Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.10.02, 02:56 AM   #1
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Murdertown Racing Club 2018

This is the plan for what is left of 2018.

11/18
12/2 - Cancelled, bike shop is too busy...

Doors open at 11am and racing will start around 12:30pm.

I am planning to cook too and I really liked the taco table. Any requests? I have a bunch of tricks up my sleeve...

The best news is the track is going to grow, I like laps of 8 seconds or longer so as the weather gets colder the track will grow in size.

Hosted by:
Brandywine Bikes
1812 Marsh Rd
Wilmington DE 19810

Thanks Paul...

Last edited by GIHOSU; 2018.11.24 at 03:41 PM.
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.10.02, 06:16 AM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Be sure to keep in touch with KWT and Austin as locals, they aren't far away.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.10.02, 11:33 AM   #3
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

I certainly will, I had no clue that there were other Mini-Z racers so close to me.
Old 2018.10.02, 12:31 PM   #4
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Nice to get a club thread going.

I like the size track currently, had no issues with the size. A little more wouldn't hurt, as long as the space is there. 8s would be ideal, but 6-7s would be a nice improvement.

I think pit setup setup with power and refuse bins should be addressed before the track expansion. Small steps towards the goal. Anything that I can do to help, just let me know.

It might be good to take a page out of the Remnant book, and operate 2 or 3 classes maximum per meet, and rotate through. Run Kyosho Stock, and 70 comp, then rotate skinny, 90, and modified... For newer racers, those two constant classes will give plenty of racing action, while for the more experienced, the alternate classes will provide variety for the ones that do not wish to adapt the setups to the core classes.

Also, we may also finally be able to compete in HFAY with the track size that we have... at least their big track events. We should look into that, to add more depth of field.

Last edited by EMU; 2018.10.02 at 12:59 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.10.02, 02:56 PM   #5
tommy_greeneyes

Thumbs up hey

EMU i 2nd that
Old 2018.10.06, 12:07 PM   #6
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

I want to finally enjoy some HFAY racing too, we just have to get the setup down and run.
Old 2018.10.15, 11:04 PM   #7
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

11/18 GTG

Classes
-Kyosho Stock
-70 Comp
-90mm

Tacos
-Ground beef
-Steak
-Pork
-Chicken

$10 per car, AYCE...

Last edited by GIHOSU; 2018.11.06 at 07:32 PM.
Old 2018.10.20, 08:40 PM   #8
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

The rental fleet will be ready to race at the next event planned for 11/18.

It is much easier to perform mods in bunches, I am having fun prepping for race day. Bearings are soaking and getting ready for a FbF treatment. My new tire mounting stuff is making quick work out of wheel/tire prep. Rear dampers will be installed next.

I have 2 reservations and 2 cars are still available to anyone interested. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited by GIHOSU; 2018.11.06 at 07:32 PM.
Old 2018.10.21, 09:01 AM   #9
Mike Keely

Your new track and I just heard another track opened up in Brooklyn NY again. Mini-Z's are coming out again. Very glad to see it.
Old 2018.10.21, 09:41 AM   #10
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
Your new track and I just heard another track opened up in Brooklyn NY again. Mini-Z's are coming out again. Very glad to see it.
Don't leave out Cruizin, they are trying to get racing going on Tuesday nights. Let's keep shaking the tree, I am glad too.
Old 2018.10.21, 11:42 AM   #11
EMU
EMUracing

Yeah, I'm noticing a lot more traffic on rctech and f book about mini-z. I'm happy to see more interest in it again.
Old 2018.11.06, 07:40 PM   #12
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

The racing schedule has changed to make racing happen earlier in the day. Instead of starting late on Saturday we will have all day Sunday to race. Doors will open at 11am and racing will start around 12:30pm.

Hopefully this will be a better schedule for everyone planning to attend.

My apologies to anyone who is kept away by the change, it was a move made to ensure everyone can travel home safely by getting on the road earlier and arrive home at a more reasonable time.

Remember, be ready and hungry...
Old 2018.11.14, 04:53 AM   #13
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIHOSU View Post
11/18 GTG

Classes
-Kyosho Stock
-70 Comp
-90mm

Tacos
-Ground beef
-Steak
-Pork
-Chicken

$10 per car, AYCE...
I think it should be $10 for all you can eat Tacos, which includes your first car entry... I have a feeling that there might be some non entries eating all of the tacos

I am slowly trying to dot my T's and cross my eye's in preparation for the race this weekend.

Hopefully I will have a new 90 car to test. Unfortunately my Countache might have seen its last track day after I drove under a foot. Totally my fault, since the track was not officially open for practice yet, but it was a risk that I was willing to take.

I have also been working on a little something for 70 comp... to add a little variety to the mix. I might also want to change up my Stock car...
Old 2018.11.24, 03:55 PM   #14
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Sorry racers, the bike shop is doing better than expected and we won't be able to race on 12/2. It is a bummer but I am really happy that Paul and his crew are super busy.

I am looking forward to the January event. The scoring bridge adjustments for last week worked out well. The sensors were moved 1.5 inches closer to each other and the height of about 14 inches made it catch every lap in our races. The tacos were a hit again, til next time...