Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.03.09, 12:56 AM   #31
MantisMMA
tire schredder

My Tamiya F104

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.09, 06:23 AM   #32
machgo5go
DJ Eddie!

F104 pro!

My buddy in Japan's own creation. Love to get one but can't find a place in Northeast close enough to run seriously so lucky you!
MR-03 S2K Narrow AT60T Nihm
MR-03 BRZ Narrow PN70T Nihm
MR-03 Enzo Ferrari GT Concept Xspeed SP2012
MR-03VE 2005 NSXGT AT 12000KV w/Lipo
MR-02 Nissan R390 GT Lemans 39T PN
AMZ Benz TC 8500KV
X Power IDT Ultra 5600KV Audi
X Power IMT Ultra 6800KV M3
MB-010 FT86 Comic Racer 39T PN
MF-015 Mclaren MP4-25 50T w/Lipo PN
MR-01 Mugen NSX-GT 02 X Speed Retired
dNaNo FX-101MM T2 XANAVI NISMO GT-R

MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " A Place To Escape from Reality"! TD
214 State St. Suite 209
Hackensack, NJ 07601. 201-820-1347
LIVE Mini-Z RACING EVERY Fri at 7 PM.
Outdoor Saturday On Road Racing 1/8GTVE,1/10TC&USGT

DG DESIGNS

machgo5go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.09, 07:56 AM   #33
MantisMMA
tire schredder

My tri-shock chassis kit:

Marcus Williams
Old 2011.03.09, 04:06 PM   #34
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
What do you guys run with the T-Plate?

I read below that folks don't run the side springs with the t-plate setup.

Do you run the Disk Damper? Or is the plate stiff enough that you don't need it?

If no DD, then do you run a spring?

Also, when PN came out with new tires for the F1 a few years ago, traction picked way up. What are you guys using for tires?

Come Race with us!!! Club Pics
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.09, 04:45 PM   #35
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris View Post
I read below that folks don't run the side springs with the t-plate setup.

Do you run the Disk Damper? Or is the plate stiff enough that you don't need it?

If no DD, then do you run a spring?

Also, when PN came out with new tires for the F1 a few years ago, traction picked way up. What are you guys using for tires?
Some use the springs and some dont, its all preference. I dont like using them, it makes the car have alot of steering mid-exit inthe corner.

Again with the dds, some use it some dont. You need something to dampen the rear end though, otherwise it will just bounce around. I ran side plates and a rear shock for a long time with no side springs and it worked just fine.

I have been using K30 front and K20 rear tires. The PN fronts seem to be ok but the rears would only be good for one run for me. I need to mess around with them again, maybe it was just a bad batch or something.

Reflex Racing Mantis Worx DG-Designs Psycho Cells
VAzRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.09, 07:01 PM   #36
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

I am using the T-plate system with the Kyosho dampner and shock. It is by far the most consistant system I have used or tried.

I would highly recommend using it, you will not be disappointed. The Mantis side plates also work well if you don't like the idea removing the T plate each time.

The wing and front diffuser work great as well. If anything get the front diffuser at the very least.
Old 2011.03.09, 07:38 PM   #37
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

for sure get the front bumper. it is a must. i am interested in trying the g10 tplate. i wanted to as, can you do the barge board out of the same material you made the plastic wings out of?
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.09, 10:30 PM   #38
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
for sure get the front bumper. it is a must. i am interested in trying the g10 tplate. i wanted to as, can you do the barge board out of the same material you made the plastic wings out of?
cant make it out of that material it is a pain in the butt to cut which is why i stopped making the wings out of it! why would you want that anyway??

Marcus Williams
Old 2011.03.13, 04:48 PM   #39
MantisMMA
tire schredder

matlerial came in saturdy so the team guys will have some prototypes sometime this week!

Marcus Williams
Old 2011.03.13, 04:52 PM   #40
Felix2010

@MANTIS - The Tamiya F1 is so sweet.... You ever think about producing a true rear-link suspension for the Mini-Z F1 similar to the F104??? Or are your T-plates for the Mini-Z F1 just as good IYO??
Old 2011.03.13, 05:10 PM   #41
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Felix,

One major issue is designing the system to work with very little clearance between the motormount and the chassis. Also, the center ball pivot would have nothing to attach to on the chassis. If you use a battery cover, similar to how the t-plate is mounted, but mount the pivot ball to that, it may work, but how much better than a t-plate will it be? And will it produce more grip than the t-plate setup?

I have been toying with this idea for a long time... and every time I get a good idea, I have a bunch of other ideas that need to be worked out to make it work. In general, it is complicated due to the battery tray opening on the bottom (ideally I would like to use the standard battery cover). There is also nearly no room to work with under the body. Marcus and I have been bouncing around this idea for at least a year, as well as a few others...
Old 2011.03.13, 05:32 PM   #42
Felix2010

^ THat's cool, I figured this idea about a linkage rear-end has been tried or proto'ed with no success... I actually think the Mantis T-plate is a great idea, and I honestly don't see to many negatives with it either, so I think that I might have to try the Mantis T-plate system (Super-soft sounds great). Thanks for your input as always EMU
Old 2011.03.13, 05:47 PM   #43
MantisMMA
tire schredder

there is just no space to do anything and still keep the body looking somewhat like an F1.I HATE having crap sticking out of the body. once LIFE and BL kicks into the mini-z world i can make a complete chassis that will put the batteries in a better spot and even go partially independent (like the AWD). one thing that we do in 10/12th scale pan cars (basically mini-z) is go with a 1s LIPO setup which cuts the voltage in half but you compensate that by running a hotter motor and gearing the crap out of it and they are still fast as crap , you really dont notice it because of the weight. i guess this would work with mini-z if you think about it, go with 2 high MAH batteries and a super hot wound motor (like a 20t or 15t). the 2 cells could be rotated and sit on the outer most part of the stock chassis and that would leave a bunch of room in the center. only problem with this is it would not be legal in anything other than local racing (if even that).

Marcus Williams
Old 2011.03.13, 05:50 PM   #44
MantisMMA
tire schredder

HMMMMMMMM i just thought about it if you go with lower voltage and a hotter motor you could actually almost go direct drive using an AWD dif!! you dont need the extra gear reduction. i may have to actually work on this. i dont think it would be lightspeed faster than what we have now but i think it will handle better and more consistent.

Marcus Williams
Old 2011.03.13, 06:11 PM   #45
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Marcus, all sounds good. Be looking forward to more T-bar options.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote