Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.03.19, 05:57 AM   #1
mini-z
Administrator

Cool 2008 FIA Formula One World Championship

Just wondering who else is watching this season and what everyone thinks etc.?
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.19, 06:40 AM   #2
wwwes
Red River Racers

Hamilton's win was not so surprising, what was surprising to me was the failure of all of the Ferrari cars and their motors. With no traction control we get to see the true skill of the drivers and I was a little surprised at how well Alonso did with what was described as a somewhat slow car. The racing to me is more indicitive of what the fans need more of , actual racing, I hope this is just the start of a great season where there are more than two teams battling for the championship.
wwwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.19, 07:36 AM   #3
simalive

I agree with wwwes.

Also, seems like BMW is really coming up strong this season. They just need better luck next race though.

Massa doesn't look too good at all without traction control this year. I'm buying into the rumor that Vettel to replace Massa for 2009.

Other little tidbits that had me laughing were:

Rosberg's first podium, only had him so excited that he forgot to take off his cap during the national anthem.

And what's up with McLaren's steering wheel buttons? Another "mistake hit" by Hekki this time?
simalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.19, 07:43 AM   #4
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Pretty exciting race, but from a ferrari fans point of view, it was horrible. I hope 7 finishers isnt a sign of whats to come without drivers aids. Im sure every one will get used to driving without them though.

Massa and Kimi were both ones to slightly overdrive their cars last year. They were both exciting to watch because of that. Their overdriving techniques didnt pay off this race with Massa running off the road in turn one, and Kimi overshooting two different turns while trying to make up time (something he was exceptionally good at last year).

I hope they get it together, and I also hope that Hamilton doesnt run away from the field too much. With a season of experience he could be tough to catch if he builds an early season lead this year. I dont forsee him making rookie mistakes (like he did last year) and giving the championship away.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.19, 10:48 AM   #5
briankstan

I thought that the race was quite exciting, I'm also a ferrari fan and was a bit disappointed in the ferrari's finishes or lack there of.

I think they will improve on the car for sure. It seems that Kimi had the same problem at the end of the race that he had in qualifying.

the BMW's had a great race, So did Alonzo for having a car with bad pace, I like that because I can't stand Him

My only hope is that more cars can finish the race, more than half the feild crashed out our had technical problems.
Old 2008.03.19, 10:55 AM   #6
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Bourdais had a great performance, a talanted and smart driver. He is used to driving cars without all the driver aids. Wish his car had not let him down...
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote