Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.07.16, 08:22 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
July 29, 2006 GTG

According to our new format, which i think worked very well, we will be racing the following:

DC Spec Class
DC Open Class
DC F1 Class

i'll have to dig up the qualifying setup but this should run well considering we got 3 races done last gtg even with the long core debacle and left plenty of time for some fun outside.

Spoon obviously will not be at this gtg due to his trip to Mini-Z Motherland we wish him al lthe luck and ofcourse are very jealous. give'em hell over there is you get a chance to race!

i should have my open car dialed in by this time. i swapped out the 8 deg front tires for gpm 30's. this gives me more understeer which i needed. i just need to get the tweak out and resolve the spinning to left and i think i'll be set.

my spec car is running nicely. i have to give ccson props for finding the atomic standard motor. this runs very well and it should be very interesting to see what we can all do when running the same motor and the freedom to change anything else.

f1, still haev not gotten this figured out. i still have the spinning to one side. i don't think i will be very competitive in this class till this is resolved but it should be a hell of a race anyhow.

i should have my awd nice and blinged up for this gtg as well.

soyverde/bill, i emailed the ebay guy about the carisma f1's. i'll let you know if i get a promising reply.

i still won't have the upgrade motor for the half eight. it's low on the priority list as it's all for fun until kenontap and chuckyluv get a dirt track done. i might, just might have the half eight jdsf by then. crossing my fingers
Old 2006.07.17, 12:53 PM   #2
arch2b

construction in the basement should be starting in less than a month.... i will have to coordinate track and computer setup accordingly. there won't be anything down there but tables, chairsm the track and laptop hopefully, in that area. if it's not available, i will have to see what i can do about having it at 'the track' or if there will be any space in the garage. trouble there is, it will get hot unless i can find a window unit to use for the day.
Old 2006.07.17, 01:30 PM   #3
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Here's the guidelines for the Mega Series. All of the qualifiers are different so it's probably worht taking a second look. Actually, I meant to print them out and bring them to the GTG so everyone could get familiar with them.

I would like to see how the F1 "fastest lap" quals work out!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DC GTG Mega Series 2007.pdf (19.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 2006.07.18, 09:43 AM   #4
arch2b

will you be tracking results for each cllass entered for each driver? i wonder if core would allow plugins for doing the scoring side of events? it would save soo much work/conversion if something could be done in core using the data it already produces. i'll have to post this in the core support section. i am sure there is someone with the necessary skills.

soyverde, can you email me directions for doing a clean uninstall? i want to totally wipe core off the system and try to new latest version but i've read you have to either totally clean existing versions off and or never have had run core before inorder to get the latest version to work correctly.
Old 2006.07.18, 10:24 AM   #5
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

arch: Without a copy of core, I'm afraid I can't really give you detailed instructions. James might be able to, though. The uninstall in your control panel should handle all but the registry settings, and I'm definitely not comfortable trying to direct you through those without a copy of core on XP in front of me (and I just gave away my only computer running XP). If you want, I should be able to make it to the next GTG pretty early, and we could try a clean uninstall/reinstall then. Also, I would suggest you reinstall the USB drivers on the Dell that is showing the blue screen of death when plugging in USB cables.
Old 2006.07.18, 11:04 AM   #6
arch2b

i got a copy of the latest version (thanks brian). we can do it on the 29th.

i tried reloading usb drivers on the dell with the blue screen of death and it did not seem to help. i would contact dell but the warranty recently ran out naturally i'm on my own for this one. i'll have to take it down during the buildout so it won't even be running for months so i'm in no hurry to tackle that one when i have the other rebuild to finish by the end of summer.
Old 2006.07.18, 11:19 AM   #7
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
will you be tracking results for each cllass entered for each driver? i wonder if core would allow plugins for doing the scoring side of events? it would save soo much work/conversion if something could be done in core using the data it already produces. i'll have to post this in the core support section. i am sure there is someone with the necessary skills.
I can do it by hand without too much trouble. I already have a spreadsheet setup to keep track of the points. It would be nice if Core had a "Race Series" mode. I think I have seen something for timing running races or MTB races somewhere that might do it. If not I might be able to put something together in Java, but with all of the time it would take to build and debug, it's easier to do it by hand. At least with 4-8 drivers it's easier.

Maybe I'll see what I can do.
Old 2006.07.19, 07:27 PM   #8
arch2b

i got my new parts today! already replaced the hfay car wheels with the chrome atomic dish wheels.

i'll try to get to the pan car parts install by the end of the week and have the awd blinged out by the end of the weekend.

i will also have the half eight jdsf before the 29th as well provided the shop receives them on time.

no word on carisma's yet. chuckyluv said there was a local maryland shop selling them....
Closed Thread