Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.12.28, 09:26 PM   #31
pHREDD
z of mini

just let us know when your ready. we can host or come down. you know how to contact us.
Old 2005.12.29, 02:04 PM   #32
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Thanks guys, glad you like our setup. Nice to hear from the Chattanooga people! I think it's a good idea for us to get together at both locations (Atlanta and Chattanooga)! Sounds like fun! Like Shaun said, we need to run a few more races here to get a bit more organized and get used to the lap counting system.

So shall we consider something like mid Feb / early March? That would give us 2 or 3 races here to get better organized. We could plan a big race on a Sat (or Sun?) here, then 2 weeks later, we come up there and I'll bring the lap counting system. If that sounds like a good time frame, I'll come up with a couple of dates that correspond to our "every other week" racing schedule and we'll start a thread here and on the Chattanooga site to get some feedback on days and times. Let me know what everyone else thinks. Of course anyone is welcome to come down here before then too!

I'm not sure how we could run a teams scenario? I guess you could just tally up the placements and average them for each team? You guys have any good ideas? How did you do it before?

I would also like to run an F1 class... I have one and pHREDD has some... aren't there a few more Chattanoogians with them? I'll have to start hopping mine up!

Sounds like fun!
-Patrick

FordGT40 -- Good to hear from you! Also check the screws holding down the steering servo and the servo saver screw (don't overtighten this as you won't have much "saver" left of the servo saver, but it shouldn't be loose). Well, you might as well check all the screws in the cars (if you haven't already). Let us know when you can make it, we look forward to meeting you and your son... (my son is hoping that another boy shows up too). Do you have more potential to make it on a Saturday or a Sunday? Hope to see you soon!
AtlRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.29, 02:37 PM   #33
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
regional gruop meetings

my gtg group has regional meetings with the pa group dorks on wheels about every 3 to 4 months. this seems to work well as it leaves enough room to make the trip worthwhile and still draw interest. seeing as it's a 2-3hr drive i don't think i could space it any closer and still get guys willing to make the drive. its hard enough for most of us with kids to make our bi-weeklt meetings
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.01, 10:08 AM   #34
Dog boy Dave

HEy Saun,
Thanks for the link. We are all Newbies down here in Tally and all my buddies have the x-mods. All we do so far is demoliton derbies in one of our garages with pvc laid down on a slick floor. But we get 5 to 10 people together at a time and I am hoping that the mini L track I have on order along with a test drive im my new AWD Ma10 will get some of them to take the next step. Never know in 6 months or so we might be up for a raod trip. Will keep an eye out on this thread. Good Luck
Dave
Dog boy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.01, 10:19 AM   #35
arch2b

are you guys going to do the hfay points series? don't recall if you guys have a timing system or not?
Old 2006.01.01, 01:22 PM   #36
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
are you guys going to do the hfay points series? don't recall if you guys have a timing system or not?
Hi arch2b,

What is hfay points series? Is it even possible with the Core software to keep running points?

I have the Core system and I'm currently playing with setting up a race with qualifiers and everything. I have to say as a software developer for quite some time now, I'm not too fond of the Core software. Lot's of little bugs and the whole UI (user interface) is not very "intuitively obvious" (not real clear how to accomplish things). I don't doubt that it works fine for what it is, but I think it leaves a bit to be desired. I've also experienced a few crashes (where the program just vanishes). Thankfully these haven't occurred during a race, but we've only used is for one day of racing so far. Hardware seems to work fine. Have you had any issues (minor or major) with the software?
AtlRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.01, 06:46 PM   #37
bemoore
Rolling Chicane

Don't you need an RCP track for HFAY?
bemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.01, 07:12 PM   #38
arch2b

thats right.... you guys have the custom track. it was either the track or core... i knew you had one or the other.

there is a forum section just for hfay in the events category
Old 2006.01.10, 07:50 PM   #39
Mzfreak

Send a message via AIM to Mzfreak Send a message via Yahoo to Mzfreak
hey arch2b how come you dont get on aim anynore?

-andy-
Old 2006.01.10, 07:57 PM   #40
Shaun
000-00-0001

Are you the same Andy that raced at Patrick's house on Saturday?

If so, you gonna come out on Sunday 1/22 for some more racing?
Old 2006.01.10, 08:16 PM   #41
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzfreak
hey arch2b how come you dont get on aim anynore?

-andy-
little time for extended chats. you can imagine how many windows pop up when i log on.... wish i did have more time though as i enjoyed chatting with most everyone
Old 2006.01.12, 04:59 PM   #42
Mzfreak

Send a message via AIM to Mzfreak Send a message via Yahoo to Mzfreak
Hey Shaun. Yeah it's the same Andy. Umm.. I don't if I can come yet. O yeah I was goint to ask you do you have an email address or aim?
Old 2006.01.12, 06:23 PM   #43
Shaun
000-00-0001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzfreak
Hey Shaun. Yeah it's the same Andy. Umm.. I don't if I can come yet. O yeah I was goint to ask you do you have an email address or aim?
Cool! I wasn't sure if it was you. What's happening?

Click on my name and choose send email.
Old 2006.02.19, 07:52 AM   #44
theplanethobbys

You Are Only 2 Hrs From Me

Hey, you are only 2 hrs. from me. Come see me too!
planet
Here is a link to my post.
here
theplanethobbys is offline   Reply With Quote