Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.01.05, 02:06 PM   #46
J-Milz

My, look how the mini have grown! All grown up.

Last edited by J-Milz; 2015.01.05 at 06:07 PM.
J-Milz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.05, 05:22 PM   #47
machgo5go
DJ Eddie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge View Post
Wheelbase is 114mm
Width front is 76
Width rear is 78
Like to know where this wheelbase no. information came from since it does not seem to be correct?
114 mm seems to be way too long but will know in few weeks when our 1st. batch orders comes in.
MR-03 S2K Narrow AT60T Nihm
MR-03 BRZ Narrow PN70T Nihm
MR-03 Enzo Ferrari GT Concept Xspeed SP2012
MR-03VE 2005 NSXGT AT 12000KV w/Lipo
MR-02 Nissan R390 GT Lemans 39T PN
AMZ Benz TC 8500KV
X Power IDT Ultra 5600KV Audi
X Power IMT Ultra 6800KV M3
MB-010 FT86 Comic Racer 39T PN
MF-015 Mclaren MP4-25 50T w/Lipo PN
MR-01 Mugen NSX-GT 02 X Speed Retired
dNaNo FX-101MM T2 XANAVI NISMO GT-R

MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " A Place To Escape from Reality"! TD
214 State St. Suite 209
Hackensack, NJ 07601. 201-820-1347
LIVE Mini-Z RACING EVERY Fri at 7 PM.
Outdoor Saturday On Road Racing 1/8GTVE,1/10TC&USGT

DG DESIGNS

Last edited by machgo5go; 2015.01.05 at 05:38 PM.
machgo5go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.05, 06:34 PM   #48
tommy_greeneyes

I think this car is going to be the same wheelbase as a mini z.I wouldn't talk Bad about this car until it comes out. I just wouldn't open up a canna worms until the product is out in the public.
Old 2015.01.05, 06:45 PM   #49
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Why doesn't somebody that might be interested in this platform contact X-Power and ask them? They have a thread on this forum. So far there hasn't been anything derogatory said of the concept except it isn't in the mini-Z class of 1/27th scale. From the photo's I have seen it does appear to be a great deal larger and probably in the 300gr or more range for weight.

Let's get X-Power to post some specs for the car.Real hard numbers for comparison with the MRX and the various other platforms it is supposed to be similar to.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.05, 07:05 PM   #50
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
they have not been responsive of late see the questions posted regarding motors...

i don't think anyone is talking bad about the car... just theorizing on scale, etc.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.05, 11:45 PM   #51
huge

the info regarding wheelbase is direct from x power,
i was wondering if a miniz body would fit, so asked them via email.

"Dear Mr xxxxxxx,

XP-IDT-SPORT wheelbase is 11.4cm ,front wide 7.6cm,rear wide 7.8cm.

Thank you

Best Regards,"

i asked if it was reconfigurable to fit a mini z body

"Dear Mr xxxxxxx,

This is not a MINI Z, is another series of indoor rc. Played this IDT will be another you do not want to leave the indoor yard.

Thank you

Best Regards,"
huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.06, 06:19 AM   #52
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Good job. This will be a viable support race vehicle for large carpet events where the Z's are competing. OR. A lead class for the speed cult's that want to run the Z's as the support group with the existing MRX and Atomic offering as all out modified platforms for two different classes to bridge the gap. Something for everybody. Could be a win,win deal if handled correctly.
Old 2015.01.06, 06:05 PM   #53
egonzalez

1/24 idt

We don't have to compare the IDT to miniz or MRX because it's entirely different scale. The scale size alone should indicate that the car will be bigger then the 1/27 scale that we are used to racing. Most tracks that race 1/27 should be able to race 1/24. Miniz has lost a lot steam and I think it stems from not conforming or adapting to newer technologies. Lipo and brushless motors have been around for 10+ years and it feels like we just started adapting these technologies to this scale. I have been running MRX with lipo batteries and brushed motors because the lack of drag brakes on the board. IDT solves this isssue and gets us one step closer to technologies used in larger scales. Maybe in the future we will have options on different speedo, servo, radio, sensored motors, etc. (open electronics)

THE PLACE FOR EVERYTHING RC

www.majsrc.com

Friday Night Mini-z Racing 7PM

<<< Team Driver for MHS / R1Wurks / DG DESIGNS >>>
egonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.06, 07:12 PM   #54
DMALMAD

If a couple of guys from each club get a chassis and race it as a class of its own on the side and then take it to the local 1/10 tc track and show off all the bells and whistles it has then we could pull all the 10 and 12th scale onroad outdoor guys that don't have anything to race over the winter. If they get invested into the idt than its only a little convincing for them to get involved in the regular mini z classes. I hope that sometime soon the big tc manufacturers realize the practically wide open market and develop some other chassis and electronics because the way x-power has handled the idt I would much rather race any other chassis than it but sadly there is not another chassis like it with sensored.

Not to get off topic but if you are considering this car DO NOT by the sensorless sport version as sensored is really the only valuable thing this car brings to the table. I am behind the chassis idea but the marketing and poor management of the release by xpower has left a sour taste in my mouth. Xpower came out with a great thing but killed a lot of interest by the price of the thing. That being said I will still get it but at a cost that I don't thin is reasonable. I ran the 03ve mrx for a while and thought that I was doing good with it but after the steering blew up on it and I went back to brushed I realized how uncontrollable the sensorless is. I picked up 2 tenths and a whole lot more consistency by switching back to brushed and what that made me really realize is that we cannot have new racers buying sensorless ve systems (the exception being that new atomic esc) and racing them because they are on/off switches that are hard to handle and are not smooth. So basically this way off topic ramble is basically saying sensored is necessary or not at all and that someone needs to step up (cough cough PN) and make something at a reasonable price that will get both newbs and 10th scale hardcore racers in to the mini z clubs and tracks.

(Steps down from the soap box) Just my two cents and I will report back when my chassis comes in to see if it was all worth it
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.06, 08:02 PM   #55
machgo5go
DJ Eddie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge View Post
the info regarding wheelbase is direct from x power,
i was wondering if a miniz body would fit, so asked them via email.

"Dear Mr xxxxxxx,

XP-IDT-SPORT wheelbase is 11.4cm ,front wide 7.6cm,rear wide 7.8cm.

Thank you

Best Regards,"

i asked if it was reconfigurable to fit a mini z body

"Dear Mr xxxxxxx,

This is not a MINI Z, is another series of indoor rc. Played this IDT will be another you do not want to leave the indoor yard.

Thank you

Best Regards,"

Even spec at 114 mm, it is not so HUGE! ;-)
Now i have the itch to slap an ASC on once this chassis is perfected in future.
MR-03 S2K Narrow AT60T Nihm
MR-03 BRZ Narrow PN70T Nihm
MR-03 Enzo Ferrari GT Concept Xspeed SP2012
MR-03VE 2005 NSXGT AT 12000KV w/Lipo
MR-02 Nissan R390 GT Lemans 39T PN
AMZ Benz TC 8500KV
X Power IDT Ultra 5600KV Audi
X Power IMT Ultra 6800KV M3
MB-010 FT86 Comic Racer 39T PN
MF-015 Mclaren MP4-25 50T w/Lipo PN
MR-01 Mugen NSX-GT 02 X Speed Retired
dNaNo FX-101MM T2 XANAVI NISMO GT-R

MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " A Place To Escape from Reality"! TD
214 State St. Suite 209
Hackensack, NJ 07601. 201-820-1347
LIVE Mini-Z RACING EVERY Fri at 7 PM.
Outdoor Saturday On Road Racing 1/8GTVE,1/10TC&USGT

DG DESIGNS

Last edited by machgo5go; 2015.01.06 at 08:12 PM.
machgo5go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.07, 09:41 AM   #56
huge

If you ask specifically if a MiniZ body would fit and their answer ist no,
it has a reason to be.
Why didnt they put the R8 Body over the IDT?
huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.07, 11:07 AM   #57
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Gotta love forced perspective photography. All in all it looks like a great platform. I just can't figure out why someone be it X-Power or a zealous racer that wants it to be mini Z size just didn't come out from the get go and say we created something new in a slightly different scale. Hope you enjoy it. Instead we seem to be taking sides either pro or con on something that we won't likely invest in.

Again I say make a home for it for what it is and that isn't a mini-Z.
Old 2015.01.07, 11:40 AM   #58
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Gotta love forced perspective photography. All in all it looks like a great platform. I just can't figure out why someone be it X-Power or a zealous racer that wants it to be mini Z size just didn't come out from the get go and say we created something new in a slightly different scale. Hope you enjoy it. Instead we seem to be taking sides either pro or con on something that we won't likely invest in.

Again I say make a home for it for what it is and that isn't a mini-Z.
Well said.....500-ish makes me unlikely to take the plunge. Cool chassis but unlessi could convince the rest of our club to drop $500-ish as well the wouldn't be much point

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.07, 12:57 PM   #59
TheSteve
VE7FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
Well said.....500-ish makes me unlikely to take the plunge. Cool chassis but unlessi could convince the rest of our club to drop $500-ish as well the wouldn't be much point
I thought you were buying them for us.
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.07, 01:21 PM   #60
tommy_greeneyes

I look forward to seeing this car run at our club..even though I have A AMZ car.I still may get one of these XPower cars anyway for $250.00 and then put my own electronics in.Honestly this is supposed to be a fun hobby.If your going worry about how many millimeters is this you should STOP.not complaining about the f1 Mini Z.but isn't that a little bit longer also.we never complain of what we run 98mm,96mmor 94mm.This is always going to be a fun hobby and you're always going to put money into it.there's always going to be new technology come in.

stop discriminating on a car that you're not giving it a chance just because the millimeters ...

now that there's a nice aftermarket chassis coming out.that can have good steering and have your own speed controller.what's to complain about it

Last edited by tommy_greeneyes; 2015.01.07 at 02:13 PM.
tommy_greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote