Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.10.23, 04:38 PM   #1
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

RCP Track Building Program

An RCP track building program is currently under construction and will be available hopefully in the next few weeks.

The first edition will be a basic track building program that will allow you to create custom RCP tracks online. The program will give you basic dimensions and will allow you to figure out how many RCP kits you will need to make your new layout.

The program will be updated periodically and new features will be added. The goal is to someday make the system more complex by allowing you to put in the number of kits you have or will have and the program will give you only the number of tiles contained in the multiple kits. You will also be able to make tracks with no limit to tiles. We are working on possible features that may allow you to produce 3D images of the tracks you complete.

As soon as everything is up and running, I am sure we will get some feedback and some suggestions on how to improve it. I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.10.23 at 04:42 PM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.23, 05:15 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i've been looking forward to this for a long time

i'm sure my ideas and what you have planned are already very close however i'll post them just to spur more thought and or judge what other find most important.

tile options
-build track according to the particual kit(s) you intend to purchase. this gives you a specified tile count based on the quantity and type of kits you select.
-build track from unlimited tile count for those that want the ulitmate in custom kits.
-build track from user defined tile count so those like myself with a mix match of kits and extra tile can work with what we have so to speak.

layout options
-optional grid for those who might be more visually challenged seriously, it can help at times.
-free movement of tiles with an autosnap feature that knows to align tiles correctly
-pan and zoom features to let you work on a particular section while not having to view the tiles at a smaller scale (whole track). this would be helpful i think to some. people like hobby shops etc. who are interested in building very large tracks.
-customize laout/grid space so that those with limited space can test existing kits and or custom designs.

various other options
-save feature so yyou can build one and come back to it later for design/pricing changes
-price quote based on tile count or whatever format works for you. i wouldn't care about it being to the penny, just a round a bout number would be good for me anyway. kinda like a request a quote...
-the auto 3d image is a cool idea. something to show the wife before you break out the credit card
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.23, 06:11 PM   #3
Aaronnn
(TITANIUM)

is it going to be avail on your web site for use, or is this for sale?
Aaronnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.24, 01:38 PM   #4
MattPaintballer
Shopping Cart Drifter

Location: I have a home? You people need to tell me about these things I don't know!
Send a message via AIM to MattPaintballer
Sounds great! Currently I've been using a program called TrackMaker, it's okay I guess, but it's kind of time consuming. Arch those are some really good ideas. It would be cool if this program could do the following:

Dimensions - gives you the dimensions of the track so if you build a track on there and you want to know if it will fit in the room you have. It could just be at the bottom or something, ie at the bottom right corner it could say 10x7 feet / 3.048x2.134 meters.
Number of cars - this would be really cool and useful. What this does is tells you how many cars can fit side by side with the given track you have, and how many cars can race together on the track without too much difficulty (this would be calculated using the width of the track, not the length, because otherwise the program would give you insane numbers like 42 (anybody read "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ??? lol those are some funny 5 books...) or something.

"I have an idea. An idea so big my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin, Family Guy
MattPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.24, 03:38 PM   #5
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
well I was pondering turning my 3D files into a track maker for web-use... with out having to run exe files and what not...

so if you need 3D files of the track tiles, ive got them pretty accurate I might have to redraw the mini tiles to makethem more accurate though...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP-3Tracks.jpg (27.2 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Draconious; 2004.10.24 at 03:43 PM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.24, 09:42 PM   #6
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Hope to see it soon, sounds good.
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote