Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.01.20, 05:38 PM   #1
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Cool My RCP Office Track

Iíve been working in the office for the last couple of weeks and have had a chance to spend some time running on my RCP-Track, which is set up at the office, and I wanted to give a more comprehensive report.
As Iíve stated in the RCP-Tracks Review thread I purchased two Wide-L tracks from the shop here, I ordered on Sunday and received the tracks on Tuesday unbelievably fast. Iíve set the tracks up at my office and have been blown away by how much fun it has been. Iím posting a configuration which uses all the pieces of the two Wide-L tracks, it measures 16í-4Ēx 13í-0Ē. Iím amazed how a track of this size can offer such a great racing venue.
I bought my first Mini-Z about a year ago an have built a couple of tracks, about this size, using foam tiles and PVC pipe and/or plastic drywall corner bead for rails. These tracks have worked ok, however I found a single configuration and the brutal impact against the rails a detriment to learning! Iíve beat up a number of bodies and parts just learning how to drive reasonably well.
With the RCP-Tracks rail system you can crash into the wall and not do any damage. The textured side of the track surface provides a great surface to race on. You can reconfigure the track in minutes. In just a short time Iíve found I can now go for a particular line and actually hold it. The therapeutic value is absolutely remarkable. Having the track at the office is a great way to refocus.
After many hours on the computer, I can take a break, run some laps and Iím ready to get back to it. What an amazing way to take a break and regenerate!
I have an MR-01, F-1, MR-02, & MR-02RM. Learning the true individual handling characteristics of them all has been much easier on the RCP-Track.
I have photos but canít post them. Iím posting a view of the computer model I made of the track configuration I previously referred to. I hope to post the photos soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rcp%20office%20track.jpg (352.4 KB, 298 views)
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.20, 09:05 PM   #2
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

hammer

Nice to see you share the same enthusiasm as i do with the rcp track.You hit the nail on the head with your observations.The track i have set up is very close to yours.About 4 to 6 of us get together to race.Everybody likes this type of track surface better.Great racing.Have fun!
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.20, 09:49 PM   #3
terraz

At your office

You must have a large office.
is you track config one of the RCP tracks confg's on thier web site.

i also just got mine only one for now. I am waiting for my lap counter to arive. he he he he

Have a great time!!!!!
terraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.21, 05:45 AM   #4
El Tigre

Cool! Your office is in a big white void.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.21, 10:46 AM   #5
Austin_Mini_Man

Re: hammer

You hit the nail on the head with your observations.....
Hammer hit the nail on the head?-Ted
Old 2004.01.22, 09:03 AM   #6
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Yeah, Iíve made a living hitting the nail on the head for many years! The track configuration is just one I came up with using my CAD program. I created virtual models of the four tile corner & straight track sections similar to the sections Iíve assembled for storing the track. Iíve posted my storage method in the RCP-Track Review thread http://minizracer.com/forums/showthr...threadid=10886.

Two wide L tracks contain 12 of the four tile corner sections and 8 of the four tile straight sections. I actually built the computer model, using dimensions I obtained from John @ RCP-Tracks, before I purchased the tracks. This allowed me to determine how many tracks to buy for the amount of space I had available. This also gave me the option to view different configurations from any angle before I actually had the track.
Itís a computer model, thus the ďwhite voidĒ El Tigre referred to. Like I said, I hope to be able to post picís soon.
Old 2004.01.22, 09:38 AM   #7
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
hammer,
would you be willing to email me the cad drawings you made? i have the wide l and expansion pack and i'd like to work out a track configuration before opening them up. i might be getting a wide oval too... you don't allow emails form the profile page so i'm posting here.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.22, 03:40 PM   #8
terraz

Hammer: What tires do you run on your RCP track. Or What have you done about wheel hop arond the corners. I was getting some and noticed that each time it hoped it left a burn mark in the Track and actual grove. dont want a lot of that!!!!!

Thanks Terraz
terraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.23, 09:06 AM   #9
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

terraz, Iím basically running the softest tires I can find. I think 15ís on the front and 10ís on the rear. I have Kyosho ball diffís installed on all of my cars, except my one stock MR-02 enzo, and I've adjusted them to be fairly loose. I havenít experienced any wheel hop. I just installed a set of Z-Speed wheels on my F1 and on the RCP track that sucker drives like itís on rails.
Lots of fun.
Old 2004.01.23, 02:41 PM   #10
camusfa

really nice track, and the layout is so cool also!!
Old 2004.02.14, 07:17 PM   #11
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Well, since I havenít been able to post a photo of my office track due to computer problems, I thought Iíd link to a shot of a track track that RCPMini-Z posted. http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attach...&postid=112409
This is the the track I have set up at my office, when I can afford the space. An incredible amount of fun!
Old 2004.02.15, 10:03 PM   #12
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Ok, because my previous link is to a metric track released in Japan, in the interest of accuracy, Iím posting this new comparable view of my office track.
The scale is accurate for U.S. customers and measures 16í-4Ē x 13í-0Ē and includes all the elements included in two Wide L Tracks. Sorry for any confusion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rcp-track%20layout%203.jpg (78.5 KB, 84 views)
Old 2004.03.02, 09:27 PM   #13
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

I just received my RCP-Track Pit Lane upgrade today. Here is my computer rendering of the standard RCP-Track Pit Lane upgrade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rcp-track%20w%3a%20pit%201.jpg (392.9 KB, 42 views)
Old 2004.03.02, 09:38 PM   #14
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

As well, I received some Narrow Oval Track pieces which allowed me to build a deluxe Pit Lane. This is my computer rendering of this deluxe Pit Lane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rcp-track%20w%3a%20pit%202.jpg (427.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 2004.03.03, 05:26 PM   #15
camusfa

how many track have you buy?? i want to make one myself but kind of like expendsive, haha, if i buy one, it will be just a simple one!! too bad!!!