track. As there will be amateur racing, the track will probably be split into two loops for a good portion of the day, but the main events will be run on the entire thing.

I believe we'll have all the tables we need. Not so sure about chairs. You'll probably want an extension cord and power strip as well. Plenty of power available, it just isn't always where you want it to be.
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.14, 02:24 PM   #29
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

This event looks like it's really coming together nicely, I'm going to try and clear up my schedule so I can make this event.. It'll be nice to get a chance to run with hrdrvr and cosmicsoul again.. The track layout looks really nice as well..
TALLGEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.20, 11:35 AM   #30
Daddy Rabbit

mlee,

I would like to make hotel reservations.
Do know if the non novice are running Fri, Sat & Sun or just two days?
Also if you have an idea when qualifying and the mains are going to run,
even if all you have is a window.

I looks like it is shaping up to be a nice event.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote