Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.05.26, 03:35 PM   #211
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorWKR View Post
what if you just used a reg rear pod that used inserts for the bearings... went with a universal rear shaft... and used shims for the motor.. you could make .5, 1 and 1.5 shims and inserts... that might work...

what diff? you mean a regular AWD rear end?

i havent broken or bent anything on mine either, it seems pretty durable.

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.26, 03:37 PM   #212
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisMMA View Post
what diff? you mean a regular AWD rear end?

i havent broken or bent anything on mine either, it seems pretty durable.
standard 02 diff just incorporate a universal joint in it so it will bend for the camber...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.26, 11:35 PM   #213
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
im using the stock limiters and white springs with the softer sway bar.... i have the front height set at zero right now... no droop, no preload... i dont like lowereing the front on the aarm as all it does is lower ride hieght and add tons of preload.. im running trued pn 10's up front and kyosho 20 treaded in rear.. i was gonna try the yellow front springs... the green was way to soft for our track right now as it is compact and demanding... im assuming i will go with a softer front set up as soon as we get our new full scale layout..
ok....in pressure rating..... white springs are the softest inn the kit.... then green, purple, red ,yellow
the red is odd as it is shorter than the others and it is the same as the std blk spring that comes with the kit
if u install the wht spring with zero preload you will most likely have droop under the weight of the car with batteries...
a good starting point is to install the batteries in the car without the body on and take note of where the knuckle post slides thru the toe bar.... as you unweight the front you should have no more than .5mm or visual change
understand that droop will give you more off power roll and more on power steering making a grippy front even grippier....

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 09:45 AM   #214
ianc

Quote:
white springs are the softest inn the kit.... then green, purple, red ,yellow. the red is odd as it is shorter than the others and it is the same as the std blk spring that comes with the kit
Grant, are you quite sure of this? Where are you getting this information?

It seems to be at odds with what Ben Lee is saying here at the bottom of the page:

http://mini-z-guide.com/A-Arm_Front_Susp.htm

ianc
ianc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 10:17 AM   #215
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

^

you are correct iun what the chart says... but i have to agree with grant to the extent of that the red springs definitly arent the softest and are harder than the green.. the colors seem to be a little messed up...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
Old 2009.05.27, 11:31 AM   #216
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

when the first spring kits came in i was asked to test them....i tested each spring set first by feel then on my valve spring pressure tester
then drove every set.....every spring set was driveable....for me the fastest and most consistent was the green set....the purple set pushed a little more than the green and the yellow set felt sluggish on quick transitions ...
i have also found that the sluggishness can be tuned out by adding more preload to the spring....the beauty of this front end is that it has infinite possibilities when it comes to making the perfect set up for your driving style....
dont be afraid to try things outside of your norm.....if you dont try you will never know....

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2009.05.27, 12:13 PM   #217
ianc

[/quote]when the first spring kits came in i was asked to test them....i tested each spring set first by feel then on my valve spring pressure tester[/quote]

So, no offense, but either you or Ben is presenting us with incorrect data. As the front end's designer, Ben would seem the definitive source of information on it, but you seem to have done considerable testing on it as well.

I would like a definitive answer on it however. I will PM Ben and ask him to comment on it and possibly we can resolve it...

ianc
ianc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 12:18 PM   #218
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

^

i thought they would of made these springs the same colors as the 02 springs to keep the confusion to a miniumum... its no big deal it just sucks that ive spent two weeks trying to tune this front end using the wrong springs thinking that white was the second hardest like the others... but from what grant is saying i will go to red as that would be the equvilant to white on my 02... as long as it all gets figured out its no biggie..

Old 2009.05.27, 01:50 PM   #219
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

when the first spring kits came in i was asked to test them....i tested each spring set first by feel then on my valve spring pressure tester[/quote]

So, no offense, but either you or Ben is presenting us with incorrect data. As the front end's designer, Ben would seem the definitive source of information on it, but you seem to have done considerable testing on it as well.

I would like a definitive answer on it however. I will PM Ben and ask him to comment on it and possibly we can resolve it...

ianc[/QUOTE]

bens chart is correct as he did the initial calculations ....however he did not produce it
there must have been a mix up @ the factory in the paint codes....it is possible....lol....
in actually, as in motorcycle racing, no 2 springs are exactly the same you can have 2 green springs but one may be .002" shorter than the other...@ this scale it it a huge diff

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2009.05.27, 01:59 PM   #220
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Quote:
i thought they would of made these springs the same colors as the 02 springs to keep the confusion to a miniumum... its no big deal it just sucks that ive spent two weeks trying to tune this front end using the wrong springs thinking that white was the second hardest like the others... but from what grant is saying i will go to red as that would be the equvilant to white on my 02... as long as it all gets figured out its no biggie..
if you have been using the white spring the next step will be the red.....then green then purp then yellow please try adding more preload as it cleans up the wallow in the front end....

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2009.05.27, 02:02 PM   #221
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
if you have been using the white spring the next step will be the red.....then green then purp then yellow please try adding more preload as it cleans up the wallow in the front end....
will do... thanks for the help... hopefully i can get this set up in time for the jersy pn regional.... i have to make sure my car is tuned properlly in order to get outta your way

Old 2009.05.27, 02:03 PM   #222
MantisMMA
tire schredder

so where do the silver springs fit in as far as stiffness?

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 02:09 PM   #223
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

^

if your talking about the springs that come with the kit it is equivalant to the red springs as grant had mentioned..

Old 2009.05.27, 02:18 PM   #224
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
sorry but this is diffferent than what you posted before

"ok....in pressure rating..... white springs are the softest inn the kit.... then green, purple, red ,yellow
the red is odd as it is shorter than the others and it is the same as the std blk spring that comes with the kit"

i hate to ask but can we just go over the color order one more time...

Old 2009.05.27, 02:19 PM   #225
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

^

and what sway bar are you running if any?