Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.12.27, 07:40 AM   #16
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey G View Post
Still waiting for a reply on this.....
Sorry about that! I thought I posted, but apparently I only posted to the forum in my brain!

The idea is to have a realistic type of car in the header with the MZR theme, so TRP "white bodies" are acceptable for submission into the contest, but we would like to stay away from the Atomic/PN Pan Car Bodies.

The Route 246 AutoScales don't qualify for the competition since they are already painted!

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 2010.12.27, 08:21 AM   #17
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I assume since the Mosler is an actual car, that is acceptable as well?

technically, you can purchase unpainted R246 bodies such as the BMW M3 GTR and Nissan 240Z. Your just not going to find them in shops domestically, at the moment.
Old 2010.12.29, 09:22 PM   #18
arch2b

anyone else start designing? i've got 5 design sketches already. thinking about posting them but at the same time i don't want to forecast my efforts to win.
Old 2010.12.30, 01:25 AM   #19
blt456

I've done both of my 350z bodies.....the masking didn't turn out how I planned but I guess I'll put up some pics soon. I still need a sticker sheet, but I'll get it sometime later

Old 2010.12.30, 09:39 AM   #20
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
I've done both of my 350z bodies.....the masking didn't turn out how I planned but I guess I'll put up some pics soon. I still need a sticker sheet, but I'll get it sometime later
I would SO trade you something for one of those... lol.
Old 2010.12.30, 09:45 AM   #21
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Luke, send me a PM with your addy. Ive still got a couple of stickers left from the PN finals. I can spare enough for you to do a car or two.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.01.06, 08:28 PM   #22
J.B.R/C

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Mini-Z View Post
The question mark header is back! (if you don't see it, you might need to refresh!) As you may know, today marks the 10th Anniversary of Mini-ZRacer.com. Of course those two things put together mean that we're starting off our year of celebrations with a new Mini-ZRacer.com 10th Anniversary White Body Contest!!!

Your challenge (as it was last time) is to create the coolest Mini-ZRacer.com-themed body, starting from a blank Kyosho Mini-Z White Body (enhanced AutoScales are not eligible). The body must have the MZR logo or "mini-zracer.com" somewhere on it, and we suggest using MZR colors (red, white, black, silver/grey), but this is not mandatory.

As with the last MZR White Body Contest, we have Black & White MZR Decals, and Black and White MZR Stickers, available for purchase at shop.tinyrc.com, as well as a wide range of Kyosho White Bodies. To make it easier to find just the right canvas for your creation, the White Bodies now have their own subcategory in the AutoScale and Bodies category! To sweeten the deal we're also offering 10% off of our already discounted Kyosho White Bodies from now until February 28th with the coupon code MZR10WB!!!

The contest officially starts today, and the deadline is March 6, 2011. Submissions will be via the Mini-ZRacer.com 10th Anniversary White Body Contest Gallery. In addition to the submitted picture, we ask that you take a few build-up photos, e.g. masking and first coats, etc., in order to prove ownership. You must paint your own body, bodies painted by someone else are not eligible.

We'd also like to thank HammerZ once again for his MZR Vitz design that has served us well for the last 4 years! Please post questions to this thread - can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
I would like to enter a body for this contest. Are we allowed to paint to logo on or do we have to use stickers?
Old 2011.01.06, 08:36 PM   #23
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B.R/C View Post
I would like to enter a body for this contest. Are we allowed to paint to logo on or do we have to use stickers?
Pretty sure you can paint it on, as long as ultimately it's the site logo on the car.
Old 2011.01.07, 05:07 AM   #24
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Pretty sure you can paint it on, as long as ultimately it's the site logo on the car.
Yes, you can definitely paint the logo if you'd like. The only "rules" regarding design are that its the "coolest Mini-ZRacer.com-themed body", and "The body must have the MZR logo or "mini-zracer.com" somewhere on it". The stickers are decals are just available to make that part easier for people.

Happy designing everyone!!!
Old 2011.01.13, 07:57 AM   #25
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

How are the designs going? Who will be the first to reveal their design in the Gallery?

Just wanted to remind everyone that if you haven't picked up your entry body yet, we're still offering 10% off of our already discounted Kyosho White Bodies from now until February 28th with the coupon code MZR10WB!!! This includes the new Kyosho Mini-Z Sauber Mercedes C9 High Downforce Configuration MR-02-LM White Body and the Kyosho Mini-Z Mini Cooper S with John Cooper Works GP Kit MR-015-HM White Body. Mini-Z Racer + Mini Cooper? It could work! Besides, if you haven't figured it out yet, I love a gimmick!

Also, digging around in the shop.tinyrc.com vault, I found a bunch of Kyosho Dflex Decal sheets that never made it into the shop - until now! Maybe they'll be helpful in completing your awesome designs!

The deadline for submissions is March 6, 2011, but feel free to submit your entry anytime!
Old 2011.01.20, 07:46 PM   #26
arch2b

i've been trying to upload my design sketches but gallery problems are preventing my uploads from completing

i bought the white body and just waiting for it to arrive.
Old 2011.01.22, 04:48 PM   #27
arch2b

i've started painting tonight! not easy to do when it's in the high 20's outside
Old 2011.01.23, 09:11 PM   #28
arch2b

well, i finished up all the paint work today. from start to finish, maybe 8 hours of work over 2 days. it went much faster than i had expected as i've recently had a bit of practice with this design. with temps at 20F and below, that was certainly motivation to get it done quickly.

here is a little teaser.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3632.jpg (324.4 KB, 48 views)
Old 2011.01.27, 07:37 PM   #29
arch2b

Here is my entry

Finally got to uploading my pictures to the contest gallery!

here is a run down of what i used.
krylon rattle can ultra flat black
krylon rattle can safety red
testors enamel steel
tamiya acrylic clear red
tamiya mask tape
mini-zracer sticker sheet
tinyrc sticker sheet
gi joe sticker sheet
square sponsor sticker sheet
custom license plate

the white lettering is hand cut stenciling as is easily recognizable by the sizing irregularities. the red circle sticker is from a gi joe sticker sheet. the yokohama sticker is from a square sponsor sticker sheet. the silver cobra sticker is from a gi joe sticker sheet.

the tinyrc sticker came from a tinyrc sticker sheet. the lettering on the wing is hand cut stenciling.

the red circle sticker is from a gi joe sticker sheet. the mzr logo is from a mini-zracer sticker sheet. the racing number was hand cut stenciling.

the release sticker is from a gi joe sticker sheet as is the caution sticker. the license plate was custom made. the mzr text is from a mini-zracer sticker sheet.
Old 2011.01.27, 07:41 PM   #30
arch2b

the mzr and shop.tinyrc stickers are from mini-zracer and shop.tinyrc sticker sheets. the racing number is hand cut stenciling.

the striping is hand cut stenciling

Closed Thread