Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > MantisWorx

Old 2010.02.16, 07:44 AM   #16
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i'm sure you will have enough buyers for a small run. i'm in
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.16, 08:07 AM   #17
MantisMMA
tire schredder

glad to see that there is some decent interest! so my plan of attack will be:

upper arms with static caster/camber (testing today)
front wheel/covers (will allow the front to slide whenever you hit the wall)
motor mount (dont think there is room to shorten the wheelbase though, major project)
front end 03 style conversion (this will be an intense project because the entire front end will need to be replaced along with the servo cover)
CNC cut wing patterns (cheap and easy to replace when you break, they will be assemble yourself)
someone sent me some nice front wing /bumper designs that i am going to make for them(cant say who it is, but they are serious about it)

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.16, 08:20 AM   #18
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Im always in for F1 when its on the class list! I cant wait to see what you come up with Mantis!

From the blurry pics, I thought you might be doing a flex plate upper suspension with active camber I cant make out nay psrings on those knucks.....

Are you planning to make the front bumper within the same width limits as the Kyosho one? One of the rules at our track is that any aftermarket bumpers must be more narrow than the front wheels/tires. Open wheel racing isnt "open wheel" racing if they are tucked in

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.16, 08:25 AM   #19
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Make it and they will buy it! I will any way.
Old 2010.02.16, 08:55 AM   #20
arch2b

just curious but what improvements are to be had/made over the current atomic or pn motor mount?

top on the list would be compatibility with the new kyosho disc damper kit.

interested to see the wheel covers. do you plan to make them scale replicating the covers currently used in f1?
Old 2010.02.16, 09:48 AM   #21
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

i am definitly interested in anything F1.... this may really bring the class back... cant wait...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.16, 11:24 AM   #22
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

the wheel covers are a good idea,im currently using super glue on the sidewalls so they slide off the rails
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.16, 11:54 AM   #23
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Great!!! I will be waiting patiently for the new performance parts.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.16, 04:04 PM   #24
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
just curious but what improvements are to be had/made over the current atomic or pn motor mount?

top on the list would be compatibility with the new kyosho disc damper kit.

interested to see the wheel covers. do you plan to make them scale replicating the covers currently used in f1?
its not the pod as much as it is the entire design, having those long carbon side plates allow the wheelbase to change entirely too much and the rear end in general just sux!! not near the amount of traction as the 02/03's that with the front end having entirely too muc bit in general makes the cars do wierd things when you are driving them, they should not be so hard to drive in general. has anyone else notice that the car dirves better without the wing?? if you press the wing down the chassis goes up......that aint good!! any downforce that you get actually raises the center of the chassis.

the wheel covers will actually double as the wheel nut so i will sell them fully round and you will have to trim yourself because there is no way to know where the lead thread on the axle starts.

after driving the new front end today i got good news and bad news, good is that it actually works quite well but totally overcomes the rear. so im gonna try and absurd amount of caster next week. and this was with 4* of camber!! i really hate the rear end of these things

Marcus Williams

Last edited by MantisMMA; 2010.02.16 at 05:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 2010.02.16, 04:18 PM   #25
arch2b

ah, thanks for the detailed description.

yes, i find my f1 difficult to drive because i'm always fighting too much steering or not enough rear traction. i have not been able to find a comfortable middle ground in all this time and have adjusted my driving to suit the chassis which means i'm going slow and smooth.

there have been times where my f1 works brilliantly only to take it to another track and it fails completely. other times i feel it does well only to take it out of my box a week later and it's very different even on the same track.

basically, the f1 is a fickle b*&%. i love racing them however so i keep at it.

by the time your done with the front end and rear end it sounds like we won't have much of the stock chassis left. i'm not complaining mind you. it's easy to buy a replacement stock chassis to begin this project f1 vs. hacking the only operational one i have by simply transplanting the board and servo.

what makes the wheel cover tricky is, knuckle shafts varry in length. some are short, some are very long depending on the brand.

can't wait to see what you come up with!
Old 2010.02.16, 05:53 PM   #26
MantisMMA
tire schredder

the cover will replace the nut so its not really going to matter much!!! i agree that they are finicky bitches, learned that today it really pizzed me off!!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.02.19, 11:52 AM   #27
mini-z
Administrator

Looking good M, please get in touch RE stocking this stuff in the Shop when you get a chance!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.19, 11:24 PM   #28
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z View Post
Looking good M, please get in touch RE stocking this stuff in the Shop when you get a chance!
will do man, new machine coming soon and then things will happen faster!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.02.20, 07:01 PM   #29
MantisMMA
tire schredder

ok since we are building this F1 together, here are some of the thoughts that i am going through with this car! please give me some feedback. ok well the front end prototype works but since the back is sooooo bad it cannot keep up unless you go with hard tires up front and that kinda defeats the purpose! to me the rear plate system just allows the wheelbase to move around too much and there is no "pivot point" that you can put a finger on point blank not only are the plates too long they should not be on the outside. now i know that you dont really have a choice of where they can go and for what it is it has worked but we all know it can be better. it was built for space requirements first and functionality second. as soon as my carbon comes in i will test out a few more setups and then the upper arms will be for sale, as of right now i just think it has too much bite for the rear so im gonna attempt to fix that via caster. here are some better pix of what i have done:

so i shaved down the top of the tower bar just enough to allow the carbon plate to fit under the kingpin slot (.705 cut to .650) and then drill teh top hole of the tower bar out to .140 to allow the kingpin to move around for different caster/camber

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.02.25, 03:07 PM   #30
LadyFox_VT24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocamp View Post
Scale this down:

Wow! very nice i would like to see this on my F1.

Don't hate the driver! Hate the game! I'm 51% Fox and 49% B**ch! DON'T PUSH IT!
LadyFox_VT24 is offline   Reply With Quote