Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.10.24, 07:17 PM   #1
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

1/25th xmod "GTO DRIFT"

So, I got bored a couple weeks ago and thought to myslef "I should try making a brushless xmod!". Since there has been other creations I've seen around I decided to fabricate my own version...I think the overall design is a good one. Besides the use of an almost full GPM gen 1 xmod package I designed my own lower and upper chassis plates to mount the various componentry for the brushless esc/Rx/li-po's. I used an e-Flite 2 cell pack for the power supply and an RC18 motor mount for the Mamba mounting.

In the grand scheme of things, I just created this project to see if it could be done...during various tests I could not keep the parts together or keep the wheels on the axles. It didn't matter what loctite or how many new locknuts I used, the power of the Mamba was too much for it even at 50% throttle.

I hope you enjoy the pics...Thanks for looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mambagoat3 001.jpg (172.4 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg mambagoat3 002.jpg (176.1 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg mambagoat2 004.jpg (166.6 KB, 117 views)

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.24, 07:42 PM   #2
Roketmini
The C is Missing.

Send a message via AIM to Roketmini
That is amazing...

It's a shame that it falls apart as speed, you could probably set a few records for smalelst and fastest.
Old 2006.10.24, 08:45 PM   #3
ChattavegasSE
Zoom Zoom!

Send a message via AIM to ChattavegasSE
Maybe try alloy wheels and regular steel/nylon lock nuts instead of those plastic XMods nuts. Gotta bullet-proof everything with that kinda power!
Old 2006.10.24, 10:38 PM   #4
alpha_003

that is pretty amazing, i magine the speed that would have gotten if it could deliver it's power to the ground. i have thought about putting a brushless system in an xmod but the results were too scary to become true.
but somewhere they could be placed are the new micro-t, the mini-t's little brother....i think a micro-t is capable of wistaining the amount of force the mamaba system makes, of course, it would take a complete alloy drivetrain but it would be fast as hell.

-Lino
alpha_003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.25, 12:58 AM   #5
byebye

thats pretty awesome! Good job! There have been a couple tries at it but I don't think I ever saw anything successful. Can you give us a basic parts list?

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.25, 01:07 AM   #6
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Those GPM parts are a must to get that driveline to run true. I know at least that much. My gen wun Xmods is close to stock other than those, those parts are a big improvement over the twisted stock plastic pieces.
Old 2006.10.25, 09:17 PM   #7
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Thanks for your comments guys...I've really enjoyed the build up of this little beast.

It sits now just as a rolling chassis since I wanted to get the electronics and motor back on my RC18T. I might build up this puppy with standard brushed electronics but it'll involve some scrounging/saving of funds. I see a micro Spectrum Rx, Novak Spy and modded 180 motor on my Christmas list...

As for the Micro-T I can't wait to get mine(I'm on the wait list at my LHS)! I envison a Feigeo 12mm brushless fitting really nicely and some minor electronics swapping...all in the effort to get 20mph out of a 1/36th!!!!!!

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote