Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.01.18, 01:47 PM   #1
briankstan

2006 Winter Championship

Well the time has come. We will be starting our 2006 winter championship this thursday.

we will have a few new people joining us this go around. a few new, and one rejoining after his break to get married and settled in with his wife.

it should be an exciting season. it will be the first season that we will be using the core system throughout the entire season. (we used it a few races in the last points series).

We have enough members that we will be changing the race format slightly. We will be going with a more PN Style races with qualifiers and A and B mains for the racers, and we will be changing the overland races to a timed race.

Points will be tallied and awards given.

We will have a 24 race season with a total of 12 events. and we will also be running the HFAY OLPS for those that want to participate.

a couple of the new members you may see here on the boards are: stepchild, clanure, & Ryan Gardner(back racing). Most of the others are here, but mostly lurkers.

Everyone feel free to make comments and suggestions here in the Salt Lake Mini-z Sub forum.
Old 2006.01.18, 02:47 PM   #2
stepchild

Send a message via Yahoo to stepchild
Brian,

I know nothing about the PN style racing. Do you have a link that explains it?

Mike
stepchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.18, 03:00 PM   #3
briankstan

to quickly explain:

we will run a # of qalifying races. and acording to the times and # of Laps the Core software will give you a rank. we will split the # of racer into 2 groups based apon the rank, then run the mains. The A main will have say the top 5 ranked racers and the B main the remaining 5 racers (assuming we have 10)

the points will be awared by the time that you finish in the "mains"

What this typical will do is group the racers with the same skills levels together. As the racers improve they will be bumped up according to the qualifying races.

this way eveyone will get to race in the same # of races. We don't want to leave anyone out.
Old 2006.01.18, 03:16 PM   #4
stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
to quickly explain:

we will run a # of qalifying races. and acording to the times and # of Laps the Core software will give you a rank. we will split the # of racer into 2 groups based apon the rank, then run the mains. The A main will have say the top 5 ranked racers and the B main the remaining 5 racers (assuming we have 10)

the points will be awared by the time that you finish in the "mains"

What this typical will do is group the racers with the same skills levels together. As the racers improve they will be bumped up according to the qualifying races.

this way eveyone will get to race in the same # of races. We don't want to leave anyone out.
Sounds good.

B main here I come
Old 2006.01.18, 09:38 PM   #5
Clanure

Send a message via MSN to Clanure Send a message via Yahoo to Clanure
Don't worry, I'll be right behind you... Ok, maybe not right behind, a few laps down perhaps.

I'm alright with that though, cuz you gotta start somewhere.

~! I'll come up with something fancy to put here eventually !~
Clanure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.18, 10:53 PM   #6
stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanure
Don't worry, I'll be right behind you... Ok, maybe not right behind, a few laps down perhaps.

I'm alright with that though, cuz you gotta start somewhere.
You're right you gotta start somewhere.

This will be my first official race. I have had some practice races, but not the real thing. And I hate to tell you how bad I did it those races. The guys were probably just screwing around. Not serious at all. But hopefully the more I race...MAYBE...the better I get.

Mike
Old 2006.01.19, 10:55 AM   #7
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepchild
You're right you gotta start somewhere.

This will be my first official race. I have had some practice races, but not the real thing. And I hate to tell you how bad I did it those races. The guys were probably just screwing around. Not serious at all. But hopefully the more I race...MAYBE...the better I get.

Mike

the best exerience you can get is to just get out and race. I know I finished way down in my first couple races. In the first 100 lap race I finished 35-40 laps down.

I hope the snow is done for today. We got about 5" last night
Old 2006.01.19, 11:27 AM   #8
stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
the best exerience you can get is to just get out and race. I know I finished way down in my first couple races. In the first 100 lap race I finished 35-40 laps down.

I hope the snow is done for today. We got about 5" last night
I hope the snow is done too. We got less then an inch. Sounds like you got a lot more then we did. Hope the roads dry out.
Old 2006.01.19, 01:33 PM   #9
Clanure

Send a message via MSN to Clanure Send a message via Yahoo to Clanure
The roads here in SLC are fine. Nothing at all to worry about on the freeways, either. My commute this morning was a little slow, but nothing dramatic. At home we had barely a skiff of snow.

~! I'll come up with something fancy to put here eventually !~
Clanure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.19, 02:40 PM   #10
stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanure
The roads here in SLC are fine. Nothing at all to worry about on the freeways, either. My commute this morning was a little slow, but nothing dramatic. At home we had barely a skiff of snow.
I plan on being there. The roads here are almost dry.
Old 2006.01.19, 05:32 PM   #11
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepchild
I plan on being there. The roads here are almost dry.
great. see you all in a little while
Old 2006.02.15, 02:38 PM   #12
briankstan

we are ready for the race tomarrow. 2-16-06. I've attached a pic of the track we will be running on.

this will be a Salt Lake Mini-Z points race. we will be running all classes.

I'll see eveyone there. I'm looking forward to seeing eveyone and how much you have improved. The last race was great.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chads # 2.jpg (144.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 2006.02.15, 02:59 PM   #13
ARN

is the race schedule on your site?
ARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.15, 03:04 PM   #14
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Zaniac
is the race schedule on your site?
yup, the next years schedule is on the website, we moved this one up a week, from what was originally posted, I changed it as soon as it was moved. I try to keep everything updated. you are welcome to join in anytime. If you are up on a weekend or something we could throw down some Time Trials.

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/schedule.html

the only thing that hasn't been scheduled yet is the enduro. it will be during the summer.
Old 2006.04.18, 02:58 PM   #15
briankstan

We had a nice GTG last thursday at Stepchilds. It was Stepchild, Clanure, and myself and we met up with a new guy that contacted my through our website. He is an avid xmodder and had done plenty to his xmod. Needless to say he was very inpressed with the Mini-Z. I first lest him have a go with my mostly stock loaner car and he really liked that.

Since it was just the 4 of us and wer were running on a fairly large track (see attachment) I decided I would let him have a go with my MR-02 MM that I race. He liked that one alot better (see tuning does made a difference).

By the end of the night we had lots of discussions about what this and that does on a mini-z and what upgrades to get and all that. My hope it that he will be addicted and start racing regularly. He is planning on comming to our race this Thursday and joining it. I guess we will see if he comes with a new Z or not. He aslo has a friend that hopefully will be joining in for the racing action too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mikes_garage_1_printing.jpg (211.5 KB, 23 views)