Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.01.15, 09:10 PM   #1
ru_crazy
Fast and The FuriouZ

Unhappy need spacers

Hey all,
I bought a mini-z from "THE" online auction site. The JERK, who I will never buy from again, sold me a complete set and sent only the car and the radio.
Anyway, I am looking for the optional spacers that are needed for changing the pinion gears. All I have is the 1.5 spacer that is factory installed (used with the 6T pinion).
I did get the JERK to buy replacement pinion gears but he could not get the spacers.
I checked with "the Shop" and the site could not locate any either.
You, my great Z-lovers, are my last chance of locating extra or replacement spacers. If not, I guess I have an excuse to buy another mini-z (but could never run the same pinion on both cars).
Can anyone help???
ru_crazy

Last edited by ru_crazy; 2002.01.15 at 09:13 PM.
ru_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.15, 10:05 PM   #2
DAMZer
Zen_gineer

One of the standard Kyosho parts bags have them, sorry, cant remember what the MZ number is but I believe that these come with the motor mount parts at about 6-8 bucks.
Old 2002.01.15, 10:25 PM   #3
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Funny I was just making my own spacers -- I noticed the 1.0 spacer is too thick for the 7 tooth pinion... it leaves to big of a gap my pinion was getting all chewed up. -- although that was more due to the stock differential AND the lack of bearings... it slopped around too much to have a nice fit. -- all the more reason to get bearings and a ball diff .

So I pulled the spacer out put it in my spare part box. and cut 2 pieces of my aluminum sheet metal (each .3mm thick) and stuck them under the motor for a .6mm spacer. Works a bit better now.. would rather it be .4 or .5mm going to look at the cereal boxes now... for .4mm to .5mm thick . As for the smaller spacer you can just use a screw threw that top hole in the motor clip. This is what some of the other motor mounts do.

Last edited by Draconious; 2002.01.15 at 10:28 PM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.16, 12:53 AM   #4
tr174
Mini-Z Novice

Post MZ-3 or MZ003 (Tower Part No.)

If you can't find them at your local hobby shop (Kyosho Stock Number MZ-3), Tower Hobbies has them for $7.29. Their part number is MZ003. It isn't listed unless you specifically search for the part number.

It comes with a motor case and four spacers.

Just as a side note, when using the spacers the configuration for the pinion gears is as follows.

6t use small top 1.5 spacer
7T and 8T use small top 1.0 and large bottom 1.0 spacer
9T use only large bottom 1.5 spacer

If you don't use both spacers for the 7 and 8 tooth pinions they will tear up regardless of having bearings installed or not.

tr174
tr174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.16, 10:18 AM   #5
ru_crazy
Fast and The FuriouZ

Thanks for the part number...I will check it out! As far as how to use the spacers, that information has been stated on about a million threads before this one. I do, however, appreciate you making sure I have ALL information need.
Hey, MR mini-z can you look into this part number and price. I may want to order from the site. Just email me.
Thanks again to everyone,
ru_crazy
Old 2002.01.16, 10:21 AM   #6
mini-z
Administrator

tr174, good call, I forgot that the spacers came with the replacement plastic mount, I was trying to find them as some kind of plastic parts accessory kit; ru_crazy, I'll see if I can get it.
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.16, 10:27 AM   #7
ru_crazy
Fast and The FuriouZ

Talking Thanks

Just let me know and we will go from there.
Thanks again,
ru_crazy
Old 2002.01.16, 01:23 PM   #8
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
The spacers alone are 7.20$?! hehe local hobby shop sells the entire motor pod kit for 7.00$ - definately better to just buy the motor pod.