Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.05.13, 07:50 PM   #1
MantisMMA
tire schredder

new Mantisworx f1 side plates

Finished making these up in time for the Carolina Cup this weekend! they have a unique "bend " in them that allows them to remain super soft but not droop as bad, typically you need some sort of top shock to fine tune but they work great!

They will be available on the website in about an hour!

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.17, 01:11 AM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
These are the best side plates that I have used on an F1. The car gained a lot of rear traction, and did not have any side to side movement that other soft sideplates that I have tried have.
Old 2010.05.17, 08:14 AM   #3
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ I can say that these, and the other Mantis parts work. I showed up at the Carolina Cup race this weekend with a good running F1. During practice on friday it semeed to be one of the best handling cars even though its speed wasnt all that quick. I was still turning consitant and quick laps compared to the field, and felt like I had a car to make and contend in the A.

Every one was jumping on Mantis parts, and I did too. The difference was that I was scared to change my set up right before this event. Others went ahead and bolted their parts up, and all of a sudden I had a slower car, and no handling advantage. I ended up qualifying in the back of the B, and with a couple of bad moves at the beginning of the race, I found myself a lap down to the field, and ended up dropping out before it was over.

I took sunday off for rest, but the first chance I get this week, I will be putting on the rest of the garb I got from Marcus this weekend. Stay tuned for pics of a fully tuned MantisWorx F1 ride, owned by me.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.17, 10:47 AM   #4
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Never ran F-1 before untill this weekend at the Carolina cup. Always hated the way the F-1 worked...........untill this weekend. The Mantis parts work. TQ 2nd , made the A main, first time out of the box.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.17, 10:56 AM   #5
EMU
EMUracing

You had an excellent run Larry. Did you use the new side plates?
Old 2010.05.17, 01:53 PM   #6
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Eugene, thanks! Yes i was using the new side plates. I should have finished even better but got to aggresive and cought to many rails that slowed myself down.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.06.09, 04:42 PM   #7
tudor_47

Have the side plates infront of me and they will not fit an original F1, that is one with the original barge board on... you need to modify either the Mantis part or the original Kyoshos plastic body part or get the MantisWorx barge board as they do not have the problem causing piece of plastic....

I will modiify the Kyosho part... (have already butherd my F1 body so much! )

I have attached a picture showing the part that gets under the MantisWorx part and needs to be removed.
I have added a second(699) picture of same part after modification, now the MantisWorx parts fit OK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00698_cropped_arrowed.jpg (39.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00699_cropped.JPG (21.7 KB, 24 views)

Get a P28

Our new track at MiniZata Were we race My P28

Last edited by tudor_47; 2010.06.09 at 04:53 PM.
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.06.09, 04:50 PM   #8
EMU
EMUracing

Do you have the Kyosho shims for the carbon side plates? Mine fit fine. The stock sideplates dont use the shims, but the carbon sideplates use the shims.
Old 2010.06.09, 04:57 PM   #9
tudor_47

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Do you have the Kyosho shims for the carbon side plates? Mine fit fine. The stock sideplates dont use the shims, but the carbon sideplates use the shims.
It was the original plastic ones, but it was the original BargeBoard that was in the way, it is now OK after cutting of a piece from each side.

Get a P28

Old 2010.06.09, 05:28 PM   #10
EMU
EMUracing

I didnt have to cut anything on the barge board... But I used the Kyosho shims from the carbon side plate set, not the Mantis ones. I just swapped the plates and left everything else the same, and the car was much more planted
Old 2010.06.09, 05:43 PM   #11
tudor_47

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
I didnt have to cut anything on the barge board... But I used the Kyosho shims from the carbon side plate set, not the Mantis ones. I just swapped the plates and left everything else the same, and the car was much more planted
Briljant!
I think I actually have a set of those lying around! Even quicker than modifying the plastic!! O well... it is done now! Thanks!

Get a P28