Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.09.07, 12:48 AM   #1
briankstan

Exclamation 2005 Summer Championship

Well we only have two races left in the schedule for the summer series

We will have the Freedom Enduro on Sept 15, followed by the Summer Championship Final on Sept 22.

Just an update. It Looks like Chad is going to take the highest Mini-z honors, Both Mini-Z Champion and the Pole Award, along with Overland Champion.

I have a firm hold on 2nd Place, and there is a tight race between David and Brandon for 3rd, It will come down to the last race.

Complete Points Standings

This has been an exciting year for our club. We now have Both RCP Tracks and a Core Timing System.

It has also been a very competitve Race series and the compitition is only getting better.

We are still looking for a sutable indoor area for the Winter Season, but we will be racing regardless of that outcome, it just might be in someones garage. . anyone want to donate a building to the cause?

I will be taking a short break from racing for the birth of our second child at the end of this month, but I will be looking forward to the races to come.

Check the website for updates on any scheduled races and the Schedule for the Winter 2005 Championship series, and as alway I will email members with new changes and update to the schedule and site.

thanks for all the great racing

Brian
Old 2005.09.14, 09:22 PM   #2
briankstan

our first enduro will be held tomarrow Thursday sept 15.

we are going to do an hour long race on 3 wide L Rcp tracks and we will be using the core timing system.

I'm really looking forward to this race, we will have 9 racers running at one time, it will be a first for all of us. With trophies going to the top three finishers.

I'll post pics and some video along with the graphs and html for the timing system on the saltlake mini-z website in the comming days.

Brian
Old 2005.09.15, 11:44 PM   #3
briankstan

We finished our first Enduro tonight. it was a great race, the only bad thing was that the sun went down before we finished the hour long race. We managed to get some lights set up mid-race by one of the guys that had some car problems.

all in all it was a blast, we had 9 (yes that right 9) cars running at the same time. It was a little tight getting around in some of the place that had a few cars piling up.

We had our regular 6 drivers and 3 newbies, two of them will be joining us more regularly and the other one will be as his schedule alows.

the Core timing system worked great. (we had a minor problem with the qualifing for starting position, it was just a bad setting on my part) We didn't seem to have any glitching problem and it kept track of the laps and times great.

so here are the results:

Chad 352 Laps
Brian 330 Laps
Brandon 303 laps
David 301 laps
Luke 293 laps
Kelly 281 Laps
John 252 Laps
Brandon 216 Laps
Greg 98 Laps (Broken H-plate)

I recorded the whole race and I will have some clips up on the saltlakemini-z website soon, along with the graphs and html reports.

Brian
Old 2005.09.16, 05:02 AM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
wow, large gap in lap counts
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.16, 09:10 AM   #5
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
the three that finished last were newbies, (I thought they did great)

The middle group were not really that far apart. I did OK and Chad just kicks everyones butt.

Brian

p.s. I really liked the 1hr. enduro, lot's of fun, especially with lots of cars.
Old 2005.09.16, 03:15 PM   #6
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Send a message via AIM to Lionblade Send a message via MSN to Lionblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
p.s. I really liked the 1hr. enduro, lot's of fun, especially with lots of cars.
Now try 90 minutes with 10 cars and no Core system...XD

The KoProPo system can be a little aggravating at times...in our hour enduro, it showed me with 138 laps...about 200 behind the leader, which wasn't even close to right...I was running the whole time. There's no transponders to put on, but it's frustrating when the system glitches and you lose laps. Every week some channel's getting hit without a car/not getting hit at all.

Maybe we could suggest the Core system to Mr. ARCMS...[/offtopic]

Long enduros are great fun, unless you're inconsistant.
Lionblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.16, 03:56 PM   #7
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionblade
Now try 90 minutes with 10 cars and no Core system...XD

I can't even imagine running that long and that many laps without a core timing system. it worked great.
Old 2005.09.17, 01:29 PM   #8
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

Quote:
When the fast guy is running 8 sec laps consistently and you're best laps are in the 9 to 10 sec. range it doesn't take long to go down laps! In fact, all you have to do is get tangled up in a mess in one corner and the fast guy has a clean lap and you go down a lap, and that happened A LOT! The race was as much about successfully dodging traffic as it was about putting down consistent laps. Three newbies can create a lot of chaos! Well even us long-timers sometimes do, just not as consistently.

Notice the gap between 3rd and 4th (me) was only two laps after one hour! That's less than 20 seconds! I had Brandon down a few laps with about 15 minutes to go, but he poured it on when he had to, I couldn't do anything with him.

It was fun, but I think I would have enjoyed it more with fewer cars on the track, or at least fewer newbies.

As a side note Brian. When we start running on the shorter track in a garage for the winter I think we need to come up with a system to have only 6 cars max in a race.

David
Old 2005.09.22, 10:29 AM   #9
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davkin
Three newbies can create a lot of chaos! Well even us long-timers sometimes do, just not as consistently.

It was fun, but I think I would have enjoyed it more with fewer cars on the track, or at least fewer newbies.

As a side note Brian. When we start running on the shorter track in a garage for the winter I think we need to come up with a system to have only 6 cars max in a race.

David
Everyone was a newbie at one time or another. the only way to learn is by doing it. (it doesn't give anyone an advantage, everyone has to just do their best to avoid the crashes. I know I got caught in a few.)

We are still working on getting a indoor facility for the Winter Championship and beyond. I do agree that on a smaller track it would be alot more difficult if we had more than 6 running at the same time.

As soon as I know anything more I'll pass that info on. I do know that both John and Brandon H. will be comming alot more regularly and Greg will just be comming when he can fit it in his schedule.

I am getting 2 more wide L tracks that will alow us to make even bigger tracks and alot more layouts will be available to us. I will also be getting some of the wide inside corners and 45 degree angle sections when those become available in the next month or two.

Brian

Last edited by briankstan; 2005.09.22 at 10:38 AM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.22, 10:35 AM   #10
briankstan

Summer Championship Final Event

tonight will the the final race of the Summer 2005 Championship. 1st & 2nd places have been solidified and 3rd is still up for grabs between David and Brandon B. it will be a close finish either way.

check our website for info, pics & videos. of all of our events.

if you are in the area and would like to join in on the fun contact information is also available on the website.

Winter Championship will be starting in January...... Details to follow.

Brian
Old 2005.09.23, 10:06 AM   #11
briankstan

2005 Summer Championship Final Results

Summer 2005 Championship Final Results
(all winners received respective trophies)

Mini-z

1st Place Chad
2nd Place Brian
3rd place David

Overland

1st place Chad
2nd Place Luke

Monster Truck (Mini Giants & Mini-Z Monster)

1st place Chad
2nd Place Luke

I looks like a clean sweep for chad. maybe we will get him in the next points
season.

2006 Winter Championship is starting soon.
Old 2005.09.26, 10:56 AM   #12
briankstan

I thought I would post some videos of our last couple of races

see the Enduro Race.

see the 50 lap Mini-z Final

More videos and picturea are available at www.saltlakemini-z.com , check the photo gallery and the videos page. Feel free to sign my guestbook and any comments are welcome.

Brian