Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.05.02, 07:31 AM   #31
MantisMMA
tire schredder

v1 and v2 are the same dimensionally. thats a good idea about v3! i will work on that!

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.02, 03:50 PM   #32
MantisMMA
tire schredder

ok so here is some more prototype work on the V2 wing (its more of a wing than bumper now) and my R30 replica paint scheme! let me know what ya think. The more i drive the car i notice that it pushes at high speeds and that is because of the wing and wing mount doing their job, so this wing has a decent amount of downforce. this is a one off and is made of aluminum because thats all i had lying around. they will not be made of aluminum as it will bend if hit hard enough.

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.05.02, 03:59 PM   #33
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Are you taking orders for v2?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.02, 04:16 PM   #34
MantisMMA
tire schredder

yes but they will not ship til the end of next week and i wont have many as i am making a bunch to take with me to the carolina cup in two weeks! and there are still a few bugs i want to change. what do you think about the design?

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.05.02, 04:18 PM   #35
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I really like that version 2 prototype. I think you need a little air under the wing for it to work properly. So the little gap that you have should be good. The air under the wing is what provides the downforce, not the air above it.

Your Renault scheme looks really good. Making me think about painting my newest body after a current F1 team rather than my own colors...
Old 2010.05.02, 04:32 PM   #36
MantisMMA
tire schredder

thanx! i think the wing is about a detailed as it needs to be to keep everybody happy! it doesnt deflect as good as the V1 but good enough for the more experienced drivers. maybe on a tight track use V1 and V2 on an open track? what do you think about leaving the strakes exposed? at first it concerned me but when its on the car it looks pretty good and if they were left carbon you wouldnt even really see it.

yea you should paint a car up! im doin the virgin car also for my back up car. Man Pattos place has stickers for everything!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.05.02, 05:20 PM   #37
EMU
EMUracing

Deflection is not my primary concern with the bumper. Keeping the car all in one piece is what really matters to me. I have had the front Kyosho bumper break a little, and drag on the track making the car nearly undriveable.

I will think about it...
Old 2010.05.02, 07:33 PM   #38
Roger

Im not into F1's, but that is pretty coooool . Goodjob !!
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.02, 10:37 PM   #39
kwsmith29

Nice, can't wait to look at one in pearson...

Wade
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.10, 09:01 PM   #40
MantisMMA
tire schredder

painted/stickered up V2 wings!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.05.10, 09:07 PM   #41
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
now thats what im talking about!the wing on the yellow car looks AWESOME!

BTW...wheres the "F" duct....

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Last edited by yasuji; 2010.05.10 at 10:51 PM.
yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.10, 09:12 PM   #42
QuantumRC

Thumbs up

Super nice!! Can't wait to get ours!!

Last edited by QuantumRC; 2010.05.11 at 07:17 PM.
QuantumRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.10, 10:45 PM   #43
EMU
EMUracing

Both cars look REALLY good. I have never dressed up an F1 to look like a real F1. It takes so much time and effort. I love the way the Virgin came out... One thing about it though, its a little dark and may blend in with the RCP, which may not be a problem for the driver, but could be a problem when working your way around traffic

Both are great representations of the full scale models. I noticed how smooth the Renault was, and was going to ask if you did body work. It looks really good. I have always disliked all the little pieces of bodywork slapped onto the body all over the place with the mid 2000 F1s. I like a smooth look on the cars, F1 cars should be smooth and curvy like a hot woman... I usually strip down my F1 bodies (even autoscales) to make them smooth. I think it gives better aero to the rear wing, and wont hurt a marshalls hand if they grab it the wrong way.
Old 2010.05.10, 11:01 PM   #44
MantisMMA
tire schredder

the virgin car is my backup car (unless it works better than the R30!) it is basically a stock SP-1 with tower bars and my sideplates, it runs realy good except im getting that "inside tire spinning" thing if you push it too hard, i think it is the stock front springs causing it. besides that is it a good running car. i did a tremendous amout of bodywork to the R30 i had to hide those inboard shocks that it has. i think the current f1 cars are the best in years.

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.05.11, 11:40 AM   #45
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
the virgin car looks great! you've done a marvelous job with it. i hope it serves you well

i'll be ordering my v2 wing as soon as you get a batch made for public consumption. unless your working on v3...
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote