Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > MantisWorx

Old 2010.01.26, 12:30 PM   #61
MantisMMA
tire schredder

14.00pr solid(no pattern,15pr minimum) in white. still adjustable. let me know what three offsets you like. tool is still 6.00 but the std will not work so i will have to have new ones made because of the smaller dia. do you guys want a solid design that resembles the flat face stock ones or conical like the current rears?

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.26, 12:37 PM   #62
MantisMMA
tire schredder

i can probably do a one sided tool for a bit cheaper but if you use a two side one you will not have to buy another one if you decide to get a rear set later. the smaller dia tool will work with the std dia frts too albiet not as good but it will work!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.01.26, 12:46 PM   #63
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
For the LM wheels, I think 0/1/2 would be the most common choices for offset. That way they can be used on standard MR02/MR03W, or WTF MR02... I may be interested in a pair as well
Old 2010.01.26, 12:58 PM   #64
Traveler
of both Time and Space

I agree with EMU on the 0-1-2 front offsets. As far as looks, I'm indifferent. I'm more interested in durability and performance.

Already have a set of your new rims + tool on order. You're saying that tool won't worth with LM rims you would make?
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.26, 01:14 PM   #65
dorifto46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisMMA View Post
set them and glue them and your done!!!
I read about setting and gluing them but the price point is kind of steep if i were to buy them just to set them. hopefully price will come down if they were 1 piece since it doesent require the tool?
dorifto46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.26, 01:33 PM   #66
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I agree with EMU on the 0-1-2 front offsets. As far as looks, I'm indifferent. I'm more interested in durability and performance.

Already have a set of your new rims + tool on order. You're saying that tool won't worth with LM rims you would make?
unfortunately no because the hub is smaller than the tool would be. if i end up making alot of the LM wheels i may be able to use the LM tool with std frts but i dont know as of yet. but i will taek care of ya if you have already purchased a set of wheels from me

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.01.26, 01:40 PM   #67
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifto46 View Post
I read about setting and gluing them but the price point is kind of steep if i were to buy them just to set them. hopefully price will come down if they were 1 piece since it doesent require the tool?
if you are deadset on not buying a tool from us i can sell you a set (out of the next order) without the tool but i will glue them before i ship them out! keep in mind that you can easily reuse the wheels when your tires wear out. instead of destroying other wheels!
the one pc wheels are not a priority right now and to be honest they are harder to make than the 2pc and require a lot of expensive special tooling to get them made! they wont cost more but not much if any less. but we will see at a later date. my goal for now is to get these perfected as i think it is a great idea!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.01.26, 01:54 PM   #68
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Quote:
unfortunately no because the hub is smaller than the tool would be. if i end up making alot of the LM wheels i may be able to use the LM tool with std frts but i dont know as of yet. but i will taek care of ya if you have already purchased a set of wheels from me
Gotcha! But I still want LM rims. Will reach out to racers at my LHS. Sounds like MBMZR may have interest too in addition to MHS. I really think LM front rims are viable since no one makes aftermarket ones and PN has said he has no plans to make them. If you consider making fixed offsets, then 0 (for use with WTF) and +2 (for use with standard width front end) might be the most desireable offsets.

Thanks for considering this
Old 2010.01.26, 02:35 PM   #69
dorifto46

Quote:
if you are deadset on not buying a tool from us i can sell you a set (out of the next order) without the tool but i will glue them before i ship them out! keep in mind that you can easily reuse the wheels when your tires wear out. instead of destroying other wheels!
the one pc wheels are not a priority right now and to be honest they are harder to make than the 2pc and require a lot of expensive special tooling to get them made! they wont cost more but not much if any less. but we will see at a later date. my goal for now is to get these perfected as i think it is a great idea!

Email me at ryansagisi@yahoo.com with price for wheelsb w/out tool
offset:
+1 front
+1 rear
dorifto46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.26, 02:40 PM   #70
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifto46 View Post
Email me at ryansagisi@yahoo.com with price for wheelsb w/out tool
offset:
+1 front
+1 rear
the wheels are 30per set and the tool is 6.00. i cannot break the sets right now but on the next order i will compensate for it. you can pre-order through reflex and i will have two if not three different designs by then. the current style is called superGT , the second style is called sandollar(10 spoke) and i have a BBS style im working on now. just let CT know which one you want . i will be machining the next batch next weekend!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.01.26, 07:49 PM   #71
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Marcus, I may have to reconsider the desireable front LM offsets. I assumed the Mazda 787B was +2 and the Porsche 962 was +3. But I checked the Kyosho literature and just discovered that the Mazda is +1.3 and the Porsche is +2.7. I measured the Mazda fronts and indeed they are +1.3.

So more desireable offsets might be:

-0.2 for WTF Mazda (+1.3-1.5=-0.2)
+1.2 for Std Madza or WTF Porsche (+2.7-1.5=+1.2)
+2.5 for Std Porsche (2.7 is too much and tires can catch on the boards)

Not sure about the Sauber. Will have to find my paperwork on that body's offsets.

EMU or others feel free to chime in here.
Old 2010.01.26, 08:01 PM   #72
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
When I used the Mazda body, I used 0N wheels on WTF1 car. Worked perfect. I used the same on the P962.

My recent Sauber test was with 0N on my EMU tower equipped MR015, I believe that they are 2.5ish fronts... I usually like my front wheels to be more tucked in the body than the standard offsets. I almost never use the stock wheels that come with the cars.

I still stand in my position where 0/1/2 should be the choices... I personally never use anything wider than a 1mm offset, but having the 2mm offset would be good for the LM cars, and people that may want to have more offset on them. The difference between a 0 and a -.2 is so small that you wont even notice anything. its much easier to keep everything simple, the more you try to individualise for each body, the more expensive and more production runs will need to be made.

Marcus is doing a lot to try to keep costs down. Having one set of wheels that cover all the more usefull offsets makes it cheaper to produce in the limited production runs that are being made. Also, it provides wheels that you can use, instead of sitting in a parts bin because you dont use 2mm wheels which the shop has, but they dont have any 0mm wheels which you need... One set of wheels for a shop to stock, compatable with all cars.

They may not be the cheapest wheels on the market, but they are very versatile, good looking and durable. The main reason that I like them, is once they are set in place, they are very true. Many of my dish wheels start to wobble after a while... I havent seen these do that at all, and I havent even glued them in place yet
Old 2010.01.26, 08:08 PM   #73
Traveler
of both Time and Space

I'm still surprised that the LM wheel offsets are in other than whole mm increments, so I had to do some math to adjust for it. But I'd be happy with 0/1/2.
Old 2010.01.26, 09:40 PM   #74
MantisMMA
tire schredder

thanx Eugene! i am going to work on the design over the weekend. Traveler get your group buy together and i can possibly have the lathe work done in two weeks. this weekend is already booked for the next run (grey and whites).

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.01.27, 07:29 AM   #75
hrdrvr
MBMZR

FWIW, I run 0 offsets on a WTF1 962, but I thought that set up was too wide for the 787. I think 0s on the WTF2 and the 787 would be perfect.

I agree with EMU about tucking the wheels in too. I always liked running the 787 wheels on the 962 when we had our true LM class (LM parts only).

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote