Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.04.15, 07:27 PM   #61
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Wanna place bets now?

I call Martin Whitmarsh. He'd be my pick for a principal with vast experience who got the raw end of the deal during the McLaren shakeup. If Ferrari can't convince Ross Brawn to come out of retirement (which would have to be a huge payday to do so) Whitmarsh would be the next best choice.

my custom body album (now that Photobucket sucks!)
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.19, 11:48 AM   #62
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Mercedes's Lewis Hamilton stormed to pole position for the Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai.

The Briton's best time of one minute 53.860 seconds through rain and spray was a hefty 0.595 of a second quicker than Red Bull's Australian Daniel Ricciardo, who joined him on the front row.

"It is so slippery out there, the conditions - trying to find the grip, not making mistakes on your lap and really putting it together," said Hamilton, who will be chasing his third win in a row on Sunday.

"It was a tough session. I really enjoyed it. The car was feeling great. I hope that we can follow through tomorrow."

It was Hamilton's third pole in four races this season and 34th of his F1 career, pushing the 29-year-old past the late Jim Clark's British record that he equalled in Malaysia last month.

He is now fourth on the all-time pole list led by Michael Schumacher with 68.

Red Bull's quadruple Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel was third fastest, but more than a second slower than Hamilton and outqualified by team mate Ricciardo for the third time in four races.

Championship leader Nico Rosberg, who had been on pole in the previous Bahrain Grand Prix, completed the second row for Mercedes after running wide on his second lap and then spinning on his final flying lap.

The German will have his work cut out on Sunday if he is to win at the scene of his maiden grand prix triumph in 2012.

"I was just struggling on the brakes and that's why my last sector was so bad. The braking was really difficult and that's a pity," said Rosberg.

"It was just trying a little bit too hard but in the end I was slower anyway on that last lap. I just had to give it a go on the last corner and see if I could somehow magically pull back a little bit of time and it didn't quite work out.

"It didn't really change much. In the end I just wasn't quick enough in general."

Ricciardo, whose team lost their appeal earlier in the week against his exclusion from second place in Australia, bounced back in Red Bull's best combined qualifying effort of a difficult season so far.

The Australian, impressive since joining from Toro Rosso at the end of last year, found a chunk of time late in the final part of qualifying after having trailed the German during the first two sessions.

"Alrighty, there wasn't anything left in that," the 24-year-old said to his team over the radio on his lap into the pits.

Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, last year's winner in China, qualified fifth with new team boss Marco Mattiacci looking on from the pit wall after watching Friday's sessions from the garage.

"Some of the steps that we brought here seem to confirm a positive result so we move a little bit in the right direction. We know that it's not enough but it's the first step," said Alonso.

"We know that Mercedes probably is out of reach in dry conditions but hopefully with Red Bull we are not too far. I don't know if we can be faster than them or not but hopefully not 30 seconds behind them any more."

However, it was a day of mixed fortunes for the sport's glamour team with Kimi Raikkonen failing to make it through to the top 10 shootout after struggling for grip all session long.

Former Ferrari driver Felipe Massa qualified sixth for Williams, who had Valtteri Bottas seventh with both hoping to move up in the race.

Force India's Nico Hulkenberg lines up eighth, with Frenchman Jean-Eric Vergne ninth in the Toro Rosso ahead of compatriot Romain Grosjean, who gave Lotus their best qualifying result so far this season in 10th.

Grosjean's Venezuelan team mate Pastor Maldonado did not take part in qualifying due to problems related to the Renault power unit. He had been due to take a five place grid penalty anyway for causing a collision in Bahrain.

Neither McLaren driver made it through to the final phase of qualifying, with Jenson Button 12th and Danish rookie Kevin Magnussen 15th.

"I didn't know what to expect really. It's been a strange year in terms of the car in the wet. Normally we're very good in the wet but now we're struggling for grip out there," commented Button.

"It's tough in these conditions. I really do hope it's dry tomorrow."

Eurosport - 2014-04-19, 12:13 AM

Old 2014.04.20, 05:21 AM   #63
TheSteve
VE7FM

Quote of the race "tough luck".

Speaking of Seb, had he let Daniel go by right away there is a decent chance he would have gotten third instead of forth...
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.20, 12:11 PM   #64
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Mercedes checks out, Rosberg gets into second and Alonso keeps third by a hair.

Boring as ****, I'd have to say...well paced by Hamilton and Mercedes but no drama other than the start.

shame about Massas first pitstop.

Funny mixup at the end: the chequered flag gets waved on lap 54 by accident so the results stand from there. Kobayashis pass into turn 13 doesn't count.

I am buoyed by Ferrari improvement...let's hope the Euro rounds show some battle at the top step

Old 2014.05.09, 10:03 AM   #65
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Spanish GP FP2:

No surprises really...Merc leading the way with Riccardo in P3. The only cars within .5sec of each other.

Vettel could not run in fp2 due to an electrical problem that caused a full teardown.

Everyone else seems to be struggling with grip levels...Ferrari seems to be the main team if the top 10 that can't seem to find the connection between front and rear grip.

FYI the cars are 4.5 sec slower than last years V8

Old 2014.05.11, 12:37 PM   #66
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

So what started as a real yawner turned into a real nail biter!

The 2 Mercs were the class of the field yet again (lapping all the way to pass 7th) but with a difference in strategy Rosberg made a real good attempt of stealing the win from Hamilton. With 4 wins and one non finish Hamilton now takes the lead of the drivers championship by 1 point.

RedBull get Riccardo into 3rd and snake Vettel through the field from 15th up to 4th. They certainly made a 3 stop work for the World Champ.

Bottas takes a seasons matching best of 5th.

Ferrari sucks balls yet again with 6th and 7th but it was nice to see some inter team racing from them for a change.

Stay tuned for testing results from this week in Catalunya.

Old 2014.05.24, 02:41 PM   #67
TheSteve
VE7FM

Rossberg did it on purpose!!!
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.24, 07:33 PM   #68
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

...adn Hamilton is a baby for crying to the F1 cops. Rosberg was given no penalty....

Probably won't watch the race until i get back from the GTG tomorrow...Monaco doesn't usually make for a "racing" circuit so much as its a "strategy" circuit. That and the feed i get doesnt show enough in car footage (which is the only exciting thing about Monaco).

Old 2014.07.02, 09:48 AM   #69
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

http://bit.ly/1z75BG9

Old 2014.07.07, 10:54 AM   #70
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY

works better like this. http://bit.ly/1z75BG9

that is so true, I love the last part

Quote:
‘Bernie did so many things to change this sport,’ said one team boss. ‘I just can’t believe he’s going to continue doing those things for the foreseeable future.’

As a mark of respect, all profits from this weekend’s British Grand Prix will be given directly to the Ecclestone family, as usual.