Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2009.01.21, 11:09 PM   #1
eztuner12
Do you want to go fasst??

Mini-96 World ChampionShip (M-96WCS)

Ok Gentlemen.
This will be the official thread for the M-96WCS (Mini-96 World ChampionShip)
I’m certainly very happy that a few of us agree to go ahead with this fun event.

So go on and express your opinions here.
The opinion of those that will participate are the only ones that will be taking in consideration, so if you aren’t a participant save it!

As to this point the only rule would be:
1. Enjoy it and have fun!!!
2. Posses a Mini-96 track. Expansion kit if possible.
3. We all would race on the same track layout and on the same determinate time set.
4. Be honest submitting your accomplished # of laps on the time set.
5. Any 1/28 scale car, any motor, any body shell, any wheelbase will be allowed to race at the same time in a race.
6. Minimum # of drivers on a race will be two (2).

Last edited by eztuner12; 2009.01.22 at 12:23 AM.
eztuner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.22, 12:10 AM   #2
PridgeoK

Heh. Love it, Richard. I think the order is slightly mistaken though. #6 is actually #1.

Kev.
PridgeoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.22, 12:24 AM   #3
eztuner12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridgeoK View Post
Heh. Love it, Richard. I think the order is slightly mistaken though. #6 is actually #1.

Kev.
Hi Kevin,
Better now, right?
Cheers
Old 2009.01.22, 03:31 PM   #4
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Cool!!! I'll post some track layouts using the expansion kit later today but definitely by tomorrow.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.22, 03:57 PM   #5
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Here are two very similar layouts I used the mini 96 and expansion kit, only difference is RCP Track 2 has a three tile wide turn coming into the turns before the straight and RCP Track 1 has two tile wide turn which opens in the three tile wide turns before the straight. Let me know if this is to big to long in short this track is about 19' long and 8'9" at its widest and 5'7" for the shortest width.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP Track 1.jpg (40.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg RCP Track 2.jpg (40.2 KB, 63 views)

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2009.01.22 at 04:04 PM.
Old 2009.01.22, 04:05 PM   #6
eztuner12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub1m View Post
Cool!!! I'll post some track layouts using the expansion kit later today but definitely by tomorrow.
Yep right here.

Dose of you that don’t have the expansion kit, can use the Mini-96 it self.
And if you have a wide large RCP or any other track, that could be set to the dimensions and layout of the chosen racetrack, NO PROBLEM!!! You are welcome too. Remember this event will be for fun only. So any thing is all right, a inch more or less won’t really make a difference, since you will be always a winner of your own race.
Philip tries to keep the layouts designs with in 11x11 feet’s, perhaps reasonable measurements, to build a track inside a home, Apt or Patio, right?
Thanks!
Cheers
Old 2009.01.22, 04:24 PM   #7
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by eztuner12 View Post
Yep right here.

Dose of you that don’t have the expansion kit, can use the Mini-96 it self.
And if you have a wide large RCP or any other track, that could be set to the dimensions and layout of the chosen racetrack, NO PROBLEM!!! You are welcome too. Remember this event will be for fun only. So any thing is all right, a inch more or less won’t really make a difference, since you will be always a winner of your own race.
Philip tries to keep the layouts designs with in 11x11 feet’s, perhaps reasonable measurements, to build a track inside a home, Apt or Patio, right?
Thanks!
Cheers
Sounds good, I'll work on shortening the layouts a bit. I got the basement to myself so I can do some nice straights . Looks like I'll have to get rid of my 9 tooth pinions and go to 6 tooth .

Old 2009.01.22, 05:28 PM   #8
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Here are some smaller tracks. Track 3 maybe a little long but I thought I would throw it in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP Track3c.jpg (39.8 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg RCP Track3d.jpg (39.9 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg RCP Track3f.jpg (40.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg RCP Track 3.jpg (40.2 KB, 59 views)

Old 2009.01.22, 08:02 PM   #9
eztuner12

Thumbs up

OK!!!!
Now we are talking.These 4 new tracks are much better layouts than the first two you posted first. Yep indeed
Cheers

Last edited by eztuner12; 2009.01.22 at 08:04 PM.
Old 2009.01.22, 09:48 PM   #10
PridgeoK

Great designs, Philip! I really like them as well.

Track-wise, I have the mini-96 + one of each of the expansion sets, so I should be good to make the tracks you've posted.

I have the space to do approx. 17x20 in my carport, which is only good in decent (meaning, warmer, not-so-soggy) weather. Indoors, I think I can fit an 8 x 16 track unless I really go crazy and move a lot of furniture around (which is plausible, but difficult at the moment), and if I rent out a common room nearby, I can fit around 16 x 23... costs me $25 to rent though , but if I get enough people out to race with, it's a pretty cheap rental with 5 or more people. Could happen...

Attached is one of the tracks we've run in my carport, which worked out fairly well. A bit to big for the 11x11 dimensions Richard mentioned though.

Kev.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carport Track 10.jpg (119.2 KB, 61 views)
Old 2009.01.23, 08:58 AM   #11
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridgeoK View Post
Great designs, Philip! I really like them as well.

Track-wise, I have the mini-96 + one of each of the expansion sets, so I should be good to make the tracks you've posted.

I have the space to do approx. 17x20 in my carport, which is only good in decent (meaning, warmer, not-so-soggy) weather. Indoors, I think I can fit an 8 x 16 track unless I really go crazy and move a lot of furniture around (which is plausible, but difficult at the moment), and if I rent out a common room nearby, I can fit around 16 x 23... costs me $25 to rent though , but if I get enough people out to race with, it's a pretty cheap rental with 5 or more people. Could happen...

Attached is one of the tracks we've run in my carport, which worked out fairly well. A bit to big for the 11x11 dimensions Richard mentioned though.

Kev.
Wow!!! Nice layout Pridgeok. That's why I love the mini 96 so many expansion for it and so many layouts.

Pridgeok feel free to post some other track layouts you want to run then we can choose one to run.

Also, what software are you using to make your layouts?

Old 2009.01.23, 11:55 AM   #12
eztuner12

Thumbs up

Yeah man!!! vry nice layout indeed!!!!
Cheers
Old 2009.01.23, 06:50 PM   #13
PridgeoK

I too really enjoy the mini-96 expansion sets - they add a ton of flexibility to the layouts you can make! RCP has done an awesome job with them.

Definitely, I will make more layouts and post them. A lot of the ones I have made so far have been longer, simpler tracks so that my kids can manage the track. That #10 carport track was a little touchy for them to run on, but I enjoyed it. I'll try to draw some that will be a little more technical though.

I use the Google Sketchup program for the tracks, since it is free and makes for some nice 3D output. Plus, it is super easy to make tracks now that I have a template made. I have created both the mini-96 pieces and the Wide format track pieces true to scale, and have them made into simple template files, so if you would like to try it out, send me a PM or email and I will fire you an e-mail back with some attachments (a few MB worth, but not horribly large). The wide format tracks aren't 100% complete - I don't have the starting lines drawn out or the wide-radius outside corners or other specialty pieces - but it is good enough to make some tracks in their correct scale sizes. (Actually, if someone can take a decent picture of the wide tracks starting grid and send them to me, I'd really appreciate it.)

Cheers guys,

Kev.
Old 2009.01.23, 07:13 PM   #14
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Great!!! I will be PMing you in a few min.

I also wanted to say I tried RCP Track 3c and I found out with the Mini 96 and expansion kit I only had 12 inside corners and 12 outside corners. Basically I had to modify it a bit to make it work. I should have checked the RCP Track Builder program since it keeps track of the # and type of pieces you use. Anyway I am posting the revised RCP Track 3cVer2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP Track 3cVer2.jpg (39.4 KB, 52 views)

Old 2009.01.23, 07:28 PM   #15
eztuner12

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub1m View Post
Great!!! I will be PMing you in a few min.

I also wanted to say I tried RCP Track 3c and I found out with the Mini 96 and expansion kit I only had 12 inside corners and 12 outside corners. Basically I had to modify it a bit to make it work. I should have checked the RCP Track Builder program since it keeps track of the # and type of pieces you use. Anyway I am posting the revised RCP Track 3cVer2
Philip
I would like to download that track builder program of yours. Can we do it tomorrow night?