Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Washington DC Area GTG, MD/VA/DC

Old 2006.11.26, 07:25 PM   #1
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

DC Regional Planning Thread (reading PA 12/16-12/17)

Hey Guys,

I am hoping for this to be a catch-all for the DC guys and the Regional up in PA the weekend of December 16th and 17th.

First Questions...
Who is planning to go?
Arch
Spoon
SoyVerde
The Ringer
CCSON ???
KEN ???

Cars to Bring
F1
"Stock" Racer Class (3010 or 3004 legal, Any stock FET motor)
Open Class
HFAY (we are going to try and run our DC HFAY races for December)

Directions, Rules and Track Layouts available on MZR and DOW forums.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.26, 07:44 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
excellent idea.

i will be bringing both pitboxes. this will include all my cars however i intend to only race the ones needed for the classes and dec hfay. the rest are always in there so they just stay in there.

about boarding.... soy has emailed me info on a good place to stay. i would like to make reservation as soon as i can which is hte first week of dec. what about the rest of you guys?

i liek the idea of car pooling as it makes the drive a bit easier but if anyone has time limits or special considerations that require travling seperatley, please feel free to speak up. my son and i will have my two boxes and one small suitcase.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.26, 08:23 PM   #3
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Rooms and Carpooling

I saw that link that Soy sent and it looks good to me. If you are willing to share I would go half with you Arch.

I would like to get an idea of what the schedule is going to be like so I know when I have to leave town to get to you. If we can work it out I wouldn't mind carpooling up there. I'll be glad to chip in for gas. Any time I can spend not driving would be nice.

I should be able to fit everything in my two boxes.
Old 2006.11.27, 09:09 AM   #4
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

I sent arch an updated link with the correct date (we should probably reserve for Sat. rather than Fri.). I'm happy to provide the minivan for carpooling, hopefully you and The Ringer won't end up driving into the wee hours of Monday as well.
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.27, 09:19 AM   #5
imxlr8ed

Threw out a schedule on this thread... let me know if you guys have any issue with it...

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/sho...t=23202&page=2

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.29, 09:45 PM   #6
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Schedule looks good imx. If we are getting there around 9 and leaving Arch's around 7 (maybe earlier) I don't really want to think about when I have to leave C-ville! I'll worry about that later.

With the huge setup that we are going to have, I am wondering if it's going to be faster to setup my stock car a little hotter than HFAY stock. I think the AD Band MR02 is going to be the choice for Mod but I am wondering if I should take the nelly off of the AWD and run that as a slightly hotter stock car.

I know all of our races are won in the corners but that 20' straight has got me thinking...

and F1...I haven't even driven my F1 in a couple of months, maybe I should put that back together...
Old 2006.11.30, 08:56 AM   #7
imxlr8ed

Here's my list... hopefully...

Stock

575GTC or an Enzo (haven't decided yet)
PN Speedy motor
8 or 9 tooth gear
3004 fets
alloy 0 degree knuckles
bearings
alloy wheel nuts
stock plastic wheels
8 degree tires all around

F1

Panasonic Toyota
Kyosho diff
PN Speedy motor
9 tooth gear
may change board over to 3010s... not sure yet.
23 degree fronts, 20 degree rears

Outlaw

Not sure what kind of stack I'm gonna put on this one yet, but I wanna get my AWD out and running sometime next week, thanks to EMU, I now have the parts to get it back together and running. I'll probably run a stock body on it.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.12.03, 03:50 PM   #8
arch2b

well, ran out of money this pay period in record time no more moeny to spend on the new awd, pit box or micro-t. good news is i get paid again right before this trip so i should have plenty for the actual trip.

i returned your email soy re: the hotel. i cc'ed spoon as well.
Old 2006.12.03, 04:23 PM   #9
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
well, ran out of money this pay period in record time no more moeny to spend on the new awd, pit box or micro-t. good news is i get paid again right before this trip so i should have plenty for the actual trip.

i returned your email soy re: the hotel. i cc'ed spoon as well.
reservation made.
Old 2006.12.03, 04:39 PM   #10
arch2b

excellent.

osy, is there anything you need us to bring? do we need snacks for the drive?

do we want to work out the driving schedule? assuming soy doesn't want to do the whole trip himself.
Old 2006.12.04, 08:38 AM   #11
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Bring whatever you'd like...I'm good to do the drive myself (long trips don't bother me, and this isn't all that long). We just need to work out a good starting time from your place on Saturday (i.e. 6:30am, 7am, etc.) so we know when to get there.
Old 2006.12.04, 08:54 AM   #12
arch2b

as early as you would like. i'd rather be early sat. than late.
Old 2006.12.10, 05:32 PM   #13
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Okay, I have been giving this a lot of thought. Is there any objection to meeting at Archs at 7-7:15? That would get us there by 10:00 easily.

Here's the thing. Soy offered to put me up for Friday but I think that only saves me an hour of driving and it's always a little rough to not sleep at home. So I am thinking if I leave Charlottesville at 5:00 I can get to Arch's by 7:00. It usually takes me 2.5 with a decent amount of traffic and it;s typically 2 to get home so I think 2 hours at 5 in the morning should be doable.

I know the doors open at 9 but if you guys are willing to spare me an hour (maybe less) I could do the drive up on Saturday.

If you guys are itching to get there at 9, just speak up and I'll probably come up on Friday night.
Old 2006.12.10, 05:55 PM   #14
arch2b

i don't have to get up as early so pick an arrival time and lets work backwards from thier.
you guys are meeting me here so whenever you want to get here is up to you guys. just let me know and i'll be ready.

i also started charging all my batteries since it's been a few weeks. this way all i have to do is top them back off in pa. oh, go figure... i plug in my lacrosse for the heck of it and it's now working fine.
Old 2006.12.10, 08:37 PM   #15
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

7 o'clock should be fine. My practice track has been torn down for the better part of two months now, so I'm going into this with lowered expectations anyway. I'll be happy if I show up with a couple of running cars and enough batteries.