Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.09.30, 03:06 PM   #31
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Yes!!! Thanks
Old 2010.09.30, 04:16 PM   #32
MantisMMA
tire schredder

EMU i can only get you one of your three in until the next wave of Balls come in but by then i will have some option parts out for them so it works out ok . there will be soft arms and some high roll center mounts, also thin T plates are on the way too! i just got a HUUUUUGE order from a company in Japan that is now my euro distributer so i have also been trying to fill that order too. busy busy busy AND i am also in negotiations to open up a hobby shop/indoor racing facility which is why i wont be able to make it to the worlds this year

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.08, 01:30 PM   #33
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Ok guys sorry for the delay and absence, i have been swamped with the opening of my new hobby shop and am a bit stretched out! most oeveryone should have recieved their tri-link now and it has been my intention to get some general instructions up for the last two weeks! luckily it is a pretty straight forward install.
1. completely grind off the OEM arms flush with the chassis
2. install the arms onto the barge plate ( i suggest using a .5mm shim in between the arm and the barge plate at the front, this gives more castor) use the supplied #1 self threading screws, be careful not to overtighten them.
3. install the tweak screw on the rightside (passenger side) as this is where 99% of the tweak is, the supplied screw should be perfect for eliminateing the tweak.
4. the Tri-link will only work with Mantisworx V1 or V2 bumpers
5. now grind the main bumper plate so that it will fit in between the arms on the barge plate about 11 or 12mm
6.now place the bumper where is it supposed to go and then put the assembly on top of it and loosely screw everything down (dont tighten completely until the knuckles and tires have been installed so that you can adjust tweak)
7.now install kingpins and knuckles and your choice in springs ( i have found that the harder the springs the better)
8.once you have the tires installed set the car down on a flat surface and check for tweak ( not all chassis are tweaked and you may not need the tweak screw or you may not need it to be screwed down all the way)one of my chassis was tweaked .5mm, and the other had none. its kind of a guessing game as you will have to keep trying different settings for the tweak screw. remember that you are adding tweak to eliminate tweak so the barge plate is not goign to fit flush on the side with the screw. if you tighten down all of the OEM screws super tight you will not allow the tweak to occur so only tighten them enough to keep them from coming loose.

TIPS: this system can give you massive amounts of steering , so much that it can and will overwhelm the rear traction so there are two different trains of though on how to balance it you can go soft springs /hard tires or vice versa, it all depends on the track you are running on and driving style and dont be afraid to use your EPA adjustments! i am still working on a rear system that will get more traction but it just takes time!
thanx for your orders and please be vocal with your setups!

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.08, 02:12 PM   #34
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I just got mine in Im super stoked. I wont have time today to do the complete install, but should be able to have it done tomorrow.
Old 2010.10.08, 04:04 PM   #35
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Hope to start mine this weekend.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.08, 09:40 PM   #36
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Exciting news about the parts and even more exciting about the hobby shop!

Hope the best for you and your new endevor! Hate you won't be at the worlds.

See you around some where sometime I am sure. May be you will have a big race in TX once things start rolling.

Later,
Old 2010.10.13, 09:14 PM   #37
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

This front end is sweet!

I got mine last week and installed it a few days later. It was an easy install, a little bit of cutting and your done. My first impression is that it is alot stronger than I thought it would be and its very smooth.

After driving with it I'm hooked, tons of steering and with a little Kyosho 5k grease it was very stable. I was using K30 fronts and it was a little twitchy but still drivable. Maybe a harder tire and softer spring up front might work well. I installed the F1 king pins with yellow pn 03 low down springs.

I havent added the extra shims for more caster but plan on doing that and adding the tweak screw this weekend. I'm also going to get some lap times compared to my other F1 with a standard front end.

Reflex Racing Mantis Worx DG-Designs Psycho Cells
VAzRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.13, 09:32 PM   #38
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAzRACER View Post
This front end is sweet!

I got mine last week and installed it a few days later. It was an easy install, a little bit of cutting and your done. My first impression is that it is alot stronger than I thought it would be and its very smooth.

After driving with it I'm hooked, tons of steering and with a little Kyosho 5k grease it was very stable. I was using K30 fronts and it was a little twitchy but still drivable. Maybe a harder tire and softer spring up front might work well. I installed the F1 king pins with yellow pn 03 low down springs.

I havent added the extra shims for more caster but plan on doing that and adding the tweak screw this weekend. I'm also going to get some lap times compared to my other F1 with a standard front end.
So far im thinking the same. I did add spacers for caster. Have the same springs etc....so far so good.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote