Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > MantisWorx

Old 2010.02.15, 02:30 PM   #1
MantisMMA
tire schredder

formula one fans rejoice!! SNEEK PEEK

im a big fan of F1 but not for the reasons that you may think. i like that fact that they are just simply the highest tech,fastest and quickest 4 wheel vehicles on earth (besides top fuel of course). i dont really keep up with driver changes and all of the drama etc etc. so since PN and KO are going to allow the F1 to be open this year, we as racers need to make sure that we support the class and as a manufacturer i am going to design and create high tech parts that will maek these cars the fastest on the track which is where they should be!! off of the top of my head some of the things we need are some serious front suspension upgrades, aerodynamics and the rear suspension is horrid!! its great that some have managed to tweak the cars to make them driveable but lets face it, they are not up to par! to me the steering just feels delayed no matter what you change and the rear suspension does not allow the lateral traction amount that it should. i have already designed a simply wicked rear suspension that incorporates a true four link with triangulated shocks!!! will start prototyping it in a few weeks.
at any rate here is the first project that i am working on and what you see is not for show (although it looks good) but it is for function and on my home track its allowing me to use 100% steering with new 30's (was at about 60%) and i am driving it like the MR03.

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.15, 02:51 PM   #2
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

sure is nice to see some new stuff for f1. cant wait. keep up the good work
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.15, 02:52 PM   #3
Flashsp-2
motor guru

Those are the same reasons that I love F1 cars, it just doesn't get any faster around a track. If you are going to bring mini-z F1 up to par, I just might have to finally bite the bullet and get one after all these years.

Available at www.Maine-iac-motors-rc.com
Flashsp-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.15, 04:08 PM   #4
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Oh yea!!!! Been waiting for some new F1 stuff. Its my favorite car to drive... Very hard to setup, but amazing when you get it right.

Last edited by EMU; 2010.02.15 at 04:10 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.15, 04:11 PM   #5
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Look forward to seeing some new parts for the F1s. They are big in our area, even though it's NASCAR country!
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.15, 05:04 PM   #6
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i welcome any new developments with the f1's! i am in desperate need to more steering without going to 20 deg tires. there has to be an inbetween for 30 deg tires that allow more steering.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.15, 06:30 PM   #7
MantisMMA
tire schredder

has anybody noticed the pictures and what i did??

Arch i think the problem with the front suspension is there is no caster or static camber, oh wait thats whats in the pictures!! HAHAHA so you cant get enough steering with 30's hmmm i usually try and run 40's! probably diffferent RCP. i think with this setup you can run the softer tires with out the grabbiness that you usually get. im gonna test it out on a full track tomorrow and make a few variations next week. right now its got 1.5* static camber and 1* caster feels good so far

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.02.15, 09:10 PM   #8
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
yep. just not to much to comment on without an explination of what were looking at exactly. nice cf isn't much of a useful comment

20's are too much and 30's are just a hair not enough for steering for me. 30 rears and i'm sliding out the rear. i've never been able to find that happy medium for my style. i'm looking for that little extra grip up front. just enough to keep me going where i'm pointed but not enough to spin me out.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.15, 09:25 PM   #9
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Might be easier to tell with a little better resolution on the photos...
Are you pulling, or flexing, in and back on the plastic chassis arms with the carbon bits to get the caster and camber or do you cut the chassis?

If you could make a lower part to carry 03 kingpins and hinged upper a-arms that would be pretty cool.
Old 2010.02.15, 09:34 PM   #10
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocamp View Post
Might be easier to tell with a little better resolution on the photos...
Are you pulling, or flexing, in and back on the plastic chassis arms with the carbon bits to get the caster and camber or do you cut the chassis?

If you could make a lower part to carry 03 kingpins and hinged upper a-arms that would be pretty cool.

the tops are shaved off to make room for the carbon plates and the upper hole is drilled out to .140 to allow the kingpin to angle in and back at the same time! i sketched out a way to make use of the 03 kingpins but the entire upper plate has to be made from billet. hopefully there is enough interest in F1 to warrant me making them but im gonna make at least one for myself!! but im gonna make custom upper arms so it still looks like formula 1.

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.02.15, 09:34 PM   #11
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Scale this down:

Old 2010.02.15, 09:59 PM   #12
J-Milz

Yeah! LOL!!!
Old 2010.02.15, 10:39 PM   #13
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I definitely want this for my F1...
Old 2010.02.16, 12:34 AM   #14
Felix2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashsp-2 View Post
Those are the same reasons that I love F1 cars, it just doesn't get any faster around a track. If you are going to bring mini-z F1 up to par, I just might have to finally bite the bullet and get one after all these years.
Do it up Flash!!! I'ma join you
Felix2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.16, 06:35 AM   #15
z3zinho

It's nice to see someone picking up the F1 and develop some new parts for it. It's a really fun class to drive.

Just a couple of things i think you should look into, ackerman, and shorter wheelbase ,a couple of MM maybe but not enough that the car looks weird because the awesome thing about this cars is their scale look.