Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.04.04, 11:10 AM   #16
pick
Village Idiot

Race Results 04/03/08

Great turnout @ HSH last night with some new and old faces! Lap times were smoking fast and competition was close. Pedro, you're killin us in the prostock class with an astounding 62 laps! Rodney Combs took open modified and as usual his son Conor won the novice stock. Prostock better watch out for Conor, cause he's coming hard. F1 was a great race, but we had a problem with the counting system. So, the only thing we know for sure is that Rodney won as usual. Results are attached. Congrats to all winners and looking forward to seeing everyone next week!
James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg novice.jpg (377.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg prostock.jpg (411.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg modified.jpg (382.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by pick; 2008.04.04 at 11:14 AM.
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.04, 03:24 PM   #17
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Did I hear something about plans to organize a LARGE track event some weekend? That would be great. I'd love to run and would help with setup etc...
Great racing again. Gotta get the caster wheels off the back of my F1, thanks to Mike M for the loaner ride. Handled nice, just can't prang it. I was impressed with the way Jay's 2.4 steered, very accurate. Might be time to trade the old 02 in.

Hope Vicky wasn't to hot about running late. Thanks again HSH!

Pedro
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.05, 11:51 AM   #18
pick
Village Idiot

Big Racetrack Day

Pedro,
Myself and Jay are trying to organize the event and would welcome any help. My main goal is to get as much participation in the actual racing as possible. I have access to a 80,000 sq. ft. building in Charlotte with bathrooms, heat/ac, gated parking lot, etc. Between myself, Jay, and Norman we have A LOT of track. However, we could always use more?? The racing will be free to everyone, and I'm talking to HSH about letting them set up shop for sales and parts as a token of appreciation for all they do for us. We're shooting for a Sat. race in May, but I have access to the bldg. for anytime we want. I think Mike Moore may let us use his core sys. for counting. One thing I know we'll need are tables and chairs. There are plenty of elec. outlets. Any input or help would be appreciated.
James
Old 2008.04.09, 12:53 AM   #19
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Big Race Track Day

I think collectively we have enough track to make something twice the size as HS it would only be 2 tile wide but who cares (myself I have 4 wide L's and 1 wide oval). I think the recent Atomic race in NY was only 2 wide. Anyway I think we are going to have a big time. I am excited I think we are shooting for a Saturday May 17. Unfortunately. Iwill not be able to make it today, but will see you all next week. Have fun racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.09, 05:53 AM   #20
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

With a large track cars will be more spaced out so 2 wide would be fine I think. The May 17 weekend would be good for me.
Does the building have power? Is it office or warehouse space? Will we need tables, track lighting? Look forward to it...
Pedro
Old 2008.04.09, 10:44 AM   #21
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Racing

I think James has arranged for table and chairs, I am going to bring a few myself. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a few for yourself just in case. As far as power I think there is plenty. I am sure the facility has lighting but am not 100% certain. I think by the middle of next week should have a more solid plan with all the details ironed out. Glad to see your interest!!!!! I wonder if there is any one out there in MINI-Z land that is interested?

Jay
Old 2008.04.09, 10:49 AM   #22
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Track lay outs

With the amount of track that we have collectively we should be able to build a track with one of the 5 wide L layouts on the sight of the provided link. To be honest I think we probably have enough to build one even bigger.

Jay

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Tracks.html
Old 2008.04.09, 03:44 PM   #23
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

I think we should spread the word. Let pinoyboy know. Post in the Event Forum. Maybe print up some flyers and post in consenting hobby shops in Greensboro and Charlotte. Before you know it you've got a concession stand and a "Discount Race Queen".

Pedro
Old 2008.04.09, 06:36 PM   #24
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocamp View Post
I think we should spread the word. Let pinoyboy know. Post in the Event Forum. Maybe print up some flyers and post in consenting hobby shops in Greensboro and Charlotte. Before you know it you've got a concession stand and a "Discount Race Queen".

Pedro
Just came back from Myrtle Beach. Today spent time with HRDRVR at his facility. Nice setup. Complete dedicated race room. Talked with him about getting a group together and coming up. Definetly let Hank and the Atlanta crowd know. Probably should contact Spoon and the group from Charlottesville VA. There is a group in Columbia SC also. You could get this completely out of hand in no time if you try.

I just ordered another dozen CORE transponders just in case. Some discussion should be held real soon.

Crusty
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.09, 07:09 PM   #25
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Lap counter

This is good!!!!!!!! What about F-1 transponders. Would you lend people transponders or sell them. It might be easier to buy some more and sell them at cost or whatever you decide to make life easier on everyone, who knows just a thought, I definately think it would be easier than sharing. I guess they probably share transponders at the big events though because the GIRO-Z sytem only allows 24 transponders total. Anyway Mike this is your area. I am sure you will come up with the least complicated system to accomadate everyones needs. Sounds like you have the system pretty well figured out anyway. I wonder if anyone else has any input. I guess we need to get the date set in stone so we can get some of the other logistics underway. Pedro it sounds like you have a feel for getting the event thread going, talk to James about the date tommorrow and maybe we could officially start our campaign. Hope you guys have a great time racing tommorrow. I will be supporting my daughter tommorrow at her senior project benefit concert.

Jay
Old 2008.04.12, 09:16 PM   #26
pick
Village Idiot

Race Results for 04/10/08

Another great night of racing at HSH. The competition just gets thicker every week. Congrats to Rodney, Pedro, and Dale for their wins. Can't wait til next week!! Results are attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg openmodified.jpg (381.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg f1.jpg (363.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg prostock.jpg (382.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg novicestock.jpg (389.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 2008.04.13, 09:38 PM   #27
n2rc

Exclamation high speed hobbies track change 4/12

can we please put the track back the way it was before thursday nights race. i agree that the transponder loop needed to be in front of the computer at a low speed corner due to wheel hopping issues in the high speed first corner. now the track has been completely turned around with the straight away in front of the pit tables and the transponder loop still at the end of the front stretch and an even worse wheel hop issue. i saw cars getting some air saturday due to the hump. everyone was just getting used to the old design and turning nice, consistent, fast laps. i think all the f1 cars now have transponders now so that is not even an issue. i heard turn marshalling was possibly an issue on this change as well. thursday nights f1 race was the only problem i could see. turn marshalls do not need to stand between drivers on the front stretch while marshalling but somewhere near the corners out of the drivers line of sight. when they go to retrieve a car they need to get off the track as quick as possible. if we keep the track as it is now the transponder loop will have to be moved again to a slower section on the track. it would be easier to spin the track back the way it was. the table in front of the fuel is also in the way now. it is now in the first corner/second staightaway. at least before we had an open first corner/second straightaway for turn marshalling. if all else fails we need to move the pit tables back and pit looking at the front of the store so drivers can drive from that side but then you have to move the tables every thursday night and worry about someone tripping over the cords or kicking the transonder wires loose. this is merely suggestions, but i think spinning the track back around like it was is the best alternative (just leave the transponder cord in front of the computer). todd
n2rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.14, 12:29 PM   #28
tommy_greeneyes

just an Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2rc View Post
can we please put the track back the way it was before thursday nights race. i agree that the transponder loop needed to be in front of the computer at a low speed corner due to wheel hopping issues in the high speed first corner. now the track has been completely turned around with the straight away in front of the pit tables and the transponder loop still at the end of the front stretch and an even worse wheel hop issue. i saw cars getting some air saturday due to the hump. everyone was just getting used to the old design and turning nice, consistent, fast laps. i think all the f1 cars now have transponders now so that is not even an issue. i heard turn marshalling was possibly an issue on this change as well. thursday nights f1 race was the only problem i could see. turn marshalls do not need to stand between drivers on the front stretch while marshalling but somewhere near the corners out of the drivers line of sight. when they go to retrieve a car they need to get off the track as quick as possible. if we keep the track as it is now the transponder loop will have to be moved again to a slower section on the track. it would be easier to spin the track back the way it was. the table in front of the fuel is also in the way now. it is now in the first corner/second staightaway. at least before we had an open first corner/second straightaway for turn marshalling. if all else fails we need to move the pit tables back and pit looking at the front of the store so drivers can drive from that side but then you have to move the tables every thursday night and worry about someone tripping over the cords or kicking the transonder wires loose. this is merely suggestions, but i think spinning the track back around like it was is the best alternative (just leave the transponder cord in front of the computer). todd

If you can remeber the way we use to have the track ,when is was Carpet, the Loop was next to Vicky and it had a Bridge , so the cars go under it, and now you have no bumpsss,is that any help for you guys

And if i recall when i use to race with you guys, the reason of getting the RCP track was so you can change the track layout,every now and then, Good driver get around any layout, good luck everyone

tommy
tommy_greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.14, 02:39 PM   #29
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Re: Big Race Track Day

I talked to mleemor60, and am really looking forward to what y'all come up with. There are a few guys from MB that will most likely make the trip as long as there arent any scheduling conflicts. If its something on a saturday, and at a time where we can make it a one day trip, it will help immensely.

Ill stay tuned to this thread for any updates, so if you guys start a new one for the event, please post a link here.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.15, 08:42 PM   #30
pick
Village Idiot

Big Racetrack Day

Hrdrvr,
Thanks for your interest! As of now, it's definitely going to happen! We're looking at setting the date for Saturday, May 17. This date looks good for everyone right now. The location will be off of Sugar Creek Rd. in Charlotte,NC. This is less than 3 mi. off I-85. I have access to an 80,000 sq. ft. indoor facility that we can use however we want! We've had A LOT of track donated. And Mike Morse (mleemor60) has been nice enough to not only lend his core system, but also run the scoring and timing for the event. We will soon have a thread dedicated to the event for further info. Let me know what you and your friends think.
James