Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.06.15, 12:05 PM   #1
lChristophel

Send a message via MSN to lChristophel
Exclamation The first carbon chassis for Overland and Mini mad force /!\

Hi all , i'm new on this board but i have a great thing to show you , certainly the first carbon chassis ever made in the world for the Overland !!
I'm moderator on the french board www.mini-zone.net/forum dedicated to mini rc and we have a member called "lemécanodéjanté" that have done this great chassis and he wanted to show his realization to the world and i just help him .
If you speak french here is the original topics : http://forum.aceboard.net/p-4529-1398-18604-0.htm .

Now the pictures :

And a small video : http://lemecanodejante.free.fr/OLcarbone/OLcarbone.AVI

Sorry there is a lot of pictures , fell free to ask questions i'll transmit to lemécanodéjanté (the crazy mechanic in english ) .

Last edited by lChristophel; 2004.07.21 at 09:44 AM.
lChristophel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.15, 12:20 PM   #2
TNB
Pet Human

Does he have to charge the batteries while they are in the OL or have to remove the carbon fiber to change out the packs? If so, that would seem like a real pain in the arse.
Old 2004.06.15, 12:31 PM   #3
TeaQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
Does he have to charge the batteries while they are in the OL or have to remove the carbon fiber to change out the packs? If so, that would seem like a real pain in the arse.
This is exactly what I was thinking.

Thats neat and all, but it just seems like way too much work with the fabrication and relocating of parts to make the difference is chassis weight worth it.

---==6-Cell Mod Tutorial==---
TeaQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.15, 12:35 PM   #4
ridealot100

Send a message via AIM to ridealot100
meh i think its neat! i love the adjustable shock idea and you hsould get a fet upgrade and use like 4 2/3 a cells in it so itl FLY! and you can charge the inside the car
oil shocks
I LOVE MINI-TS!AND COWBOY BEBOP!
ridealot100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.15, 12:59 PM   #5
TNB
Pet Human

Myself, I don't like charging any batteries inside the car. The adjustible shock holes are simply a way of getting around using different shock stays. In my opinion, the height is not that high either so I really don't even know why the photographer bothered with a ruler.

Old 2004.06.15, 02:08 PM   #6
AutoGlass
Wreck Driver

Location: On the montains where no low profile racer can run.
hmm are the rubber bands included on purchase of it?
AutoGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.15, 02:11 PM   #7
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
lChristophel
welcome to the other side of the pond! glad to see you join us here. i saw your chassis on the french site

from one moderator to another, thank you for sharing here as well.

tnb, i've used a ruler for clarification and to answer questions as someone ALWAYS asks how much whatever lifts the truck. it may not be clearing any high jumps but it's good information for reference.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.15, 02:18 PM   #8
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

It looks like it is designed to charge the batteries in the chassis. If you look there are 2 deans plugs. one for the motor and the other for the battery. Also, with them being flat along the bottom, it looks like it would hold 4 2/3 AA batteries so it really would fly. and the center of gravity would be lower and more centered like the F1 . I really like it. looks strange from what I am used too but put the body on and the performance is what really matters. Thanks for posting it.

Oh, I would use a zip tie instead of rubber bands.

The early bird gets the worm, But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!
PAULANGELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.15, 04:03 PM   #9
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

CF Chassis

lChristophel

Welcome to the Mini-Zracer.com Forums
Thanks for sharing your CF Overland, it reminds me a little of the Penguin RC aftermarket chassis for the Tamiya TLT-1
I am curious about the electronics. It looks like a Tamiya TamTech CPR unit on your Overland, or are you just using the casing?
Please inform us.

I think the greatest advantage of this type of design is that it's realy strong, we all know howm fragile the standard Overland chassis are.

Thanks again for the great Post and the excellent images.

The UberMod is back in town...
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.15, 05:07 PM   #10
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
tnb, i've used a ruler for clarification and to answer questions as someone ALWAYS asks how much whatever lifts the truck. it may not be clearing any high jumps but it's good information for reference.
Thanks. Now I don't feel like such a dummy. I figured there must be some reason, I just didn't know what it was. It does look like it will scoot.
Old 2004.06.15, 05:56 PM   #11
lChristophel

Smile

Hi all , thanks for this reception , i want to precise that this chassis wasn't made by me , the instigator of this unique project is "lemécanodéjanté" who was also the first to do the first 4 wd Overland that you can see here
>> http://forum.aceboard.net/p-4529-1398-16951-0.htm on the mini-zone.net board , arch2b is one of our member and even if you don't speak french you are all welcome .

I don't know if lemécanodéjanté will come here to answer your questions but i can try to answer some :

For the batteries pack in the chassis :
The pack is soldered and it is charged directly in the chassis because we need to dismount it to leave the pack . It's not a problem , as it was underlined by some of you there is the possibility to use a 6 V or 7.2 V pack for great performance .

The electronic is the stock electronic of the Overland , the ESC is fixed on the chassis .

The high of the chassis is adjustable and can be really higher than stock , any body can be mounted on the chassis because the wheel base is also adjustable as you can see on the pictures .

The principal advantages of this chassis is that it is really stronger that the stock plastic chassis and the center of gravity lowered , and also it's beautiful .

If you have others questions i'll try to aswer as fast as possible , sorry for my english , it is not perfect .
See you all .

Christophe

Last edited by lChristophel; 2004.06.15 at 06:09 PM.
Old 2004.06.15, 08:52 PM   #12
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
the manufacturer of the cf chassis could make some money sellign those here it would be even better if a few extra holes were added for more customized bodies such as those db uses etc.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.15, 11:19 PM   #13
Stoovey

How thick is that CF and where can I buy some? It looks like exactly what I need for my 4-link OL Crawler chassis.
Stoovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.18, 10:57 AM   #14
lChristophel

Hi all , lemécanodéjanté is working to make a small production of his chassis , it will be probably available soon , i'll tell you the price and the disponibility .
Old 2004.06.18, 01:11 PM   #15
kokopelli

lol chris, depuis le temps que "j'importe" certaine idées francaises chez nos amis americains, je suis content que tu viennes enfin

hi guys, from time to time, I was telling you about nice mods does on overland by "lemeccanodejanté" (that means: the crazy mecanician lol and he was so...)
we welcome you to come visit us by our forum , as I did since almost a year (god, time is runing...) and as arch2b does by us
just lodging, and no need to speak french to join us

I'm thinking of the hapiness for us to have an exchange of knowing beetwen, I think the two better advansed forums for overland (and racers too I think ) minizracer.com and minizone.net

arch, justify them to return visit to us, this would be great !!
a+

ps: from time to time, I almost saw pHREDD by minizone I remember now...

Last edited by kokopelli; 2004.06.18 at 08:09 PM.
kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote