Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.07.30, 05:13 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
August 12, 2006 GTG

ok, basement construction starts this monday jul 31st and is scheduled to last 6-8 weeks. i have to coordinate with the contractors is it's possibel to have access to a large enough space in the basement to hold gtg's for the next 4 gtg's tops. worst case, we miss a month of hfay unless someone comes up with a solution. i always seem to miss opportunities to talk to mim at 'the track'.

regardless, i bought the necessary replacement parts for my racers and my new f1 with the eventual upgrades.

i still have to figure out whats wrong with my half eight jdsf. i wish i had tried it while kenontap was still here.

next up for me is to sell off a racer to pay for one of the new fet racers.
Old 2006.08.03, 03:51 AM   #2
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

So, I think Arch already asked about these and I don't know if they are coming to the shop but I found a part number for the Hummer body mounts for the Monster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kshmvb09-2.JPG (87.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 2006.08.03, 05:03 AM   #3
arch2b

i believe david already has them in stock now

i was hoping the new va guys would have come to the last gtg but they were a no show maybe they can make it this time?
Old 2006.08.03, 08:50 AM   #4
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
i believe david already has them in stock now
kewl...it's hard to stay in touch when I'm halfway around the world
Old 2006.08.04, 09:57 PM   #5
chuckyluv

Send a message via Yahoo to chuckyluv
i miss y'all alot

it is my fortune to be down in georgia while spoon is around the world and arch's place is under construction! the move i mentioned is under way and i am now living in Brunswick Ga. the atlanta gtg may in my near future. i will return to dc in a few weeks to fill in the rest of my stuff. i will hopefully make the trip on a gtg weekend. the is no evidence of the stuff we love here but i only have had a few days to check it out!!! anyway i have been building on my 1/43 track and hope to get the mini 96 out and try to see what comes of some laps in the garage or driveway...
Old 2006.08.09, 10:03 AM   #6
ccson

August 12 GTG

What's up DC GTG?

I assume we are on for racing on Saturday.
It will be good to get back on the track (and in the pits).

Well, the IWaver radio broke again.
I think the wheel spring or another internal part snapped. I will take a look inside but I think I will be looking for another radio.
In the meantime, I will dust off the old Kyosho KX-3 or KX-5.

See you guys on Saturday.

Spoon, I assume you will be back as well?
Old 2006.08.09, 10:08 AM   #7
arch2b

as of today, the basement is nice and clean. unless construction in the next 2 days explodes, i don't see a problem putting the track up for saturday in the basement. if anything i could use some help carting it from the garage to the basement for setup.

worst case, we setup outside. it's supossed to be a beautiful day so that should not be really bad.

i believe spoon said he would try to make it back by this gtg. we certainly did well in teh hfay rankings for july so the pressures on to keep it up.

anyone here from the new guys in va? have not had any replies from them.

i was hoping to get the repalcement parts i had to order from rc station... they are taking much longer than typical asian shiping though.
Old 2006.08.09, 02:41 PM   #8
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

I'll be back with some new things to try out. Nothing too crazy, I managed to keep it fairly under control during my two weeks in the motherland!

I should be ready to roll. I am still pretty jetlagged but I have only been back in town for a day.

ccson, I can bring my Futaba 2PL if you want to use that.

We are running HFAY and OL this weekend right? I guess we could squeeze in last month's F1 if we had time. It's cool with me either way...just putting it out there.

See you Saturday.
Old 2006.08.09, 06:42 PM   #9
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

ccson: You are also free to take my Iwaver TX (you can have it), if you dare. I can't say I'm surprised, I've attached a pic of some of the soldering on my first (dead) Iwaver TX's board. One of the wires (second from left) is practically laying on top of the solder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Iwaver_TX_soldering.jpg (60.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 2006.08.09, 08:01 PM   #10
arch2b

sounds like what happened to me wiht my kyosho kt2 or 5. the knob wheel stop broke.
Old 2006.08.10, 08:27 PM   #11
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Getting Ready

Well, I am getting ready for the GTG. Batteries are charging and I should have a few parts to assemble my new OL. Hopefully I can get it in some kind of shape to run the obstacles with you guys. It's a little dark for racing but I think this is my best paint job yet...

Who's on the confirmed driver list for Saturday? It sounds like Soy and CCSON are definitely in.
Old 2006.08.10, 09:05 PM   #12
arch2b

man, thats sweet! it's going to take atleast 20 minutes to get your overland back together. i stripped it down completely. email me with a total i owe you and i'll try to get the cash for you unless paypal is ok. do you have harrier wheels? if not i should.
Old 2006.08.10, 10:04 PM   #13
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

I don't have any Harrier wheels but I do have these...

I got the wheels off of the bay along with some other parts at a really good price. I have another set if anyone is interested. They are really cheap.

Also Paypal is fine. I am not sure what the total is going to be. I picked up a couple of bodies specifcally for you, a couple for SoyVerde and then there's a couple of things that I picked up because they were cool. Some tires, some parts, some white bodies. We can settle up at the end of the day. It's going to depend on who wants what. Also, I picked up an extra Mini-Cooper just in case we were interested in using that for a body class. That will give us at least four.

Also, I literally have a bag of parts to put on the overland. Shock mounts, motor case, oil shocks, bearings, tires, kingpins. Some of it I got from the bay auction and some of it from Tokyo. You guys will get to see it all on Saturday...well, not ALL, just what I decided not to keep.
Old 2006.08.10, 10:12 PM   #14
arch2b

those look nice and will certainly pop with that color body. those tires upfront will casue serious oversteer.

whatever is not taken by someone i will take of for you. i don't want you getting stuck with anything.

rebuilding the overland will be fun and a good experience if you have not done so yet.
Old 2006.08.10, 10:47 PM   #15
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
those look nice and will certainly pop with that color body. those tires upfront will casue serious oversteer.

Do you usually run stock tires up front. I had an overland once but I just ran swampers.

whatever is not taken by someone i will take of for you. i don't want you getting stuck with anything.

We'll see how it plays out. I appreciate the offer. Hopefully I didn't get anything completely useless so even if you or I get stuck with it, it should be okay.

rebuilding the overland will be fun and a good experience if you have not done so yet.

I messed with OL's a little bit. Not nearly as much as the MR02 but enough to know what goes where. It should be pretty fun putting it back together, better stronger, faster!
See my responses above...
Closed Thread