Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.09.08, 01:06 AM   #1
Flashsp-2
motor guru

FS AD Band AWD, module, SC430

Name:Aaron Mullins
Description:AD AWD, module, etc
Price:$250 shipped ($220 minus body, cells, universals)

Here it is, my modded stock class racer. It has an AD band board and AD band module (will work in the Ko Propo Mars series and Helios, as well as the Futaba 3PK with a slight modification). AD band is a step above normal AM mini-z, the response is faster, the signal is clearer, and the power deliver is much smoother. It's also getting much more difficult to find at shops anywhere. The AD band was not designed for the AWD, so this is your chance to own quite a rare piece of hardware; there are very few AD band AWD cars out there. This board has been hardwired to the chassis to eliminate power loss and reduce the chance of static shut down, something this car has never experienced. This also removes any pressure from the wiring under the top cover, which prevents unnecessary stress on the board and chassis. The board also has stacked FETs, 6 total 3010, which are the some of the smoothest power delivering FETs on the market, in my opinion. The car is set-up for RCP racing, with a gear diff in front and a ball diff in the rear. The ball diff has been upgraded with ATM delrin gear, ceramic balls, and a thrust bearing. The plates have also been wet sanded to ensure flatness and smoothness. This diff is outstanding, and has to be felt to believe how smooth it is. The diff has also been shimmed properly to prevent any skipping, and has proper mesh. The entire drivetrain is very smooth. The motor is a PN 70t stock, which is a great balance of speed and acceleration. This is the same motor used in the PN World Championship (stock class) and for the HFAY series. The motor runs so cool that I have found no additional heat-sink clip to be necessary. Below is a list of all the hop-ups on the car.

Kyosho
SP chassis top cover
AD band PCB
20 degree wide radials (rear), 70% new
B (0.5*) rear tierod
0 front tierod

Avid
Open bearings (best non-ceramic on the market)

Atomic
Rear ball diff, thrust bearing upgrade, delrin ring gear, ceramic balls
Dish wheels (+1 rear)

PN Racing
Stock 70T motor
Dish wheels (3.5 front), 15* slicks-90% new
Pro II spring set

Kawada
Spiral antenna
Laydown crystal adapter

3 Racing
1* front knuckles, 2* rear knuckles (incredibly smooth, very durable)

Extras
Kyosho 30 semi-wide slicks 95% new
Pit Shimizu 15 (very hard to find now)
Kyosho 30 narrow slicks 70% new
Atomic delrin front pinion

Other Extras (included with $250 price)
3 Racing heavy-duty universals
SC430 Open Interface Autoscale body, heavily modified for the AWD chassis
Vapextech 1100 high output cells (imported from Europe)

The AD band is the original uber-upgrade for the mini-z series. This car gets excellent reception everywhere I have run it, and I have never experienced any shutdown issues. I love this car, but I prefer to run the AWD for mod-class. This car only has a few hours (less than 5-6) on it, and is in like-new condition. I'm sure that I am missing a few things. This car is in outstanding condition, as I always take great care of my cars. It runs very flat and has great power delivery, balance, and signal reception. The car handles very neutral, and is easy to drive for beginners all the way up. The front knuckles have been shimmed to prevent any droop, but don’t have any preload on the springs either. The bottom of the chassis has been shaved to prevent snagging on the RCP tiles. This car is pure performance, with no unnecessary upgrades or additional hefty alloy parts. Everything was chosen for performance reasons only. If you have any questions let me know, either here, PM, or email. Don't pass up an opportunity to own a great car like this. Also, if you would like to have the module pin-out changed for a 3PK, just let me know, as the module PCB has already been modified to fit into a 3PK module.

Available at www.Maine-iac-motors-rc.com
Flashsp-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.09, 06:23 AM   #2
Flashsp-2
motor guru

Bump

It's posted up on the 'bay as well 150292036270

Available at www.Maine-iac-motors-rc.com
Flashsp-2 is offline   Reply With Quote