Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.02.10, 06:04 PM   #106
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

My albums are updated.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.03.24, 12:27 AM   #107
TPDazzle

Impressive looking collection of custom bodies! I enjoy seeing your work. I've been working on some of my own, but I only have a couple done. One problem I've been having is that my bodies paint chip like crazy once they get in some minor wrecks on the track. I'm curious about what type of paint you use and whether you have found a way to make it more durable. I airbrush thinned Tamiya Acrylic on Tamiya-Primered white bodies, and then follow up with Tamiya Clear (thinned and airbrushed as well. After everything is cured, I polish and wax everything up. It is frustrating to go to all that trouble and then see the paint on the front of my car chip to the white plastic on the first collision. If you have any advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.04.01, 05:24 PM   #108
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I honestly don't think I have any advice for you...I use Tamiya airbrush pots as well straight onto the white body.

I get 2 issues:

1. As you've stated I get some rub and cracking marks in the paint.
2. I sometimes also get a weird spider cracking in the paint under the clear coat which I believe has to do with the flexing of the body on and off of the chassis mounts.

All in all I mostly ignore the tiny dramas. I' used to be afraid of running the bodies but now I see it as the effects of racing that also occurs on 1:1 liveries as well....ever see what an Audi R8GT3 looks like at the end of a real life sprint race?

One other thing I've trended towards is doing mostly white race cars as it's less noticeable when impact chips occur on white bodies.

I guess long story short (too late!) is learn to live with it if you want custom bodies.

my custom body album...
Old 2018.04.01, 08:19 PM   #109
TPDazzle

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to keep experimenting. I have started some classic Le Man's cars for some vintage racing we have planned.

I look forward to seeing more of your work!
Old 2018.04.09, 07:11 AM   #110
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I really like the Oakley R8! What scale did you get those decals at? I just bought the decals for the 911 GT1 Marlboro car myself and look to complete that in the coming month(s).
For the Hankook schemes, it turns out so much better applying the striping with paint. I struggled with the same issue of decals not matching scale and just painted them on. Thankful I did as it turned out much better for me.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.04.10, 03:58 PM   #111
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I wound up buying both the 1/24 scale and the 1/27 scale decals for the Oakley R8 as fitment was off both in length and width for either of the scales. I blended the pieces together with some careful cutting and minor overlapping.

I have the Hankook decals for an upcoming Mosler project. I will be doing the paint stripes this time.

The Marlboro 911 GT1 that I did still ranks as one of my favorites. I have a GT1 coming out soon that will be a full custom creation with some leftover decals as a client request.

Stay tuned to my gallery....

my custom body album...
Old 2018.04.11, 06:53 AM   #112
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I also have the 'hole in the wall' decals coming for the 911 GT1. I took a chance as the livery is a bit odd, unique. I may keep looking for a suitable Martini livery that can be adapted to the GT1. There are just so many versions of the Martini livery to look at, making it hard to pick.

Patto has such a large variety of R8 livery to choose from. I'd love to do one of the Playstation game themed but they all tend to be black base color

Anyway, i'm subscribed and looking forward to seeing what you do next.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.19, 09:54 PM   #113
TPDazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b;465341_

Patto has such a large variety of R8 livery to choose from. I'd love to do one of the Playstation game themed but they all tend to be black base color

Anyway, i'm subscribed and looking forward to seeing what you do next.
I made the Playstation R8 in black, and it dissappears on the track, however, I have seen a bright red version, and all the decals would work great on red. You should give it a try!
Old 2019.03.30, 04:15 PM   #114
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

looks like photobucket has allowed free accounts again....

Hankook Mosler MT900

my custom body album...
Old 2019.03.30, 04:20 PM   #115
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

SuperGT YellowHat Nissan 350Z

Interprogress Bank Lamborghini Murcielago GT1

my custom body album...
Old 2019.03.30, 04:24 PM   #116
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

These bodies were my toughest to date.

2018 Leman GT-Pro Porsche "pink pig retro"

ADAC Masters Audi R8 LMS 2015- BWT

This one was a full body wrap to get the carbonation effect through the entire pink surface...in total about 12hours to complete from white body to clear coat.

my custom body album...
Old 2019.03.30, 07:59 PM   #117
MTseo

Really impressive. I am going to have to try a custom body someday. Not sure if I have a steady enough hand for it but it seems like it would be a lot of fun and rewarding.
Old 2020.10.04, 05:59 PM   #118
Minizorro

Thumbs up Mosler

always very classy the Mosler, this livery works beautifully, clean and bold!

Last edited by Minizorro; 2020.10.05 at 04:05 AM.
Minizorro is offline   Reply With Quote